Start by marking “Fix You (Second Chances, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fix You (Second Chances, #1)

Fix You (Second Chances #1)

3.81  ·  Rating Details ·  2,334 Ratings  ·  245 Reviews
What if love can’t heal all wounds?

Second Chances, Book 1

After too many years of secretly loving her best friend, Zoey realizes she’s been shortchanging herself. It’s time to take action. This New Year’s Eve heralds the year she’s going to tell Rob the truth. Even if he is on the road, reaching for musical stardom with his band.

Her plan is derailed when she discovers a l
Published December 11th 2012 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Fix You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fix You

Blacky *Romance Addict*

photo 63115.gif  photo 63115.gif  photo 63115.gif  photo 63115.gif
 photo 63115.gif Fix You  photo 63115.gif
 photo 63115.gif  photo 63115.gif  photo 63115.gif  photo 63115.gif

I absolutely loved this book!

Don't really feel like writing a long review, here are just some things you need to know:

1. You need to read this book
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

2. The story is about best friends who've been in love with each other for a long time
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

3. The heroine discovers she has cancer and it's the thing that brings them together
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4. There are flashbacks to their history throughout the book (not that many but they're there)

5. This will make you happy and sad at the same time

6. There is
Kristen
Re-read. I enjoyed this book first time I read it but I liked it even more the second time around. Such a heartbreakingly good story.

Solid 4 stars

Fix You is a well written, emotional, heartwarming yet heartbreaking novella that had the perfect blend of real-life issues, good romance, and heart-and-soul. It's a bona fide friends-to-lovers storyline with some of the typical and annoying plot scenarios. Though I thoroughly loved and enjoyed the relationship between Rob and Zoey–these two character
Dd
Dec 15, 2012 Dd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dd by: JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko

Twenty-five years ago a promise was made---

Fourth grader Zoey hates the new neighbourhood she and her parents moved in.It is just the beginning of summer and she does not have any friends.Worse the neighbourhood is filled with boys only.She tries to join the group of boys but...

It was the tall boy who answered. “No girls allowed.”

Boys are jerks.Disheartened she sits on the porch .It is then another boy comes running down the street.Seeing her he stops.They introduce themselves.

"I’m Robbie Gra
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
Wow!!! What to say!!! I am on a book high!! This book was wonderful. I devoured it in one sitting and couldn't get enough of the words that followed on each of the pages. I was concerned with the content of this book that there wouldn't be a hea however there was and it was a good one. Although this book was short it didn't feel rushed at all. It was well written and the story flowed seamlessly. A must read!!!!
Richa
Dec 13, 2012 Richa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*spoiler free review*
“My rock star,” she whispered.

“I like the sound of that.”

“I call you a rock star all the time.”

He kissed her hand. “Not that part, silly. I like the idea of being yours. Finally.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It starts with second chances....

Sitting in a living room surrounded by her girlfriends, talking about second chances and going after what you want, Zoey acknowledges something to herself...something she'd been avo
Lise *friends don't flag*
“Fucking, Jesus. God, Zoey. You kill me, baby. So fucking hot.”
description

So, how have I not read anything by this author before?
For a fairly short book, Mari Carr wove a story I was able to connect with and become totally invested in both the MC’s. This was a spectacular friends to lovers story about Zoey and Robbie.

They met when they were ten and became best friends and stayed so until their mid 30’s when a life altering situation occurred that set them up for a more than friends relationship.

I loved t
Sarah ❤️ Literary Hottie

Have you ever fallen in love with your best friend?

photo image_zps139f3f99.jpg

Zoey and Robbie have been best friends for twenty five years.............

Zoey has been in love with Robbie for twenty five years, she's just never been able to tell him. Just when she finds the courage to tell Robbie how she feels, she discovers she has cancer and her whole world falls apart.

