Start by marking “Strapless” as Want to Read:
Strapless

Leigh Riker

Strapless

3.17  ·  Rating details ·  350 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
With only 207 more shopping days until thirty, Darcie Elizabeth Baxter is searching for...an office with a door on it, a great apartment in Manhattan and a man who's interested in commitment.

Instead, she's been spending her days battling her co-workers at Wunderthings Lingerie International and her nights trying to avoid her grandmother's possessed cat. And though she gets
ebook
Published August 15th 2012 by Red Dress Ink (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Strapless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strapless

Julie
Dec 26, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick read, slightly addicting. Wish i was sitting on a beach reading this.
Charity
Cute story with good characters.
Mauser
Questo romanzo, un autentico chick-lit al 100% è stato davvero una gradevole sorpresa per trascorrere un rilassante pomeriggio. Non so davvero come ringraziare la persona con cui ho fatto lo scambio per avermelo fatto scoprire se non sperando che il mio libro le provochi la medesima mia gioia.
Forse la storia non sarà delle più originali, forse i cliché tipici del genere ci sono tutti in grande quantità, ma è davvero un romanzo delizioso, fresco, interessante e ricco di umorismo e divertimento.
L
Courtney Payne
Jul 01, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I hated this book. I thought the characters (especially then main) to be dull and weak. I thought the plot to be boring. The ending was predictable, which would have been okay as romance novels often end predictably, but I didn't feel as though all the loose ends were wrapped up for the main character.
Karen Peterson
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the characters and the setting. Easy beach read. It was both humorous and romantic.
Marsha
Another entry in the realm of sexual romances, this particular specimen is one that had me grinding my teeth from beginning to end. A horny milquetoast of a woman, Darcie Elizabeth Baxter (it’s revealing that her first two names are taken from one of literature’s most contentious couples) is good at her job but lousy at confrontations. She lets another co-worker steal her ideas and allows her on-again, off-again narcissistic adulterous lover to throw his boorishness all over her in bed.

When she
Lauren
Jul 27, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
I thought this book would be a light, easy read about a woman’s adventures in Australia. We’re talking about a young, single world traveler working in the lingerie industry - I was picturing something akin to “Priscilla, Queen of the Desert." As a frequent international traveler who has always wanted to go down under myself, I thought I would devour this book in just a few hours, but I was sorrily mistaken. The painfully push-over protagonist idly lets her coworkers steal credit for her work, ca ...more
Trudy
Jun 22, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Darcie Elizabeth Baxter works for a underwear company that is expanding into markets in Australia. She goes there for a 2 week fact finding trip with her boss and finds Dylan Rafferty, Aussie Cowboy. Throw in drama with a boyfriend, a sister who is dying to come to NYC from Cincinatti, a sex addicted grandmother, a back stabbing coworker, a friend going through the marriage trials after her first baby, and an upstairs neighbor that is prone to break ins and you have a pretty fun read... I would ...more
Sheena Ignatius
Mar 18, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Single girls
This book is about the life of an ordinary girl who is trying to make a name for herself in her company and at the same time trying to find to find love. It has a good share of steamy situations too. But after reading this book..i thought about a close friend of mine who is in the same situation as 'Darcie' who is the main character. I thought my close friend should quit all the flinging around and get her life straight. This book makes you think bout your career and the man you want to spend th ...more
Jen Angel
Sep 20, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read another book from this press that was a "romance" i guess, and it was cute and fun, and a quick read. I really enjoyed it, so I thought I would give this a try...! I was wrong... this one was has no nuance, poor dialogue, and a flat and predictable plotline. I stopped halfway through because I don't care about what happened to the main character.
  • Summer in the Land of Skin
  • Technical Hitch
  • Burning The Map
  • On The Verge
  • Scenes From A Holiday
  • Loose Screws
  • My Life Uncovered
  • Losing It
  • Whose Wedding Is It Anyway?
  • Tallulahland
  • Dating Without Novocaine
  • Lucky Girl
  • My Fake Wedding
  • Mafia Chic (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • A Minor Indiscretion