Start by marking “What a Sista Should Do” as Want to Read:
What a Sista Should Do

What a Sista Should Do

A powerful and spiritually satisfying novel from a compelling new voice about three courageous women who must confront the harsh realities of their lives through faith and prayer. Pam Lyons has a husband who places more trust in money and marijuana than in God. Yvonne Hastings is a minister's wife whose husband's infidelity and physical abuse brings their marriage to a cro ...more
Published June 3rd 2005 by Walk Worthy Press

To ask other readers questions about What a Sista Should Do, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What a Sista Should Do

Tuni'
Jan 06, 2014 rated it liked it
I found this to be a very easy read and the story line was entertaining enough to keep me interested. The improper grammar usage was very disappointing and at times seemed very out of place. I was also very disappointed in the ending. It left a lot to be desired, especially when it came to Taylor.
Lizette
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first Tiffany L Warren novel. I loved it! In fact, I read it in two days. I loved how the three women finally came together with their love of Christ and respect and obedience of his Word. I've already purchased

four books to keep me going. I'm glad I took the time to add Tiffany Warren to my list of favorite authors.
Keesha
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good story! We may make this a book club selection. It is great to see how women can band together and help one another, even through difficult times. I love how the lives of the women were interwined together. Tiffany L. Warren is a new favorite of mine. I will be reading more of her!
Dawn Guillory
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this author. Tiffany knows how to craft Christian fiction with the right amount of Christian and spice. I love how she incorporates messages to her readers. I was encouraged by a message in this book.
Sheila
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
God is

Wow what a emotional rollercoaster. I types of situations we can experience as women are addressed here. Women are considered the weeker vessel but in God we are strong. A mind that praises God can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. Such an inspiration.
Kell
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Hustle and Flow

This book was too familiar of other stories and tv shows that's been seen and read before.
Unnecessary too long.
Monique
Apr 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Prayer changes everything and that is exactly what Pam, Yvonne, and Taylor find out. Pam is a devoted wife and mother who loves the Lord. Yvonne is a preacher's wife who is on fire for the Lord and wants to be an example for the young ladies in the church. Taylor is a single mother struggling to make ends meet and who won't reveal the father of her child. Their lives have nothing in common except that they worship at the same church and attend the same sista prayer circle.

Pam is the catalyst tha
Desiree Watson
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Pam, Taylor and Yvonne don't start out as the best of friends, but when it's all over, that's exactly what they will be. They will come to find that though things didn't start out in the best way, God has a way of fixing things. Pam has a husband who doesn't want to grow up, and is driving her crazy trying to break into the music industry. Though she has asked him time and time again, he refuses to come to church with her. It will take an accident and a near-death experience for him to realize h ...more
Natasha
Oct 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All I can say is that is some strong prayer, faith and love going on to not only forgive but befriend someone who has betrayed you on such a deep level. I can't imagine... This book was written very well. I even felt a little bad for Luke when he needed his wife to speak on his behalf even though he did not deserve it. I didn't expect the turn of events to happen as they did in Taylor's life but it seemed to be in her best interest. Pam did not give up hope on her husband and stayed prayerful th ...more
Arlisia
Apr 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love Tiffany L. Warren. She always points you back to your faith and reminds you that there is more to a story than meets the eye. That's exactly what she did in this book. Can you imagine that your husband has an affair, and has a baby as a result of that affair, and you become friends with his mistress and now mother of his child? Yeah I can't either. But it's not an unimaginable as it sounds. The three characters in this book are all dealing with something that anyone of us can relate to. T ...more
Joy
Apr 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What is it like to forgive the former mistress of your husband? What if said husband thinks he doesn't really have anything to apologize for since he is a "man"? What if you've been married to a man so long by his rules that you lose yourself? These questions I pondered as I read this book. Though it didn't end in the way carnal flesh would have it, forgiveness is definitely the key to this read.
Shae
Apr 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sisters Taylor, Pam, and Yvonne were interesting ladies that had their shares or trials and tribulations in their life and with each other. Where do you rate your faith? This books pushes Christians to be real with themselves and others. I have a favorite character but I will not say who because I do not want to spoil the book. There is one church lady that who fits the saved and sanctified stereotype. She could not be a part of the street ministry team. Let the church say amen.
Denise
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it
3 "sistas" joined together by their church, coming from different lifestyles, each having to keep faith as they face life challenges. All three women have a strong faith bond and together they show how praying for themselves and their friends keeps their spirits alive and also shows what forgiveness is all about. It was easy to read and entertaining to keep interest throughout the book.
Theresa Thomas
Jul 30, 2015 rated it liked it
not my typical read, but if I had to give an opinion. oftentimes our adult mask really can obstruct our relationships. As mentioned, we come open to God's guidance with a childlike approach, believing God for our expectations to come to pass, yet appreciate and enjoying the journey along the way...there's always a blessing in the the mist of a storm. If you look for it!!
Michelle
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Church people can be some of the most critical people. This book taught me to not be so judgmental and how to build a better relationship with God. Can't wait to read the next installment.
Khrissaundra Knox
Jan 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It was a interesting read. It really made me think hard about my marriage and my relationship with God. The situations in this book are real life situations and some of the subjects hit close to home.
Tamara Thomas
This is one of the best Christian fiction books I have read since the Left Behind series! I found this book when I was looking for something else. I read it in about 3 hours, it's that good! It has a Word for almost any situation, and I really like the fact that the sinner's prayer is included!
Verlisha
Jul 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome. I can relate to Yvonne in some respect. I love the discussion questions at the end and the fact that they include bible verses. I am going to search for more books by this author.
Donna
This was OK...pretty predictable. Loves the spirituality of the women.
Kanisha Jones
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I love how Tiffany L Warren is able to take real life situations of Christian woman and show the true work of God and faith!
Yolanda Gore
Aug 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is another great book by Tiffany
Civil
May 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am reading the book now and can't put it down. The characters are like my family members. And I love that the author gives discussion questions and scripture at the end!
Diane
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read!
Shayla
Apr 16, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good read. I enjoyed the characters and the story line. I am interested in some of Tiffany's other books.
Mrs. Queen
Nov 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Great book!
Karen
Sep 23, 2008 rated it it was ok
A nice read
Nedra Haymon
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Excellent! Always strong messages in her stories!
Yvonneellis
well really enjoyed this book.these three friends stuck together in faith in god's word.
Charron Walker
  • Joy
  • A Good Man Is Hard to Find
  • The Ideal Wife
  • Promises Beyond Jordan
  • Trying to Stay Saved (New Day Divas, 4)
  • Deception
  • Church Folk
  • All Up in My Business
  • Boaz Brown (Boaz Brown, #1)
Tiffany L. Warren, is an author, playwright, songwriter, mother and wife. Her debut novel What a Sista Should Do, was released in June of 2005 and has ministered to over 50,000 readers. Her second book, Farther than I Meant to Go, Longer than I Meant to Stay was a national bestseller. In 2006, Tiffany and her husband, Brent, founded Warren Productions and released their first gospel musical. What ...more