Start by marking “Unravel (Fairfax, #1)” as Want to Read:

Unravel

(Fairfax #1)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  10,540 ratings  ·  1,830 reviews

One month ago, I was admitted into a psych ward.

Yesterday, Lachlan visited me. Kissed me. And told me that I’m starting to lose my mind.

Hours later, Max haunted my thoughts, reminding me I’m not crazy and that he needs my help.

A few minutes ago, I drifted further from reality, trying to unravel the past.

And now
Published February 15th 2014 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Unravel, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Kristen I just finished "We Were Liars," which reminded me a lot of this book in that there is a major psychological twist. Highly recommend it!

·  10,540 ratings  ·  1,830 reviews

Start your review of Unravel (Fairfax, #1)
Emily May

Oh, little crazy book, you were one HUGE unexpected surprise. I mean, surely the chances of enjoying two New Adult books in the space of just a couple of days is about 10 million to one? Two New Adult books that are insanely different, themes and worlds apart from one another, and yet both good? Impossible, one might think! But I was utterly mesmerised by this book that was part love story and part - and this is the bit that fascinated me - psychological thriller. Just before I get onto the good stuff, I feel
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Apr 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Stringing words together to form coherent sentences after reading this is almost impossible. I keep saying this, but I have to say it again. I lost my heart somewhere in this book and it hasn't been returned to me.

It stole it.
It owned it.
It broke it.
It unraveled it.
It moved it.

The last year I've been struggling with reading. Books have been boring me. I've stopped a ridiculous amount of them at 30% and just moved on. I've sucked at reviewing. It's gotten to the point it's pathe
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
DNF

I'm sorry.
I have been trying for three days to get through this book.
I went into it blind.
There's a lot of love for this book on GR and my interest was piqued.

I can read a dark book from time to time but this is not my preferred genre.
This had something in it that I seriously have an aversion to (view spoiler).
I'm not a fan of that and so I must DNF, which I RARELY do.

But I can't take another night of this!

DNF

I'm sorry.
I have been trying for three days to get through this book.
I went into it blind.
There's a lot of love for this book on GR and my interest was piqued.

I can read a dark book from time to time but this is not my preferred genre.
This had something in it that I seriously have an aversion to
(view spoiler).
I'm not a fan of that and so I must DNF, which I RARELY do.

But I can't take another night of this!

photo bunny-falls-asleep-at-desk_zpscf459b35.gif

That has been me, every single night.

I wouldn't say this is a bad book, it's just not my cuppa.
Please don't let my thoughts stop you from reading this book because there are plenty out there who really LOVED this one. :)

destini mia
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

“God offers to every mind its choice between truth and repose. Take which you please– you can never have both.”

Brilliant. This book... I'm still not sure what it's done to me. I was mesmerized by Unravel. I was consumed by the need to know what was going on and it was unputdownable!

“Most people believe the truth is a delicate little bird. They think it's harmless. But I know something they don't.”

____________________________________________

unputdownable!
Aestas Book Blog
Jan 19, 2014 rated it really liked it

*** SPOILER FREE REVIEW *** 4.5 stars

"…everyone thinks I’m insane. But, I know he’s real, and I know he needs me. Do you believe me?"

Wow -- my mind is spinning!!

Unravel hooked me right from the start, kept me guessing the whole way through, and both shocked and impressed me with the way all the intricately woven layers came together at the end.

I honestly feel like this is one of those books where the less you know about it, the more you'll enjoy it. Also, literally anything I say about the storyline wspinning!!
Unravel
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 CRAZY STARS

This book was even better the second time!! I devoured it!!

description

Wow what a crazy ride!!It will blow your mind!From the first chapter, I was hooked!!It had me confused and guessing all the way through the end!There where moments I thought I had figured out what happened and then I was like no it can't be this!This book is really unique!!It will captivate you!!

At the beginning I did
Christy
3.5 stars!

Unravel has one of the most gorgeous covers and an intriguing blurb. I've wanted to read this book for so long, but for some reason or another, I put it off. When I started reading, I was hooked. For some reason though, as the story went on, I got distracted. I'm not sure if it was the narration of the audiobook, or my mind set, but I never got fully invested in it. There were two big twists, and although one I guessed early one, one surprised me- although due to what I may have missed zoning out,
Jennifer Kyle
4.5 Stars

[image error]

This story brings a reader on a journey into Naomi Carradine’s mind. Naomi is a patient at FairFax Mental Institution for the past two months. She starts to open up to her new doctor and so her story begins...

