Start by marking “Frommer's Italy 2012” as Want to Read:
Frommer's Italy 2012

Darwin Porter

Frommer's Italy 2012

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  104 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Experience a place the way the locals do. Enjoy the best it has to offer. And avoid tourist traps. At Frommer's, we use 150 outspoken travel experts around the world to help you make the right choices. Frommer's. Your guide to a world of travel experience. Choose the Only Guide That Gives You:
Outspoken opinions on what's worth your time and what's not.
Exact prices, so you
Published September 20th 2011 by Frommer's (first published March 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Frommer's Italy 2012, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frommer's Italy 2012

Steven Peterson
Jan 07, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book begins by laying out its purpose (Page 2): "Italy is so packed with attractions that it's hard to know where to start. But that's where we come in." Frommer's has published many a volume that I have used in family vacations or even long weekends. This is another strong entry in the series.

The book begins with an introductory chapter that provides background for the rest of the work. It outlines some of the best places to visit, very briefly, in Italy (e.g., best restaurants, best wineg
Dusty
Jul 26, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: partial-reads
I confess: I don't know where I would start if I were assigned the monstrous/fabulous chore/pleasure of composing a tour-book about Italy. And to be fair, I generally like the authors' recommendations, though I did feel they angled toward a slightly older, slightly wealthier type of tourist than I consider myself. And I appreciated the extensive historical sketches at the start of each section. My friends, who were traveling with Fodor's 2010 guide, had little of that.

My beef with the book is it
Ellen
It was a great book for my trip...you should see it now. It's all torn up and all of the pages are folded and marked up. It told me everything I wanted to know about the places I visited in Italy. When we would go to a new city, I would just look it up in the book and see what sites were a MUST. It saved a lot of time. I also found the most amazing place to eat in Venice because of the descriptions in the book.
Phil
Jul 06, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel, italy
Good for planning a trip - one book for the whole country. Virtually no photos, though, so not great for planning whht you'll see or do (Use DK/Eyewitness series for that).
Shera
Thumbing through here all the time dreaming up a vacation in my mind!
Steffi
Oct 01, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Far more impressed by my friend's copy of Rick Steve's Guide to Italy.... this one just sort of fell flat and didn't help me much on my travels.
Linda
Dec 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finished the information on Rome, Florence, Italian Lakes, Italian Riveria, Pisa, Venice, Siena, Genoa, and Cinque Terra that we'll need for our trip. Good information on each.
Jenny