Start by marking “Guy Ritchie's Gamekeeper: Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Guy Ritchie's Gamekeeper: Volume 1

Guy Ritchie's Gamekeeper: Volume 1

(Gamekeeper #1)

Patience is the virtue of the gamekeeper. Waiting for the right moment to strike anything that threatens the balance between man and nature. He is nature's remedy to man's disease. Brock lives a quiet existence as Gamekeeper on a secluded Scottish estate, until paramilitary mercenaries storm the estate and kill Jonah Morgan - the owner and Brock's friend. Now, Brock faces ...more
Published October 29th 2007 by Liquid Comics (first published October 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Guy Ritchie's Gamekeeper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guy Ritchie's Gamekeeper

Start your review of Guy Ritchie's Gamekeeper: Volume 1
Nicolo
Aug 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: collected-comics
A grim and gritty tale of revenge. It reads like a movie, it can easily translate itself into a movie. In all intents and purposes, it serves a pitch and story board since director Guy Ritchie developed the concept. Andy Diggle adapted it Mukesh Singh provided the art.

It was an easy read, as one can be amazed as how the main character makes killing so easy and effortless. He is a force of nature, killing game and humans without prejudice.
Nick Cox
Sep 08, 2011 rated it it was ok
It's not that I don't like action movies in theory, it's just that so many of them are dire in practice. Gamekeeper employs so many cliches and stolen ideas that it comes off as a ripoff of most of the worst examples of the genre. It isn't even recognisable as the work of Guy Ritchie, lacking the humour and puzzle-box plots of Lock Stock or Snatch. It's just a straightforward man-who's-lost-everything-goes-looking-for-revenge story.

In the introduction, Ritchie says he'd like to film it, which I
Cale
I will say one thing for this book - the color work is gorgeous. The sunrise on the first page is beautiful, and the color work throughout is very impressive. The story is less impressive - the book is a movie plot in comic form (Guy Ritchie details this in the foreword), of a fairly straightforward action movie. Nothing flashy, nothing complicated. Some decent action beats, but ultimately nothing memorable, beyond the coloring. A game keeper with a dark past gets pulled back into action after r ...more
B.C.
May 20, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This story should have been much better than it was. The dialogue was terrible. There was so much unnecessary swearing. And you know it was unnecessary because no one uses the "C" word unless you are trying to just shock people (my opinion, I'm told thats a west coast thing).

The plot jumped around and had not actual connections. The flashbacks were done well, but the current story didn't tie them together well enough.

The ending didn't end with killing the main bad guy. It ended about 2/3 of the
Laura Lewis
Sep 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Picked this up on a whim during my first visit to the local comicbook store, more based on the vivid colors of the panels than anything.

The art is well-done, helping the action to flow well. There was a little bit of confusion in transitions here and there, but nothing major. Most of it felt very natural. The storyline was quite intriguing, and I found it harder and harder to put down as I read more. It got a bit heavier in the exposition than it needed to in some parts, but nothing too bad.

3.5/
Tyson Adams
Mar 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Update: reread this series and enjoyed it more the second time. Andy Diggle wove in some great stuff. Raised my rating to a 4.

3.5 stars. The first volume has some fantastic artwork and layout. Makes the entire story flow effortlessly whilst creating more for the story.

Sorry. The design nerd in me. I swear you do one newsletter template and all of a sudden.......
Arjun Rajkumar
Nov 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Just randomly picked this up from my local library as I like trying different genres of graphic novels. While the art work was really good and the story average it was ok and not great or gripping.. I could finish the book but I wouldn't be searching around for a sequel .
Bradley
Jan 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: year-2012
This is Guy Ritchie's break into the graphic novel format and it reads like an action film. He wants to make a film of the comic and my highest praise would be that I would want to go see it. It's not an original story but there's so few original stories these days.
Clay
Sep 13, 2009 rated it liked it
Decent story. Art was meh. Would love to see it as a film by Richie.
Chrissy
Feb 24, 2015
J.E. Röst
Oct 15, 2019
Booker
rated it did not like it
Sep 11, 2016

• Dark Engine Volume 1: The Art of Destruction
  • Seven to Eternity, Vol. 1: The God of Whispers
  • Winnebago Graveyard
  • Night Mary
  • Moonstruck, Vol. 1: Magic to Brew (Moonstruck #1)
  • Birthright, Vol. 1: Homecoming
  • The Family Trade, Vol. 1
  • Coyotes, Vol. 1
  • Skyward, Vol. 1: My Low-G Life
  • Bingo Love
  • Exorsisters, Vol. 1
  • Colder, Vol. 1
  • Moonstruck, Vol. 2: Some Enchanted Evening (Moonstruck #2)
  • Husbands
  • Colder, Vol. 2: The Bad Seed
Guy Stuart Ritchie is an English screenwriter and film director.

Gamekeeper (2 books)