”Listen closely. Hang onto every word. But most of all, please believe me.”

Naomi takes a reader through her past, while her new doctor tries to help her find out the truth without destroying her.

There is a great cast of characters, Lachlan, Max and Lana who all hold a piece to
~ Becs ~
 photo Unravelquotey_zps43fe3ecd.jpg

Wow! This was such an incredible read! Never have I been more entranced by a book when I really didn’t have a clear picture of what was actually going on. This is one of those books that’s really hard to review – there’s so much I want to say but, more than anything, I absolutely don’t want to spoil this one for anyone. The mysterious blurb really isn’t giving much away and I went into this blind, not knowing what to expect and I sincerely believe that is how to get the very most out of this boo
warhawke
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Genre: Psychological Thriller/Romantic Suspense
Type: Standalone Book 1 of Fairfax series
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

Naomi Carradine was a college student from a respectable family. While on summer break with her best friend Lana, a life-changing event led to her stay at Fairfax Mental Health Institute. Confused and alone, she was determined to find her way out back into her world with only one person who always had her back.

Genre: Psychological Thriller/Romantic Suspense
Type: Standalone Book 1 of Fairfax series
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

The human mind is such a fascinating thing and that’s why I’ve always been attracted to stories related to it. I’m happy that this book certainly met my needs.

I can dream. I can imagine and hope, but it will never change a thing.

I love taking the journey with Naomi through her ups and downs, and her confusion and revelation. I also love seeing her interaction with the people around her at the institution.

My opinion matters to him. And even as a kid it had mattered. That’s what makes Lachlan my safety net—I will always matter to him.

Lachlan was a highly likeable character. His unwavering support gave Naomi the strength to move on. I love seeing how their relationship evolved from the first time they met.

Lana and Max were another two closest people in her life. Both of them came into her circle at the right moment in her life. Each of them had individual strengths and weaknesses that helped her navigate through life.

Even though I managed to figure things out before the revelation it didn’t distract me from enjoying the overall story. However, I do wish I could feel more of her distress.

Unravel is a story of a woman’s struggle in unraveling the truth from the depth of her mind. It’s a good choice if you’re looking for something that touches the complexity of human minds.

Note:
The book is not dark but there were scenes that might be disturbing to some.

Books in the series:
Unravel (Fairfax, #1) by Calia Read Unhinge (Fairfax, #2) by Calia Read Untitled (Fairfax, #3) by Calia Read

For more reviews/reveals/giveaways visit:

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
***3 "WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED" STARS**

"Well, that's a whole other twist that baffled Dr. Ruthledge and the rest of the doctors."........AND ME!!!!

If your an avid Mindfuck/ Dark reader Unravel will most likely be fairly predictable.. I guessed the majority of the plot twist early on (as did most readers, so don't be too impressed by me). I was wrong about one thing ( Oh' well, I never said I was perfect).

"Well,
Nenia ⚜️ Author of Filthy Trash and Unhinged Psychos ⚜️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

I was watching a YouTube video recently about a psychiatrist talking about the portrayal of mental illness in films, and while talking about schizophrenia, he went on this side tangent about how he knew a couple patients who suffered from visual hallucinations and part of how they dealt with that was with their pets. If their cat or dog didn't react to the hallucination, then no matter how real it seemed, they knew it wasn't real.

I remembered that video while reading Calia Read's UNRA
Debra
Dec 22, 2012 rated it really liked it

★★★★ 4 stars!

"Just remember that even the purest of souls have darkness in them."

Okay, I'm not going to say much about the synopsis of the book. I think the blurb says it all and saying much more might spoil the story for those who haven't read this book yet. So, here it goes:

One month ago, I was admitted into a psych ward.

Hours later, Max haunted my thoughts, re
goes:
stars!
Nazanin
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

"F*ck the truth. It was the heart that was my worst enemy. It was the one that was going to cut me. Bleed me. It would be the one to kill me."

