Start by marking “The Mystery of Case D. Luc” as Want to Read:
The Mystery of Case D. Luc

The Mystery of Case D. Luc (Cul-de-sac Kids #6)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  92 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Dunkum's new basketball has been signed by his hero, David Robinson. Now Dunkum spends all his time playing with the ball. He's much too busy for his Cul-de-sac friends.When the ball disappears, Dunkum finds a secret code. Someone with a weird name has stolen the basketball! And he's leaving messages everywhere! Who is the mysterious Case D. Luc? And will the codes lead Du ...more
ebook
Published August 1st 1995 by Bethany House Publishers (first published July 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery of Case D. Luc, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mystery of Case D. Luc

Joy Gerbode
Really cute "mystery" (really a practical joke, so nothing at all scary for kids) teaching the lessons of what is most important in life. Fun to read, great for the kids.
Mandy J. Hoffman
Sep 03, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books, fiction, i-own
Dunkum learns a lesson on friendship when his basketball gets stolen. I liked how Beverly Lewis easily explained through the Cul-De-Sac kids how people are more important that things and favored toys. My 4 & 6 year old daughters enjoyed listening to me read the story out loud and my 2 year old son actually sat as I read through the whole book in one sitting. (It took about 45 minutes.)

This is another short read for a beginning reader, or a "longer" story to be read aloud to young ears. The f
Mary-Jane
Jan 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Dunkum spends more time with his new basketball than with his cul-de-sac friends, they try to teach his a lesson. His basketball mysteriously goes missing, and he has to solve several codes. He comes to realize that having friends and spending time with them is more important than playing basketball.
Kristine Hansen
I wanted to like this book. I really did.

All I can say at last is this: If the main character is really that dumb, then maybe he deserved to lose his basketball. I felt like I just got hit over the head with a Bible lesson.

This just wasn't real enjoyable to read. Even with the codes to solve. Thankfully some of the other books in this series are better.
Mary
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Case D. Luc is Cul De Sac backwards!
Barb G
Oct 08, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: andrew
This was a good book. A fun "mystery" for kids to read. I liked this the most of any of the Cul de Sac kids books we have read so far.
Lexi
Apr 05, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved these books when I was younger (way). They're Christian based so that makes it perfect!!!
Bailie Dryden
Jun 13, 2017
Kaylee
Jan 14, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Beverly Lewis, raised in Pennsylvania Amish country and both a schoolteacher and an accomplished musician, has been an award-winning author for over a dozen years. Her acclaimed novel, The Preacher's Daughter, was a 2006 Quill Book Award finalist in the romance category. Her books have appeared on numerous best
More about Beverly Lewis...

Cul-de-sac Kids (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • The Double Dabble Surprise (Cul-de-sac Kids, #1)
  • The Chicken Pox Panic (Cul-de-sac Kids, #2)
  • The Crazy Christmas Angel Mystery (Cul-de-sac Kids, #3)
  • No Grown-ups Allowed (Cul-de-sac Kids, #4)
  • Frog Power (Cul-de-sac Kids, #5)
  • The Stinky Sneakers Mystery (Cul-de-sac Kids, #7)
  • Pickle Pizza (Cul-de-sac Kids, #8)
  • Mailbox Mania (Cul-de-sac Kids, #9)
  • The Mudhole Mystery (Cul-de-sac Kids, #10)
  • Fiddlesticks (Cul-de-sac Kids, #11)