"When you try your best but you don't succeed. When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep. Stuck in reve
Awilk -never sleeps-
Oh my. I had just finished reading a couple of very short stories that were so powerful I was almost scared to try and read something else, thinking that nothing would be able to satisfy me.

I WAS VERY,VERY WRONG. THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING.

Yes, I had to shout. I will never forget this story. It may be because I have been in the same place as Zoey, but I don't think that is it.

I have a made me cry shelf, but it doesn't tell you if it was happy tears or sad tears. I should fix that, but this book mad
AJ
I’m loving the concept of this series! The ‘wine girls’, a fantastic group of women who live in the same apartment complex, and get together weekly to drink wine and talk about anything and everything. First up – Zoey.

I loved Zoey and Rob. Best friends since childhood, and roommates for 14 years, Zoey has secretly loved him since she was a teenager. They have always been there for each other and when, after a late night phone call, Rob senses that Zoey needs him, he doesn’t hesitate to jump on a
Mo
Jan 03, 2013 Mo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this one. Usually a fan of "friends to lovers" books and this was one of them. It was a compelling read. The Hero and Heroine were great - strong characters who met when they were in 4th grade and had remained friends over the years. Must check out some more books by this talented author.
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
This review can be found at : http://totallybookedblog.com/

This may be a short read, but let me just say that what it lacks in length it more than makes up for in content. The fact that this is a novella does not impact one bit on the depth and emotional pull of this story.

I love Mari Carr's stories and once she again she has given me a story and characters that have captured my heart. This is a beautifully written book with characters that are so real and the writing so wonderful that you actua
What an absolutely AMAZING book. I went into this book thinking it would be kind of depressing being that the main focus is about cancer. What I didn't expect was to be left in awe from this book. Robbie and Zoey's relationship was wonderful. They started as friends and eventually gave into their true feelings of love. This book tackles a very tough subject like breasted cancer but it also shows you that just because you are diagnosed with cancer it doesn't mean its the end. The love and friends ...more
Jamie
Dec 12, 2012 Jamie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really loved this story.. it was not long but it packed a powerful punch.. There was so much crammed into this story but every bit of it worked.. Rob and Zoey--Best friends for years and even living together, they never made any moves that both of them were secrectly feeling the need to move on . Rob is in a band and travels a lot.. He's on the road when he gets a call from Zoey.. something in her voice sends him home to her without second thought, leaving his band on the road. What he finds out ...more
Christine
Dec 13, 2012 Christine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: recommend, read-2012
This book did not drag. There really was no "oh, I can't tell him I have cancer" until the very end. I hate those stories that drag the main point in the book until the very end.

I am not giving away a spoiler by telling you that the main female character, Zoey, finds out she has cancer and tells her best friend of 25 years, Robbie. This is their "journey" as they recall their childhood friendship and advance their adult friendship from friends to lovers. And I do mean advance by having hot ste
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness
FIX YOU is a short yet sweet novella ,that revolves around Zoey and her childhood best friend 'ROB' and how CANCER kind of brings them together.

description

after staying the best of friends for over 20 years ,zoey finally takes up a new year's resolution to tell rob , tht he's her secreat crush.And she does, well just after she tells hims she's got cancer as well..

This whole book was kinna a short and sweet read, with not much of angst,erotica or ____(insert genre of your choice here.)

its just basically an
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
Classic Mari Carr. This was a truly heartwarming story of lifelong best friends who finally acknowledge that they are more then just friends. Loved every word. I'm always amazed (though I shouldn't be anymore) at how much emotion Ms. Carr can pack into such a short book. I loved Zoey - she was such a great character - so real and Robbie - wow, talk about the perfect guy.

Pick this one up - you won't be sorry!
Rain ~miss kinky knickers~
Photobucket

*sigh*

Dear friends, this is what happened...
Photobucket

It's a story about Robbie and Zoey. About twenty five years of friendship. About love. Fear. Happiness. Life. About (most wonderful) second chances. About all the ways there are to fix each other. And promises. A lot of promises.

