Start by marking “Tale of the Taconic Mountains” as Want to Read:

Tale of the Taconic Mountains

Everyone had an agenda and it just seemed like coincidence—and of little consequence—that they happened to end up in the small town of Cedar Falls nestled at the base of Bakers Mountain, deep in the ancient Taconic Mountain range. Completely involved, even obsessed, with their own pursuits, it was hardly surprising the visitors would be unaware of older agendas both within ...more
Published February 1st 2013 by Ebookit.com (first published March 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Tale of the Taconic Mountains, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tale of the Taconic Mountains

Start your review of Tale of the Taconic Mountains
D.J Kile
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Author: Mike Romeling

Book Length: 398 Pages

Cover: I love this cover it is a piece of graphic design art. the cool colors pop the owl that majestically is framing the title and the two women watching, which I guess are the Boudine Sisters are gazing from atop the mountains. The only thing I would have done differently is changing the font of the authors name so it pops more.

Summary: Everyone had an agenda and it just seemed like coincidence-and of little
Angie
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Synopsis: "Everyone had an agenda and it just seemed like coincidence—and of little consequence—that they happened to end up in the small town of Cedar Falls nestled at the base of Bakers Mountain, deep in the ancient Taconic Mountain range. Completely involved, even obsessed, with their own pursuits, it was hardly surprising the visitors would be unaware of older agendas both within the dying town and up in the forests and ridges of the mountain looming above.

There was the discontented novelist
Richard Sutton
Jun 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Thoughtful, Evocative Man's Read!

It's much too infrequently that a novel set in the Northeast crosses my desk. Especially when that novel's setting is the very mountains my entire family learned to camp and ski and hike in! So armed with more than 40 years of experience in the exact locations Mike Romeling has chosen to portray in his engaging novel, I jumped right in. It wasn't disappointing in any way, and as a male reader, I found it particularly satisfying.

Not just because it contains what
Gaele
Jun 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
AudioBook Review:
Stars: Overall: 4 Narration: 4 Story: 4

This is out of my comfort zone genre wise, being far more menacing and dark than titles I normally review. It started out without great menace, with the darker tones coming as experiences with the occult began to occur. That being said, I was captivated with the story: could visualize the environment and the flora and fauna, and found myself immersed in the mountains that are so beautiful and can be so menacing.

At times feeling like a
Ryan Kerr
Jul 22, 2016
Chelsea
Jan 31, 2013
Mike is a freelance writer and singer-songwriter from upstate New York. His first novel “Tale of the Taconic Mountains” was released in 2012. He livesand often rambles throughthe very mountains where the novel is placed. But since writing it, he takes care to return home before scary darkness falls. ...more