Start by marking “Resisting Her” as Want to Read:
Resisting Her

Resisting Her

She's too young. Too vulnerable.

I'm too rough. Too fu*ked up.

I will ruin her.

But you and I both know that won't stop me.

Resisting her is harder than I ever imagined. My name is Cole, and this is my story of trying to do the right thing, and failing. Don't judge me too harshly until you've read the final page.

Forbidden erotic romance. Read at your own risk. Full length stan
Published April 15th 2013 by Kendall Ryan

To ask other readers questions about Resisting Her, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
RCK *don’t be all, like, uncool* Edited: I just realized your question is 10 months old LOL you probably don’t even remember this post. My fault! Stay safe :)

Because we all have diff…more

Because we all have different likes and dislikes. How boring would it be if we all liked or rated books the same. My question is: why bother reading/rating/ranting about this? For the love of God!
(less)

Start your review of Resisting Her
Kendall Ryan
Dec 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Due May-2013, Resisting Her, a new cult/FBI erotic romance!! :) Can't wait to share it with you. ...more
Christy
Dec 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 Stars

photo f27a9586-bd4a-45e7-8012-11f04983d9db_zps5f371455.jpg
Never get emotionally involved in a case. It was a mind fuck waiting to happen.
Cole Fletcher is a twenty seven year old FBI agent. After working for months to bring down a cult leader at a compound, he is helping with the raid, getting the women and children out. This is where Cole first sees Savannah. Savannah is nineteen and looks terrified. For some reason, she instantly trusts Cole. He gets her out of the compound and into a safe house.

photo 27115c1a-90f8-40ae-8b87-2f44d6c78421_zps9f70725c.jpg

Cole is taking a mandatory vacat
"That's All" Ash
Apr 08, 2013 rated it did not like it
*** Fans of this book, AVERT your eyes. ***

[image error]

I don’t like to rant on my reviews. I really *really* don’t.

But here’s the thing:

Just because there’s a story in your head and you can do some clever things with a pencil… doesn’t mean you’re a writer.

That being said…

The story:

The characters:

The writing:

photo bridesmaids.gif

Overall:

[image error]

Any questions?

Reader
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
DIDN'T DO IT FOR ME

THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW......
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FBI agent Cole is part of a raid on a cult, the leader is suspected of persuading his followers to commit suicide. Searching the premises Cole finds a beautiful young woman crouched in a corner. She seems terrified. Cole picks her up and takes her out, she seems to instinctively trust
Miriam
Two days. Two fucking days that I wasted on this novel. Two days gone when I could have spent my time reading other good books. Resisting Her was rampant with outdated ideas and- and- and it doesn't even make sense!!! The story dragged on for too long. The pacing was horribly plotted.

I wanted to bash all of the character's heads through a wall. A really big wall. Preferably a wall that can fight back and punch some common sense into them. A quote featuring Butch from the Black Dagger Brother
AvidReader
Oct 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
mad4rombks
Sep 25, 2015 rated it did not like it
A big fat DNF.

Hero is 27. Heroine is 19. He's an FBI agent who saves her from a cult-like compound. Since she's 19, she's too old to go into the system so he tracks her down and takes her home with him. She's all clingy. Can't seem to not touch him all the time and the only time she can sleep well is when she's in bed with him. Which I find bizarre since she was raised to not trust any guys because all they want is to get in her pants. He keeps his hands off her. Accepts a blind date his sister
Vintage
Boring. No chemistry. I can't even remember the H or the h's names, and I just finished it.

Plot: H is a federal something or other that rescues the h as in carries the herout of the compound she's been raised in. Yep, that's the rescue scenario: he carries her. He is drawn to her skinny, downtrodden ethereal beauty plus he has a serious hero complex.

He takes her home where she cooks a lot; he gets her a dog, and his sister finds out about the h. In need of comfort, she has taken to sleeping with
Sali
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wow !!!! Kendall has really branched out with this book !!!!
With every book she writes she impresses me more !
The way she develops her characters is brilliant ......but if I'm going to be honest the thing I LUV the most about her writing is HER PANTIE DROPPING , SIZZLING HOT intimate sex scenes !!!! She can turn A simple touch into a 1-handed-reading moment !!!! U don't just read her sex scenes , u EXPERIENCE THEM !

Full review to come on release
Kiki
I have a very sensitive stomach. So as I vehemently threw up during that scene I have no energy to write a review;

Let me just add a little tidbit here. Heroine was sleeping literally on him every night due to her PTSD, so how did he not think of her walking into his room even for sleep when he decided to bring the OW home?
Loz
This is not really a review, more of a note to myself should I ever wonder why I didn't like this.

Cole. FBI hottie who's married to the job. The job that sees him busting a cult and rescuing the innocent Savannah.

At least that's what you'd expect right? But for someone who'd basically only ever known life in a cult, she was surprisingly knowledgeable with things such as dodgy areas of town. Oh, that's because she was the only one allowed out of the compound to get her studdies. Convenient.

Col
Kayla
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
More reviews at: www.mybookmuse.com

resist

**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

Resisting Her had everything I look for in an erotic novel.

Sexy Hero
Loveable Heroine
Sensual and arousing sex scenes
Provocative storyline

I always get scared when I start an erotic novel. Mainly because as much as I love dirty scenes I need MORE. I need storyline. I need realistic love and attachments that are formed outside of the bedroom. And I need characters that I want to root for.