"Will you promise to be my friend when school starts?"
"Promise you won’t let me fail Algebra."
"Promise you’ll tell me if I have food in my teeth."
"Promise when you’re a famous musician, you’ll write a song for me."
"Promise y
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
Best friends since they were ten and now twenty five years later they are flatmates, Zoey and Robbie would do anything for each other. However, on a wine fogged New Years Eve Zoey makes a resolution to tell Robbie that she loves him as more than just her friend. But her plans are ruined when she finds a lump on her breast and is diagnosed with cancer. Robbie's band are about to hit stardom, but when he hears Zoey's strained voice over the phone he knows something is wrong and hurries back home t ...more
Jenn
Dec 12, 2012 Jenn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: buddy read w/Bethany
Fix You is the perfect combination of:
1. Romance
2. Steam
3. Humor
4. Friendships
5. Over coming a sensitive subject matter/and the ups and downs of it

I especially loved the friendships of the Wine Girls. They provide Robbie and Zoey with their love, strength and support sprinkled in with some humor. I love when the Wine Girls come up with their resolutions for the New Year but call them Second Chances. Robbie is a loving, sweet, funny BFF/BF. He always knew perfectly what to do to help Zoe
Ann
Good. With all the warnings that this was a read with a Kleenex box because it dealt with the cancer issue I'll admit I was leery. Happy to say no need for that tissue box as no tears were shed. Thought the story was upbeat, positive and realistic given the subject matter in the brief way it was discussed. Sweet romance and that Rob's a keeper. Not only was he a wonderful friend he was sweet, oh so sexy while being incredibly kind, thoughtful and supportive of Zoey. The guy is hands down the pos ...more
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Loved this book! What a perfect ending.
Kept me wet eyes, made me fall in love and made me believe that people stay though the good and the bad, the rocky and the plain! :D
I love it when characters talk about their hoohaas and dicks as a third person! LOL

I loved how the story at times would go in a flash back talking about their pervious years as best friends though school and stuff!

I think each of the ladies will get their own book :D
Can't wait for Shelly's book! :D
& Josie's HOWL book! LOL
Nic
It is so refreshing to find a book that deals with the topic of illness in such a way, acknowledging that romance is possible at such a time, but still tackling the serious issues of dealing with mortality. Despite the potential to be a heartbreaking read, it really was inspiring and uplifting (thanks to Blacky's review that encouraged me to read when my natural instinct may have been to avoid!)
I.Am.Reader
Nov 26, 2012 I.Am.Reader rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Read it in one sitting! Loved t!
Michelle [Helen Geek]
04/21/2013 --

Overall Rating = 4 Stars
Book Cover / Book Blurb = 4 / 5 = 3.5 Stars
Writer’s Voice = 4 Stars
Character Development = 4 Stars
Story Appreciation = 5 Stars
Worth the Chili = 5 Stars [$3.44 on Amazon]

Why did I wait so long to read this one? Why did I wait so long to read this author? Who knows...

I was trolling through my back TBR pile and found this little gem. I have to be in just the right mood sometimes and maybe that's why I waited so long. This book brought back so many painful memori
Natalie The Biblioholic
Short and sweet and packs one hell of a punch!

Any book dealing with cancer is a bit hard to read. As a breast cancer survivor myself, my heart goes out to those who have suffered and those who continue to suffer from this bullsh!t disease.

hatecancer

I think the author handled this issue sensitively and beautifully.

I really liked the friendship between Rob and Zoey. It was what friendships are made of and all of his promises were extra sweet. Their transition into an intimate relationship seemed natural, es
Christy
Dec 12, 2012 Christy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Whatever it is, it’ll be okay. We’ll fix it.”

This book was full of friendship, love and promises. You will cry- happy tears, sad tears, you have been warned!

Everything changes now.

