Start by marking “Successful Adoption: A Guide for Christian Families” as Want to Read:
Successful Adoption: A Guide for Christian Families

Successful Adoption: A Guide for Christian Families

Successful Adoption brings a practical and spiritual view of adoption.  Topics include: types of adoption, where to begin, necessary paperwork, finances required - and how to raise them, listing of reputable adoption agencies, building strong bonds with an adopted child, when and how to tell a child she is adopted. The long-term affects of adoption, God's blessing through ...more
Published July 30th 2006 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Successful Adoption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Successful Adoption

Susanna
Jan 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adoption
I thought this was an excellent book - informative, practical, realistic, well-written, personal. I'm glad the library was willing to purchase it so we could read it!
Rachel Fortin
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved the way this book was organized and all the personal stories that were included. A great read for anyone considering adoption now or in the future 👍🏻
Ann Davis
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is filled with detailed information about adopting a child. The author adopted a child herself, and she used her experience in this book. The author also used examples from several parents/families who also adopted. The author lists several resources for going through the process and how to afford it. I feel that I have gained a lot of knowledge between domestic and international adoption and what steps have to be taken for either type. I would recommend this book to anyone who is thin ...more
Polly
Aug 05, 2011 rated it liked it
For a "nuts and bolts" book about adoption, this book should have an index for searching topics. The book is well organized, but the same topics appear in various locations and it would be easier to use as a reference.

I would recommend this as a starter book for people considering adoption. Once you've made up your mind to adopt, I'd hope you would already know a lot of what is in this book.
Maria Connor
Dec 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book is a good balance between the biblical call to care for orphans and the practical aspects of domestic and international adoption. It is really helpful for those who are considering adoption, as well as those who want to learn more about this topic. I haven't finished the book, but the final section is about adoption as a ministry -- ways you can help financially and through service.
Shannon
Mar 30, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: adoption
Lots of good info and heartwarming stories, but I did have a few quibbles.

Africa is repeatedly referred to as a "country" throughout this book.

I did not appreciate the predominate attitude that the "perfect" child is out there, somewhere.
Mel
Jul 11, 2012 rated it liked it
This book was published in the U.S.A. so it talks about their systems and rules and agencies as opposed to those in Canada. It also largely talks about international adoption and much less about domestic adoption.
It was helpful though and I liked it's perspective.
Rachel Fontenot Studio
Oct 29, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: family
Fantastic book for anyone looking into adoption or getting ready to adopt. All the info you need to know.
Sara
Feb 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
Phil and I have been given the spark of beginning an Adoption ministry one day. I'm looking to read this book and become educated on the realm of Adoption to better serve those seeking to adopt.
Ashley Newberg
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was very helpful as we were just learning about the whole adoption process.
Hillary
May 08, 2012
Laurie Bradley
Jan 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
“Every November on National Adoption Day, courts set aside time to finalize adoptions from foster care that might otherwise be delayed for months, and communities celebrate adoption with retreats, proclamations, and other events. National Adoption Day was started in 2000 and has grown each year. In 2004, courts and community organizations finalized the adoptions of more than 3,400 children from foster care as part of 200 National Adoption Day events in 37 states.” 4 likes