Start by marking “Just Desserts (Holland Springs, #4)” as Want to Read:
Just Desserts (Holland Springs, #4)

Just Desserts (Holland Springs #4)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  779 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
What an earl wants isn’t always what he gets…

British Billionaire and modern day earl of Spenserfield, Sebastian Romanov only wants one thing in life: To reclaim his position as president of Romanov Industries. But first he has to clean up his reputation to convince the Board that he’s a dependable bloke who’s willing to put the company above everything, including his pers
Published August 2013

To ask other readers questions about Just Desserts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Desserts

Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

Just Desserts is book four in the Holland Springs series, a Contemporary Romance written by Marquita Valentine. I received this eARC in exchange for an honest review through Tasty Book Tours.

4 Delicious Stars!
A Flavorful and Delightful Read!

The Rundown:
Sebastian Romanov is a hard, brooding man who's been bred since a young boy by a controlling and abusive father to take over and run his father's empire and to further extend the title of Earl of
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Posted on What I'm Reading

All right, it's time for flailing Kermit arms. That's right I got a chance to read Marquita Valentine's latest release Just Dessert. It's the next installment to the Holland Spring Series. YAY! Seriously, I LOVE this series. Honestly, I have been waiting for Sebastian's story forever. I can honestly say I have been intrigued by Sebastian Romanov since we got a glimpse of him in Twice Tempted. Now we get his story.

However, he's not an easy guy to love. Actually, he's st
Aug 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The earl of Spenserfield, Sebastian Romanov has many issues to deal with. He wants to become president of his family company again after he did some bad things, he wants to get a relationship with his brother again and he wants Daisy. He has trouble doing these things because he has been told he is just like his father and believes them. he doesn't like to show his feelings and comes off as rude and overbearing. Daisy has a business called The Sweet Shoppe and has had her heart broke before. Now ...more
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
Source: eARC for Honest Review from Author

So I didn't know this was part of the series when I picked it up but I was able to read it as a stand alone and still get lost into the book. However, I think if I had read the others I would have had more back round about the Romanovs especially Sebastian.

With Sebastian he's a misunderstood force under the guise of being a bad guy which he truly believes he is. So when he meets Daisy he falls hard but doesn't think he deserves her. But he still can't l
Jan 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
In this latest visit to Holland Springs, we learn more about Sebastian Romanov, the most complicated of the Romanov men, in my opinion. Christian and Bastian are twins, and we find out a little about their childhood with a tyrannical abusive father, and a mother who was just gone in more than the physical sense.

"If anyone had told Sebastian Romanov that today would be the day he fell in love he would have dismissed them completely. And if he'd had an inkling of how hard he would fall , he would
It was nice for once that the man was the one who acted like a love struck moron in front of the girl. The guy was the one staring, sweating, mute and generally acting like a jackass! I truly hate it when authors write parts like that for females, making them look like blithering idiots, but this time that was all Sebastian...hilarious!

Pretty good read, kind of repetitive from the last two books though, so I'm glad that for this next book we are through with the Romanov's b/c quite frankly I'm t
Sam Main
Nov 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a must read of everyone.
Well thought out characters, plot and following on with the other characters from earlier books in the series.
The hero is sexy and amazing, although you will go from wanting to hug to throttle him many, many times (often in the same paragraph)
I feel this is the best book yet from the very talented Marquita Valentine, but be careful the book is addictive, you will not want to put it down.
Andris Bear
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've been wanting to read Sebastian's story since he started manipulating Sasha and Rose in Third Time's a Charm. He's cold, calculating, and due for his Just Desserts.

Daisy is a sweet, small town girl just looking to pay off bills so she can get on with growing her business. When Sebastian proposes a plan to wipe her debt, it's an offer she can't refuse.

Valentine blends her usual quick wit and tale of redemption for another sexy read.
Susan Bartlett
Mmmm 3.4-4

This wasn’t a bad story, but I also realized midway through the story I had jumped into the middle of a series. It seemed unnecessary to read the others but I think it would have helped me to understand more if I had read those ones first. It’s good I just felt like I was missing information.
Oct 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story is cute but there are too many things that aren’t explained in terms of the relationships and past history of several of the characters. While I assume some of them may have been part of earlier books in the series there is too much left out here that appears to be relevant to understanding the psyche of Sebastian. It made for a frustrating read.
Jan 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Good beach read.
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2-star
Well... as per usual, going to review (critique) as I read, mostly because I read in bits and snatches on my lunch break at work (which means it takes FOREVER to finish anything these days).

