Start by marking “The Six Sacred Stones” as Want to Read:
The Six Sacred Stones

The Six Sacred Stones

(Jack West Jr #2)

In this thrilling sequel to the bestselling Seven Deadly Wonders, super-soldier Jack West, Jr., and his elite team must race to secure the world from a looming Armageddon. Abridged. 5 CDs.
Audio CD, Abridged, 0 pages
Published January 1st 2008 by Simon & Schuster Audio (first published December 17th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Six Sacred Stones, please sign up.

Start your review of The Six Sacred Stones
Bradley
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, 2016-shelf
Action! Adventure!

Honestly, I don't usually go in for this kind of novel unless pressured by friends or I am just watching some SF adventure, but I can see the appeal. More than that, even. The pacing is always great and while it's not *exactly* a serial adventure right out of the 30's, it has all the pulp feel you could wish for.

Ah! But what flavor of pulp is this?

It should be familiar to all you connoisseurs of conspiracy theories. The wilder, the better. You know, like the dark sun, (or
Rob
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book two in the Jack West series.

This book redefines the meaning of ‘Action Packed’.
400 hundred pages, give or take, of the most death defying non stop action you can ever imagine. I have to admit that there were times when I wished that the author (Matthew Reilly) would take his foot off the pedal just long enough for me to take a breath and smell the roses.
The world is heading for one hell of a cataclysmic event, the end of times. There is only one hope for the world survival, Jack West Jr.
Celia
Sep 28, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thrillers-crime
This was lent to me by a friend, so I did try my best to enjoy it. But this kind of action-adventure-movie transformed into a book just isn't really my thing. Not only the increasingly ridiculous situations the characters find themselves in - "Block of stone about to fall and crush me? I will block it with my titanium arm!"

Also, his use of italics and exclamations marks in the narrative made me want to kill myself, or at least write to his editor. Can someone tell him to stop doing that, please?
Baz MW
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Matthew Reilly is very quickly becoming a favourite author of mine.
This is a fast-paced, page-turning, character-loving, thrilling journey through some exotic places with some fantastic archaeology, history and geography to boot.
The end of this book left me adding more Matthew Reilly novels to my TBR list.
Even if you don’t love action, adventure and drama, you will by the end of this.
Tyson Adams
Feb 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whenever I read a review for a Matthew Reilly book I am immediately putting the reviews into one of two categories. Category G - they got it. Category M - missed the point.

Reilly is one of the best at writing books that could be an action movie directed by Bay or Bruckheimer. They are meant to be a flat out thrill ride of action and adventure. So many reviewers seem to expect Tolstoy or Dostoyevsky and are understandably under-whelmed. I on the other hand was expecting a novelised action film,
Vivien Fung
Aug 07, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Matthew Reilly's writing is the written equivalent of someone showing you something, then bringing it so close to your face so as to almost hit you, repeatedly. I don't understand why he thinks his audience is so stupid. Literally every page has about 4 or 5 words that are italicised; he often re-describes something, by way of an obvious aside, that occurred just the page before. He'll have his characters awkwardly explain things in a manner even more artless than usual action books (case in ...more
Helen Deakin
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just like the first book in the series, I couldn't put this one down. Mattew Reilly really knows how to rope in his audience and keep them on the edge of their seats with non-stop action and characters that are easy to love. Stephen King's Dark Tower series has always been my favourite book series but I think this series may end up taking the title. Can't stop reading them and now onto the third with the fourth one waiting after that.
Hadia Salahuddin
Feb 18, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I will be burning this book right after Im done writing this review. As long as I can remember, it never took me this long to finish any book but this one did it for me, I would open this book, read a page and then snap it shut because it required an intellectual level of a teaspoon for someone to have to actually comprehend what Matthew Reilly is trying to explain to his readers. SO much God Damned repetition of the same stuff,over and over and over again. Not to forget the absurdity of the ...more
Peter Martuneac
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A big sequel to Seven Deadly Wonders, and possibly even more intriguing than the first. Once again I choose to describe it as "Dan Brown meets Indiana Jones" in a story full of great bits of history and mythology. You have to suspend belief perhaps a bit more than is normal for a thriller, but this book series is totally worth it. Jack and Lilly are fantastic characters, and by now you're forced to be emotionally invested in their story.

And as an added bonus, the story has Lord of the Rings
andeeeeee
reilly once again proves that it is possible to have nothing but action and still have a book be a fun read. barely any characters, leaps right into insane impossible chases and mayhem and wanton destruction and supernatural weirdness. a past book had a 50 page boat chase, this one has a similarly long airplane being chased by many buses on a stretch of desert highway. over the top and goofy and ridiculous but fun as fuck. if this was a movie, it would be a bruckheimer blockbuster and we'd all ...more
Aseel
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads
Another fast paced, action jam packed book with ancient history and astronomical information. I loved getting back with the gang again but that last line I feel like is a lie (or it better be)

My only issues is that the plot could be sometimes too fast and some parts too slow, and the call signs for the characters is still very confusing
Nameeta
This is a re-read for me. Going through the set again so I can pick up the latest book in the series The Four Legendary Kingdoms.