Resisting H
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
I love books by this author however this book was a huge disappointment for me. I can't pin point what I didn't like it just missed the pizzaz other books like Make Me Yours had. With this being said I will still continue to any Kendall Ryan book as I think she is a brilliant author. Can't say I would recommend this one however if you are wanting an exceptional book by this author read Make Me Yours. It is an incredible read. ...more
Brandie
Dec 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2013
There are authors who rarely disappoint, and Kendall Ryan is that author for me. I haven't read a book of hers that I haven't enjoyed and this one was no exception. I was completely captivated by the first page and devoured the book in a day.

What I look for in a book is a sexy and strong hero, a likable heroine, awesome chemistry, and enough suspense to keep me from wanting to put it down. This book has all of that. It starts out with Cole, a 26-year-old FBI agent, who's raiding a compound where
Swoon Worthy
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 Sexy, Alpha-Hotness, Man in Uniform, Can I hold your “Gun” Stars!!!!!

Freeze!!!!!! Put your hands up…….. And give a round of applause to Miss Kendall Ryan for making another amazing, sexy book with an incredible Alpha-Man Candy.

Colby “Cole” Fletcher was the man in uniform, and boy when I picture him in my head I see him, muscles tight straining against his business button up shirt. I really just want to bust open the front of his shirt and listen for the buttons to hit the floor and admire hi
Michelle
Jan 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 01-signed
What do you do when you finish a Kendall Ryan book and can’t figure out what to read next? Pick up another KR book. I had just finished Bait & Switch and was not ready to say goodbye and so I found the next best thing. Resisting Her, sitting so pretty on my Kindle – just waiting to be read.

Cole meets Savannah in the most unlikely of situations.

During a raid.
In a cult compound.
The FBI agent didn’t expect that the woman he carried out of that building would haunt his dreams nor did he imagine t
Nic
Dec 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I am always crushing on Kendall Ryan reads and Resisting Her is no exception, another absolutely riveting novel that I could not resist!!! Within the first few sentences I knew that I was hooked because it left me wanting so much more of the story, I needed to know what happened next. I felt as thought I had just read a cliffhanger first, and was about to read the continuation. Completely hooked on this fabulous novel!! Thank you Kendall Ryan for giving us another sexy hot read ;-)

Cole and Savan
Candice
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
For some reason, this just didn't work for me :(

I thought it was an excellent concept, but I was kind of wanting more.

(view spoiler)
~♡AB♡~
Apr 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nice easy read, really enjoyed it.
Rejane
Jun 09, 2019 rated it did not like it
It was a really EWWW moment and lots of 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
Brenda
Aug 29, 2014 rated it did not like it
WTF I was reading this like

where is the interesting story?
where is the hot guy?
where is the intelligent girl?
WHERE IS LOVE?

Seriously, it was as if someone told me how they couldn't help falling in love, so boring, I didn't feel anything.

waste of time
Maggie
May 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I didn't want it to end! It played like a movie in my head. I thought there would be more with the "threat" and Cole's "secret" was very predicable. It wasn't perfect but somehow it worked for me.

5 stars for Cole and Savannah! : )
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Nice easy reading, no rocket scientist thinking to be had during this book, enjoyed it..
WhiskeyintheJar
Mar 18, 2015 rated it did not like it
I tried but this book just isn't for me.
She's small, vulnerable, childlike, and likes to cook. She grew up in a cult so was very sheltered, I get it, big bad world out there and all.
He meet her when he was raiding her commune and INSTANTLY had a boner for her. Then precedes to have a very daddy relationship with her.
I'm not big on insta-lust trying to be masked as love and I don't like pwoor wittle me characters that don't grow; plus there is just nothing happening.
I loathe not finishing a boo
Melanie♥
2.5 stars.

I had some serious problems with this one. Cole's dark secret and the obstacle to his relationship with Savannah was rather lame. Savannah's reaction to the girl Cole brought to the apartment was bizarre. The suspense element (Dillon) was resolved in a paragraph....quite disappointing that all the build up led nowhere.
I started this as an audiobook, but it was moving too slow so I read the last half instead.
Lot of potential, but missed the mark for me.
Rashida
Apr 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
I really wanted to like this book a lot more than I did. It had a hunky FBI agent, a damsel in distress and all the other makings of a wonderful story. But it the end it was just okay.

Cole was exactly what I expected and Savannah was not annoyingly needed and her being naïve to some issues was understandable but I wanted a little more DRAMA,. The Dillon story line was anti-climatic as well as the storyline surrounding Abbi.

The book wasn't bad it just wasn't exciting!!!
Floe (TheRandomFlo)
MAY 2013, WHERE ARE YOU? (shouty capitals)
Love N. Books
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided in exchange for honest review.... COMING SOON
Lorelei James & O...: Resisting Her BR 37 17 Jul 15, 2015 05:48AM

• Lane (Made From Stone #1)
  • Delayed Gratification (Always Satisfied #2.5)
  • Daddy Crush
  • The Second Chance Plan (Caught Up In Love, #3)
  • My Sinful Longing (Sinful Men #3)
  • Him
  • Forbidden Nights (Joy Delivered, #2; Seductive Nights #5)
  • Once Upon A Red Hot Kiss (Heartbreakers #1.5)
  • Consumed by You (Fighting Fire #3)
  • The Decadent Gift (The Gift #3)
  • The What If Guy (The Guys Who Got Away, #2)
  • Melt for Him (Fighting Fire, #2)
  • Thanks For Last Night (The Guys Who Got Away, #3)
  • The Anti-Boyfriend
  • Burn for Me (Fighting Fire, #1)
  • Thrust
  • Out of Bounds
  • The Pretending Plot (Caught Up in Love, #1)
A New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author of more than two dozen titles, Kendall Ryan has sold over 3 million books and her books have been translated into several languages in countries around the world. Her books have also appeared on the New York Times and USA Today bestseller lists more than three dozen times. Ryan has been featured in such publications as USA Tod ...more