This is yet another book that suffers from lazy author syndrome. I made it exactly 20 pages in before I was stopped cold by something that is easily Google-able (ok, I made that word up, but I like it). Going to add a qualifier that it's obvious the author is not american based on the language/slang used. But
Sally Sparrow
Apr 25, 2013 rated it liked it
What can I say? I’m disappointed.

This is the third Holland Springs novel I’ve read, the third pairing of a Romanov man and a Holland Springs, NC local, and the one I was most excited about. It is Sebastian’s story, my favorite of all the Romanov men. He is the powerful one, the ruthless one, the favored son of his Russian mobster father. The baddest boy of all the bad boys. In the previous two installments -- Twice Tempted and Third Time’s a Charm -- you see occasional glimpses of the real man
Pepper Penn
Aug 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: x, hea, book-series
This book can definitely be read as a standalone, but because I am a tad of a neurotic, I really wished I would have read the other books in the series before this one. This is #4 in the series, and I really want to know more about the characters that came before it. So, for this reason, it took me a little bit longer than I anticipated to get into it.

THE BASICS:I really enjoyed this book. We have the standard "arse" of a man and a good woman to show him what love is, but there were some good tw
Jul 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

Just Desserts is the third book in Marquita Valentine's Holland Springs Series. Even though I hadn't read the first two books in the series I wanted to read this one after seeing the cover and reading the blurb and I was hoping that it wasn't necessary to understand this one. I probably would have known a few of the secondary characters better if I had read them, but I found that I wasn't lost at all and had no problems getting into the story.
Just good

It was good, well plotted and had ok depth. It was too short to fill in all the details and in some places it jumped missing pieces. But over all I enjoyed the book and story line.
The Holland Springs series has given us the Romanov men, super sexy Brits of Russian heritage. Wealthy (obviously), ruthless, damaged. Twice Tempted was Christian Romanov's story. Just Desserts is his twin, Sebastian's book. Until now, Sebastian, estranged from Christian, has seemed cold, uncaring, all about power. And then he meets Daisy.

As with the previous Holland Springs books, Just Desserts involves a relationship of convenience. I never tire of this trope. even better when I find a relatio
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
At a glance, Just Desserts, the fourth book in the Holland Springs series by Marquita Valentine, appears to be simply a story about two people who fake a romantic relationship and fall in love. Thankfully, it’s much more complicated than that.

I liked both lead characters in this often humorous, yet angst-ridden and messy love story. Daisy Barns is sweet, kind, self-sufficient, and owns her own business. She’s well-respected and loved by her town and her friends. She’s just an overall great perso

Bastian, at last I get your story! Ever since I read Marquita Valentine's first book, Twice Tempted, I've been anxious for her to share Bastian with us. With each book, my desire to see his story only increased. And while I enjoyed finally reading Just Desserts, I do have to be honest-- I was ever-so-slightly disappointed.

Sebastian Romanov is a very prim, proper, and well, uncaring person. His childhood was messed up, to say the least, due to his bastard of a father and witch of a mother. And wh
mixed feelings....

so i didn't read the other books in this series. so i was a bit lost with the characters. but i was still able to follow. i really liked Sebastian. even though he did some stupid things..But i forgive him because he did those stupid things because his parents are/were really effed up. plus he was so cute going all gaga over Daisy and her sweets.

but then they were both so hot and cold. she'd be thinking of him and then he'd show up and she would be cold. but then she was lonely
Sep 14, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Another boring romance with typical plotline and doofus moves by the guy who is "just doing what is best" for the woman. While this may be billed as standalone novel, it isn't. For most of the novel there are facts presented that have no context, and then I realized that those facts are supported by previous novels. So if you don't mind being confused for most of the novel and feeling like you've missed something, then you may be okay with this.

My biggest problem with this novel is that there ar
Jun 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
When I read the blurb, my initial reaction was, another rich and hot foreigner off to sweep the local women of Holland Springs. How typical.

Okay, I'll give you that. It was pretty typical. And I don't know entirely why I enjoyed it more than the previous books in the series. Maybe because of the lead characters? How they can feel weak inside, and not show it outside.

It did borrow a few plot concepts from the earlier book, His Christmas Wish. But I don't know why I didn't loathe it. Hahaha!