I’d like to thank my dear friend Karla to recommend this incredible book to me! So, thank you so much my friend! I really enjoyed it and I loved it. It was fantastic. The story was well-paced; all the characters were perfect. The story was so exciting. I suggest if you want to read this book, go through it blind and don’t read any reviews!
"F*ck
Brandi
Apr 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: emotional
4.5 Stars

"Tomorrow, I'll accept that in order to unravel my story, I'll be destroyed first."

Unravel was one of my most highly anticipated reads of 2014. Gorgeous cover, intriguing blub - I could not wait to get my hands on this book, and I wasn't disappointed. I did enjoy it.

I was riveted - Heart pounding, mind racing, stomachStars
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Feb 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
Contemporary-A-Thon challenge #3: read a dark contemporary - COMPLETE!

This just was NOT my taste. I predicted the ending pretty much immediately and I couldn’t connect to the story after that.
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
2.5 Disappointing Stars

I kinda felt this book was
 photo tumblr_lv88crPmYc1qdm61io1_500_zps3a941e3c.gif

Everyone else seems to love this and says it’s a mindfuck but I’m sorry I’m just not seeing it. It didn’t feel dark; it didn’t feel disturbing as compared to some other books I have read. I do understand that you were to be given only certain pieces of the story and everything started coming together in the end
Glass
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a weird book. I have no idea how to write this review and not spoil it for you, that is why this will be a mini review. Unravel is one of those stories that is best to pick up and read. Skip book summary and other people thoughts about it. That was just what I had done.

Actually, you can read a book summary. It won't tell you anything - perfect example how to write synopsis. I did have certain expectations, but this turned out to be so much more. If you want to read just another new
Penny
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
It's ok, but predictable.

After reading so many fantastic reviews about Unravel, I was expecting something great, yet, I found the book quite disappointing.

I do see what the book wants to accomplish, but it it didn’t do it for me.
I realized what was going on pretty much since right after the beginning. It was way too obvious, so the story turned out to be a bit long and tedios for me, there was nothing surprising or unexpected.

However, if you don’t figure out what is actually
Denisse
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: New Adult fans
Buddy-Read at the Emma's Tea Party. Crazy group, full of BR, we can't deal with all of them. But we kick ass too ;)

Read for the 2015 Reading Challenge: #34 A book with a love triangle. And for my 2015 Reading Resolutions: 3 New Adult (3/3) completed!

4.5 Color me surprised. I really liked Unravel. I was this close to accept that I was never going to like the NA genre, and it might be true, but, this book made me realize there are some pearls out there worth reading. Interesting, emotional and sexy with some brus
Claire Contreras
Sep 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I am more picky with books like this than I am with most subjects that I read. What subject is that, you ask? I cannot say, you'll have to read it and find out. Anyway, I'm picky for a reason, so when I got this one I thought I figured out what was happening pretty early on...and I did (for a reason). Even though I sort of knew what was happening, I loved it. That doesn't happen often. Normally, once I think I know where a story is going, I either get bored, or don't end up "loving it". I haven' ...more
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
description

Calia Read you evil little genius, you. You've messed with my emotions and I don't know how I feel about this.

I'm lying. I do know how I feel. I FREAKING LOVED THIS BOOK. I am still sitting here thinking about every detail even though I finished this yesterday. Still thinking about Naomi, and Lana, and Lachlan, and Max. And in my world, THAT is how you know you just read a fantastic book. When everything that happened plagues your thoughts and you just can't get it out of your head. When you keep repla
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
Here's my penance review because I feel bad - everybody seems to love this book, I wanted to join the club! Dammit!

I'm going to be blunt : I loved Lachlan, but although I wanted to learn more about him, I don't have in me to go on today. Sadly, there wasn't enough to hold my interest.

Why, you're asking?

I'm pretty sure I found out some parts of what really happened, and as a result, I'm fucking bored. Please tell me if I'm right : (view spoiler) ...more
Savina M.
How to write an Unravel: A Recipe

Ingredients:

1. Chapters-long flashbacks
The first thing you'll need to write Unravel Me is not the actual madness of the protagonist. No—you'll need loads of confusing flashbacks that doesn't at all connect with your present protagonist. Therefore, readers won't have a sense of time reading. Make sure it's as confusing as possible!

