Start by marking “Lock & Load (Ryan Lock, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Lock & Load (Ryan Lock, #4.5)

Lock & Load

(Ryan Lock & Ty Johnson #4.5)

A short story featuring private security specialist, Ryan Lock.
Fresh from a stint undercover in Pelican Bay Supermax prison in Northern California, Ryan Lock, and his business partner, former US Marine Ty Johnson, are in Los Angeles, tasked with protecting a young Hollywood actress from an abusive movie star boyfriend who refuses to accept that their relationship is
Published December 16th 2012 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published December 9th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Lock & Load, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lock & Load

Start your review of Lock & Load (Ryan Lock, #4.5)
Jim A
Oct 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Quick read. Listed at 70 pages, but it reads like is less than that. Ryan Lock fans might be interested, but those who are not familiar with the character might want to try one of the full length novels first.

Lock Down is the first of the series.

Gail Mchugh
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love the story but extremely disappointed with Goodreads. This book should be 3.5 not 4.5 in the series. I will admit I have a bit of OCD. But we went backward in the timeline about this one.
Steve
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What's not like Lock is great ty is funny short but smart great read.
Best Crime Books & More
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
People who have read my previous reviews will know that I have a bit of a character crush with Ryan Lock the man featured in the series of books written by Sean Black. I discovered his books from the first release and have not been let down once since then. His series of books featuring Ryan Lock and his partner Ty are absolutely brilliant. Sean Black has managed to integrate himself with the other major Crime players out there such as Coben, Lee Child etc. When I realised that he had released a ...more
Michael Jones
Jan 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When I received this short novel in the mail I thought this is going to be an empty attempt to fill a gap in a series. A series I had not previously read. However, I started reading and found that it was more or less a stand alone volume.

Sean Black immediately draws you into Lock and Ty's world. The little bit of back story worked nicely to bring in new readers, such as myself, and gave just enough character build to hold readers. The main plot of the story being the need to protect a starlet
Sean Randall
Dec 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Divided as to whether or not I'd read a full length novel about these guys. A short story was a great way to get into them, though.

Disclosure: I won this book as the result of an astounding giveaway by Graham Storrs publisher, because of my review of his then newly-published novel True Path. True Path is a sequel, but please check out the rest of my reviews of Graham's books and other works published by Momentum, his publisher.
Keith Nixon
Feb 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable book. Ryan Lock is bodyguard to Hollywood actress Summer Clements. Her just ex boyfriend and actor Jason Durham has attacked her. He threatens to make her life difficult unless she takes him back. Lock is employed to get rid of Jason.

This novella was a fast read, I went through it I one sitting. It's a decent page turned and a good introduction to Lock. I'll be looking out for more by Black.
James Groenestein
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, action
I think I've just found another favourite author!!

This short book is a great read.

The author has created great characters, a brilliant plot that explores abusive relationships, and mixed it all up with Hollywood.

What's great about this piece, is that it's a stand alone book but can be integrated in to the surrounding series too.

Will definitely be checking out the rest of the series!!
Neil
Dec 18, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a short story this was rather predictable, and provided no surprises. It does serve as a taster to this writer's style, and to full length books in the series. Due to the length of the read I couldn't really get any affinity with any of the characters. I am undecided as to whether to seek out any of the other books from the series.
Christine bonner
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
this is a quick read about Ryan Lock

he and ty have to look after a movie star who is having trouble with a ex

it all fun and games but there is a twist to it as you will find out

i love reading Sean Blacks books an this is a book that i am sure you will all like
Hayden Skilling
Sep 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
I love the concept of having Ryan Lock short stories but this first one fell a little flat for me. It may just have been that it being a short story led to greater predictability relative to Black's other books. Still a good read nonetheless.
Michelle Douglas
May 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is not the first book in the series but as it is such a short book I don't think it mattered that I had not read any of the others. It was a decent story about the work of Ty and Lock doing their job to protect a young Hollywood actress
Sarah Wilson
Dec 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
Eh. Wasn't my kind of book. But it's just a short story, maybe the full novels are better.
Clare
Feb 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this short story, it was enough to hold me until the next book comes out.
Vicki - I Love Reading
Oct 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2013
quick easy enjoyable read.
Nick
Oct 23, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent short story but was a bit predictable. I would not mind reading one of the novels in this series though as then there is more time to build anticipation and suspense.
Robbie
Very good! I'll be reading all of the Ryan Lock Series. I rated this one 4.8 stars. Jim read this one 5-10-14 and gave it 4 stars.
Cameron Geddes
Dec 29, 2013 rated it liked it
OK - just. Too much like a promo for the other books (which are far better) than a story itself.
Sharon
My first Ryan Lock book! Was okay, but perhaps a bit too short to get an idea of whether I would really enjoy any more.
Jose
Jun 27, 2016
Darrell
Sep 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Body Bags (Body of Evidence, #1)
  • First Drop (Charlie Fox, #4)
  • From Above
  • On My Way to Paradise
  • Black (Black, #1)
  • High-Opp
  • Nevermore -  Novel of Love, Loss, & Edgar Allan Poe
  • Borrowed Power (Joe Ledger #4.2)
  • The Sholes Key (Evans and Blackwell Mystery #1)
  • Secret of a Butterfly
  • Knighthorse
  • Killing Mum
  • Night Time: Two Novels
  • In Hero Years... I'm Dead
  • The Stars in Shroud
  • The Duchess of the Shallows (The Grey City #1)
  • Celia's Room: Sex, Drugs and Deception in the Barcelona Night
  • Sledge
I write the Ryan Lock series of thrillers, which feature ex-military bodyguard Ryan Lock and his partner, former Marine, Ty Johnson. The first two books in the series, Lockdown and Deadlock, hit the Official UK Top 50 Bestseller Chart, and the third, Gridlock, has just been released in hardback. They have have also been translated into Dutch, German, and Russian.

I'm a firm believer in

Ryan Lock & Ty Johnson (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Lockdown (Ryan Lock, #1)
  • Deadlock (Ryan Lock, #2)
  • Gridlock (Ryan Lock, #3)
  • The Devil's Bounty (Ryan Lock, #4)
  • The Innocent (Ryan Lock #5)
  • Fire Point (Ryan Lock, #6)
  • The Edge of Alone (Ryan Lock, #7)
  • Second Chance (Ryan Lock #8)
  • Red Tiger (Ryan Lock #9)
  • The Deep Abiding (Ryan Lock & Ty Johnson #10)