Start by marking “Windows 7 Para Dummies” as Want to Read:

Andy Rathbone

Windows 7 Para Dummies

3.59  ·  Rating details ·  153 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews

The perfect plain-English guide to the much-anticipated release of Windows 7

"Windows For Dummies" is the all-time bestselling guide to the Windows operating system. "Windows 7 For Dummies" answers all your questions about the interface adjustments and all the new tools in Windows 7.

Whether you're new to computers or just eager to start using the newest version of Windows,

Published December 14th 2011 by For Dummies (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Windows 7 Para Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Windows 7 Para Dummies

Terri Lynn
Apr 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I decided to review this though I read it years ago. My computer died and we bought a brand new one with this monstrosity called Windows 8 which has me pining for my beloved Windows 7. This is a good book that will take you through step-by-step learning about how to use Windows 7 and if you have the option of buying a used computer with Windows 7 on it versus a new one with Windows 8, GRAB the used one with Windows 7. Windows 8 was developed by some psychopathic, anti-social people-hating tech n ...more
Wojtek
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Windows 7
Richard
I forgot I read this book last year when I picked it up again (July 2011) at the library. The Dummies series of books is generally OK, and this one is no exception. I get the feeling that the same book is simply revised and republished each time a new Windows comes out. The material goes from the REALLY basic (I think everyone by now knows what the Internet is) to Intermediate level (e.g., intelligently changing your firewall settings). The writing style is breezy, sometimes bordering on being a ...more
Penny
Jun 22, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wish the author did not have a monopoly on these editions for FOR DUMMIES. His material is chaotic, he is anti-knowledge, anti-science -- constanting siding with the reader who he assumes is lazy and unmotivated. Nudge nudge, Wink wink. We don't have to know that do we? That's for the nerds from Animal House. Being dumb about computers, science or math doesn't mean stupid and illiterate.

Because the material is chaotic, it's hard to redflag or highlight something and expect to find it again ba
Elizabeth
May 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Where do you go for good advice about a windows/computer problem when your son has left for college? This is a good first choice. Not too technical, informative and useful for beginners, this is a useful primer on the basics of the Windows 7 world. With this tome, I became the go-to expert on Windows at home. What a surprise!
Trilok Reddy
only a book i will recommend for people who had never used windows in their life
Boots S
Very helpful for one who finds computers difficult to. Use
Aug 03, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
LoL .. this is being well used right by my computer!
Ellen Carpenter
  • Twitter for Dummies
  • The Art & Craft of Playwriting
  • The DAM Book: Digital Asset Management for Photographers
  • Touchpoints 3 to 6
  • The Best International Recipe: A Home Cook's Guide To The Best Recipes In The World (Best Recipe Classics) (A Best Recipe Classic)
  • Burn Before Reading: Presidents, CIA Directors, and Secret Intelligence
  • Under the Influence: A Guide to the Myths and Realities of Alcoholism
  • New Choices in Natural Healing: Over 1,800 of the Best Self-Help Remedies from the World of Alternative Medicine
  • 78 Reasons Why Your Book May Never Be Published and 14 Reasons Why Itjust Might
  • Creating Fiction: Instruction and Insights from Teachers of the Associated Writing Programs
Born in San Diego, California, Andy Rathbone began writing for newspapers in the early 80s. He started freelancing articles to computer magazines soon after, then began writing the "Windows For Dummies" series in 1992. His books have been translated into more than 30 languages worldwide.

He's since written more than 50 books, with more than 15 million copies in print. Recent books include Windows 8
More about Andy Rathbone