2. A heroine who's 25, but acts 16
Want your heroine to have loads of hot sex but also want her to connect with younger readers? No w
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
RE-READ

'I know I’m missing a piece of myself, and I don't know where it is.'

description

First of all, let me just say.... WOAH! I haven't stopped reading this all day and now I'm am totally WOAH-ing.

How much can a say about this one? Well not much at all, the whole book is a Mystery, so I’m keeping this short and not spoiling any of it for you. You need to read 'Unravel'.

'I can dream. I can imagine and hope, but it will never change a thing. And the most terrifying thing is that I know, I know there's more to the story. There's anoth'Unravel'.
RE-READ
Didi
4 STARS OR 8/10

WOW. This was crazy. Seriously crazy.

Unravel is one of those books that will probably haunt me for a long time. It was gutting and raw. It dealt with issues that we don't like hearing about. Because hearing about these things only reflects the basest, most hideous members of society, and knowing its hard to stop this is painful. I sound cryptic don't I?
Saying more would be an injustice to this book and to the content within. It's best to read this wit
Beatrix
My first thoughts: I knew it!
Second: Disappointed.

_____________________

The reason I am disappointed is because, somewhere along the way, I guessed what the mystery is, and when the big revelation came I was like: Njah.

I’m actually surprised with such high ratings this book has. It is by no means a bad book, but it’s not that good. I’ve read a few similar and better books in the past and I guess I was just not bewitched with this one as the rest.

(view spoiler) ...more
Melissa
Sep 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
“Most people believe the truth is a delicate little bird. They think it’s harmless.”

You know you’re reading a great book when you continuously ask yourself - what’s taken me so long to read this?! It’s confusing and frustrating, but the ending is so worth it.

Noami wakes up in a mental hospital and has no idea how she got there. Through a series of flashbacks, memories and even hallucinations, she starts to untangle the mess her life has become. Further confusing things are her feelings for t
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
What. the. fuck. :O
THAT BLURB!! o.O WOW

description

The cover is sooooooooo pretty!~

Four months ago, I was happy. I was simply Naomi Carradine.

Two months ago, I was admitted into a psych ward.

Yesterday, Lachlan Halstead visited me. Kissed me. And told me that I’m starting to lose my mind.

Hours later, Alexander Cole haunted my thoughts, reminding me I’m not crazy and that he needs my help.

A few minutes ago, I drifted further from reality, trying to unravel the past.

Andpretty!~
Four
Paula
Feb 22, 2014 rated it really liked it

What a fascinating, suspenseful, crazy book! It had me knots and made my head spin nearly the entire time. I do STRONGLY urge you not to skip to the last page or you’ll ruin the suspense and the buildup that leads to a shocking ending when the intricate storyline finally comes together.

In the beginning of the story we meet Naomi Carradine, our heroine, who has been involuntarily committed in a mental institution. We don’t know why she’s there or what happen to her. What we do learn is that her

• Foreplay (The Ivy Chronicles, #1)
  • The Star Thief (Star Thief Chronicles, #1)
  • Unteachable
  • Push (Push, #1)
  • Sins & Needles (The Artists Trilogy, #1)
  • Black Iris
  • Cam Girl
  • Bold Tricks (The Artists Trilogy, #3)
  • Summer Skin
  • Mud Vein
  • The Pawn (Coleridge Academy Elites, #1)
  • He Will be My Ruin
  • On Every Street (The Artists Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Corrupt (Devil's Night, #1)
  • Shooting Scars (The Artists Trilogy, #2)
  • Dirty Angels (Dirty Angels, #1)
  • PATIENCE (Passion Quartet, #2)
  • Dirty Promises (Dirty Angels, #3)
Calia Read lives in Texas with her husband and their five kids.

You can find her constantly on Facebook and Instagram:

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ailacread/

Fairfax (4 books)
  • Unhinge (Fairfax, #2)
  • Untitled (Fairfax, #3)
  • Unlock (Fairfax, #4)
“Just remember that even the purest of souls have darkness in them. It might be hard to spot. Perhaps they've perfected the art of covering it from the world. Or maybe it's hidden in a dark corner of their mind. But it's there. No one in this world is scar free.” 104 likes
“When a person is lucky enough to live inside a story, to live inside an imaginary world, the pains of this world disappear. For as long as the story goes on, reality no longer exists.” 70 likes