It’s New Years Eve... Zoey is with her ‘wine girls’. They all decide to make resolutions. Zoey’s is easy: I’m going to tell my best friend I’m in love with him.
Robbie is on tour, something he has worked on and strived for since his high school days. He gets a call from Zoey, his childhood best friend, before he is ab
Bren

WILL YOU MARRY ME ROBBIE GRANGER?

-BUT I DID FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU THAT DAY IN THE PARK, UNDER THE TREES WHEN YOU KISSED ME.
-THAT WASN'T EVEN A REAL KISS. JUST AND EXPERIMENT.
-IT FELT REAL TO ME. YOU'VE ALWAYS BELIEVED IN ME, ZOEY.EVEN WHEN I COULDN'T BELIEVE IN MYSELF. I'M THE MAN I AM TODAY BECAUSE OF YOU.

Hopefully my husband doesn't mind I just asked a book boyfriend to marry me.***cringe***haha.
Before I read this book I had read two Kristen Ashley's book.If you have read those you will unde
Mandy*reads obsessively*
4.25*
I decided to go ' back to my roots' and read this story.
I was a bit reluctant with the cancer storyline, but with all the rave reviews I was hopeful and looking forward to finding out about Zoey and Robbie.
Zoey and Robbie have been best friends and each others rock since they first met in 4th grade.
Now two decades later they are still the best and closest of friends and roommates. They have seen each other through adolescence , breakups, jobs and dreams.
Robbie has finally realized his dream
Chris- Bookaddict
Absolutely AMAZING Story .... A story about friendship, love, strength, and courage. It was awesome !!! A MUST read for everyone truly it is ...

What if love can’t heal all wounds?

Second Chances, Book 1

Her plan is derailed when
Stephanie
Dec 11, 2012 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How could this book not touch your heart....

Her tears were quieter now, but he knew she still shed them even though he couldn't see the face she'd buried against his face. The only noise in the room was her quiet sniffers, but soon that sound was replace by her soft, even breathing. She' finally fallen asleep. It was only then that Rob allowed his own tears to fall"

I really enjoyed this book. It had the romance which is always nice, but it dealt with a series issue as well, a scary disease...Ca
Romance Readers R...: February PIFM Buddy Read - Fix You 28 25 Feb 13, 2013 07:16PM
  • Ask Adam (Tanner Siblings, #2)
  • Breath on Embers
  • What You Do to Me (Unexpected Love, #1)
  • Shaken
  • Stripped Bare (Joker's Wild, #3)
  • Turn It Up (Turn It Up, #1)
  • Beautiful Scars
  • Insatiable
  • Capture (DISARM, #6)
  • Worth the Risk (Worth It, #2)
  • The Accidental Mistress (Mistress Trilogy, #2)
  • Human Hieroglyphix (Human Hieroglyphix, #1)
  • Phoenix Rockstar (Biker Rockstar, #1)
  • Something Reckless (Albright Sisters, #2)
  • Brother's Keeper
  • After Midnight (Black Phoenix #1)
  • On The Dock
  • If Only (Captured, #1)
Writing a book was number one on Mari Carr’s bucket list and on her thirty-fourth birthday, she set out to see that goal achieved. Five years later, her computer is jammed full of stories — novels, novellas, short stories and dead-ends and six of her books have been published.

High school librarian by day and mother of two busy teenagers, Mari Carr found time for writing by squeezing it into the ho
More about Mari Carr...

Second Chances (7 books)
  • Dare You (Second Chances, #2)
  • Just You (Second Chances, #3)
  • Near You (Second Chances, #4)
  • Reach You (Second Chances, #5)
  • Always You (Second Chances, #6)
  • Now and Forever

“Life moves fast, things change. Sometimes I think our only job on this planet is to hold on so we don´t get thrown off the ride.” 16 likes
“Promise you’ll never let go of my hand?”
He kissed her. It was the easiest vow he’d ever made. “Promise.”
13 likes