Start by marking “The Lady's Hand” as Want to Read:
The Lady's Hand

The Lady's Hand

(Women Ahead of Their Times #2)

UNLUCKY AT CARDS . . .
Cool-headed and ravishingly beautiful, Brandy O'Neill knew how to hold her own with the riverboat gamblers on The Pride of New Orleans. But she met her match in Rafe Morgan when she bet everything she had on three queens and discovered that the wealthy plantation owner had a far-from-gentlemanly notion of how she should make good on her wagers.

LUCKY I
Published December 1st 1996 by Leisure Books (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Lady's Hand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lady's Hand

Start your review of The Lady's Hand
Susan Qualls
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story.

It was a good story, if a little predictable. It was also well written and I liked the characters. The actions and language of the characters fit the time, so it was good by historical standards. So I highly recommend this book as an enjoyable read. SQ
Karla
Mar 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dead-tree
Through the haze of back pain, I remember this being a pleasant romance about poker. Fast and fun read.
Terryan
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this story, it kept me interested. It's about hate, then trust and opening up your heart to the joys of love. ...more
°мαggιє°  (っ⚈ᴥ⚈)っ™
Little to no plot.
Jackie Joy
Oh, dear

I find it difficult to take seriously any novel purporting to be historical which has a blatant disregard for historical accuracy. The characters seem to be contemporary in their manners and dress without any mention of a time travel device. The heroine's gowns are form-fitting? In the Antebellum South? The informality of social interactions is just as silly. This novel is just not worth it.
Jeene Hobbs
Aug 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pre-Civil War steamboat gambler romance

"We were playing cards, and he won not only the poker game, but my heart as well."

This novel originally published in 1996 was a great read. It is set in an era and local that I don't read very much. Brandy is spunky and self sufficient. Rage is damaged goods but handsome and considered desire able. Neither want to marry so marrying each other seems like a good idea.
Laura J.
very simple writing style

A fast, easy read where everyone believes in happily ever afters but has some flaws. The H acts like a cad and takes after his despicable mother for the first half of the book. The h and her mother through kindness and warmth win his affections; why he wins the h's affection is a bit harder to understand.
Cindy Woods
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exceptional

Very well written and presented. Although, I didnt like Rafe very well, and felt his action swarms and deceitful, it ended well. I rarely give five stars but felt this author wrote a fine romance novel that I'd highly recommend to other readers.
Mehrukh Nasim
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
2.5*
Diana Woodward
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lady luck

Great story and hard to put down. Beautiful love story of Love found, Love lost and then Love found. Friends made and lost with new friends that is more like a family.
Charlotte Allen
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So Good

I was picturing Rhett Butler in my mind as I read about Rafe and Brandy. It was such a good story.
Carmen Urquiaga
Sep 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice reading

A good love story, entertaining, cute and flamboyant. I enjoyed reading it. I recommend it to romantic readers both women or man
Lorka
Oct 17, 2015

• Hawk's Pledge
  • Hawk's Prize
  • Hawk's Passion
  • Moon Racer (Half Moon Ranch)
  • Tykota's Woman
  • Dark of the Moon (Half-Moon Ranch Book 4)
  • Renegade Moon (Half-Moon Ranch)
  • Ella: Escape West by Wagon Train
  • Wind Warrior
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
  • Secret Fires: The Agreement (Seadog Adventures)
  • Torn Between Worlds: Steamy Historical Western Romance
  • Sarah Mayfield
  • Marna
  • The Wild One (Secret Fires #1)
  • Charlotte
  • My Way to You (Creek Canyon, #1)
  • Everything Changes (Creek Canyon, #3)
After working as a department manager for Famous-Barr, and briefly as a clerk at a bookstore, Bobbi Smith gave up on career security and began writing. She sold her first book to Zebra in 1982. Since then, Bobbi has written over 40 books and several short stories. To date, there are more than five million of her novels in print. She has been awarded the prestigious Romantic Times Storyteller of th ...more

Women Ahead of Their Times (7 books)
  • Lady Deception