I g
Luisa Rivas
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
The author gave me an advance copy for a review. In this excellent encore of the Holland series, Sebastian Romanov visits Holland Springs to "kidnap" ahem, convince Rose to travel to England and reunite with Sasha. He meets Daisy who defends her friend and makes sure she's safe with Sebastian. The one who was not safe was Sebastian, who falls head over heels with Daisy. There is an element of "get real", love at first sight doesn't exist, but this is romance and fiction, so in this world, it doe ...more
Heather andrews
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I loved Daisy, she kept me entertained, “what about sex?” she blurted, her cheeks heating and her hand falling away. “I mean, you don’t expect sex. I mean, you’re not paying me for sex. I don’t have sex for money. Sex is free with me.” She couldn’t stop saying ‘sex’ and there was no one around to duct-tape her mouth shut. “But we’re not a real couple, so our sex would be fake sex.” Sebastian says the most romantic things, “I could eat you for hours,” he murmured and she flushed hot. “Make you co
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sebastian & Daisy's Story

Bastian never believed in love , but all thoughts of them went out the door when he met Baker/Caterer and Shop owner Daisy Barnes, meeting the lovely Daisy and eating her cupcake speciality had him falling in love with the woman of his dreams , so what does he do... he creates a "fake" identity that can show his "real self" and ask the woman of his dreams to pose as his "fiancee" But every thing goes down hill when Daisy discovers the truth, but no matter how hard h
Jess F. (From Me to You ... Book Reviews)
"3.5 out of 5 stars, this romance is between a man who isn't used to falling in love--yet tries his hardest to brake out of his shell just for the woman he's fallen for--and a woman who's life is falling in shambles around her--yet isn't willing to have a broody knight come sweep her off her feet to take care of her...or is she?

I enjoyed this novel and thoroughly enjoyed reading about the main characters, along with their backgrounds."

Read more of this review and two teasers here: http://frommet
This just wasn't for me. I nearly gave up twice but was determined to see it through.

Good bits:
Sebastian does sound hot and he definitely can do the hot brooding thing that makes for a good alpha male. The story does twist and turn with more of Sebastian's family secrets being revealed along the way.

Bits I didn't like:
I found a lot of the dialogue quite stilted and could see all the twists and turns in the plot coming. Daisy annoyed the hell out of me and came across as being incredibly weak. I
Black Butterfly
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: BOOKBUB
Shelves: romance, erotica
Oct 04, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really started out liking this book despite the whole instant in love thing it had going on. But then the guy just behaved so strangely, I attributed it to his poor upbringing, but it was almost to bizarre even for that. And then when he left her in an Edward Cullen like fashion I was kind of done with him. The heroine really became more likable as the book went on. Even if she as a bit of a mary sue.

Oh and with all of Marquita Valentine's book it is riddled with typos and errors. So distract
Sep 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
The beginning is delicious, just like the cupcakes the heroine likes to bake. The novel has shades of Chocolat and seems to be setting up a sweet, romantic adventure.

And then the author seems to have lost track of the story and let it meander for a really, really long time through fields of typos and inconsistencies that the excellent characters just barely managed to pull me through.

5 stars for the beginning and the characters, 3 stars for the rest, for an average of 4 stars.
  • The Sugar Cookie Sweetheart Swap
  • Misconception
  • Britton (The Awakening, #3)
  • Accidental Cowgirl (Whisper Creek, #1)
  • Edge of the Past (Edge, #2)
  • The Rancher (Men of the White Sandy, #2)
  • Jaded Touch (Vesper, #2)
  • Breaking Beau (Rock Hard, #2)
  • Dreams of the Cursed (Dreamer, #2)
  • Operation Saving Daniel (Melville Sisters, #1)
  • Sweetest Mistake (Sweet, Texas, #2)
  • All I Want for Christmas is a Cowboy (Hunted, #0.5; Montana Men, #0.5; Valentine Valley, #0.5)
  • The Christmas Cookie Collection (Twilight, Texas, #4.1)
  • Silken Rapture (Princes of the Underground, #2)
  • Disconnected (Connected #2)
  • Undying Embrace (The Enclave, #2)
  • Warrior Beautiful (Riders of Paradesos, #1)
  • Delayed Offsides (Crossing the Line, #2)
New York Times Bestselling Author, Marquita Valentine, writes sexy heroes that make you swoon and sassy heroines that make you laugh. She's the author of the bestselling contemporary romance series, Holland Springs, and the new adult romance series, Boys of the South.

Marquita met her husband aka Hot Builder at Sonic when they were in high school. She suggests this location to all of her single fri
More about Marquita Valentine...

Holland Springs (6 books)
  • Drive Me Crazy (Holland Springs, #1)
  • Twice Tempted (Holland Springs, #2)
  • Third Time's a Charm (Holland Springs, #3)
  • Not Over You (Holland Springs, #5)
  • Be Mine (Holland Springs, #6)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dance with Me (Rice, Luanne)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
“People with power should always choose to protect the ones without it.” 0 likes