I remember enjoying this book the first time I read it. This time not so much although I did like it for the below reasons:

1. The places this books takes you- Jack and his people travel all around the world and there are a lot of new places being introduced as the book progresses. The author has done his research which comes through making it an enjoyable read.
2. The
Jerome Parisse
Jun 28, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I thought it was my lucky day: a friend of mine recently came back from Europe and gave me a book, which had been let behind on the seat of a plane. The Six Sacred Stones, by Australian author Matthew Reilly. I had never read any of Reilly’s books, in spite of his huge success, and I was kind of curious about them. I started reading…. and stopped. There was no way I would ever be able to read the book. I did insist though, and read a few more pages, but by then I was feeling sick and had to put ...more
Barbara ★
I read these books just for the fun of them. Oh sure, Matt Reilly does tons of research to make the background (reasoning) believable but then he adds a ton of ridiculous unrealistic escapes and action sequences that are simply over the top. But fun as hell. This series would make a great run of movies. Something that keeps you on the edge of your seat (literally) for the entire two hours. This book is a thrill a minute with conspiracies, betrayal, alien artifacts, ancient architecture ...more
Angelique Simonsen
This was good! Action packed and archaeological puzzles too! Some stunts do seem a little OTT but hey it adds to the excitment
Paul Pessolano
Feb 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I reviewed Matthew Reilly's last book, "The Seven Deadly Wonders", little did I know that he would continue the story in his next book. I loved "The Seven Deadly Wonders" and drew the comparison to the adventures of Indiana Jones. It had the same action/adventure that put the heroes in impossible situations and got them out of these situations, only to find themselves in another impossible situation.

The action and impossible situations continue in "The 6 Sacred Stones'. The same heroes and
Kribu
There isn't a lot to say here, really, that I didn't already say in my review for the first book in the series. All that pretty much still applies.

However—

—as I was speeding along with this book

—I realised it didn't matter anymore!

I was used to it!

And I enjoyed it.

Even more than the first book! Because... wait for it... I knew what to expect!

It's just plain crazy fun. It really is. Not something I'd recommend for anyone who's in the mood for a more serious (or better written) book, but if
Alan Hoffman
I've read many of his other books that require a suspension of disbelief and this one requires even more.

Like 7 Deadly Wonders, there are some Indiana Jones-type caves with traps in this story. One cave that requires a system of two people is believable. Yet the author makes another one so difficult with obstacles to "prevent thieves" that it makes me wonder why an ancient civilization would go to such lengths to protect a sacred object. At some point, I don't think even their own people would
Colleen Stone
I once attended a talk by Reilly about his writing. As he described the type of student he had been, I got the picture of an ADHD student. He hated everything they gave him to read and after he had left school, he decided to write what he himself wanted to read. He decided there'd be no alternation between escalating drama and reflective passages. His novels would be rising action from start to finish. Fair enough.

As an English teacher,I realised that Reilly's writing would appeal to reluctant
Tim The Enchanter
This Review is applicable to the Audiobook version.

The 6 Sacred Stones provided exactly what I expected. Some treasure hunting, guns, explosions and a man with a near mythical ability to avoid death. Please don't read this (or listen to this) if you wish to read action/adventure that is touched with reality. In this installment of the Jack West Series, the fantastic elements are increased to a new level. After successful diverting global catastrophe in the first novel, Jack and his band are
Kim
Mar 30, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just a disclaimer prior to my review, this book is a sequel to Matthew Reilly's Seven Deadly Wonders and it is important that you read that book first. Also, this book ends in a major cliffhanger because it is going to be followed by another book. So, if you don't want to have to wait to see how it ends, save the entire trilogy for when the final book is written.

Having said that, one of the advanced praise quotes on the cover of this book says, "Like reading a video game." That is actually a
Steve
Apr 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I could not put this down, but like the first book in this series, I have some problems with how things are portrayed, so can't give it five stars. The chapters are quite long, but as in the first book, they are broken up into small chunks. The action started immediately, and then kept accelerating, with delicious plot twists. The timeline jumped around a bit, with some chapters set earlier time-wise than earlier book-wise chapters, which was a little confusing. And the cliffhanger ending just ...more
Zach
Nov 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A non stop thrill ride exploring the secrets of the ancient world.
In true Matthew Reilly style, it grips and doesn't let go.
Just when you think that no more shit could possibly hit the fan, Reilly brings more shit, and finds a bigger fan.
This book has higher stakes than I ever thought possible in a work of fiction, backed up by mounds and mounds of research, Reilly merges fiction with fact to create an astoundingly compelling read.
Jo
Feb 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third time I've read this series, Jack West Jr is a modern day Indiana Jones and this series is compelling reading. Matthew Reilly isn't doing a Jack west Jr book this year so I will just have to revisit all my favorite characters.
Josen
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ten roller coasters in one!

That's what this was......

Ten roller coasters in one!
Amy Norris
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is just pure, action-packed fun.

I enjoyed this more than the first, and it left me wanting to pick up the third. As I have previously said, the dialogue in these books is a bit cringey at times. Reilly also has a habit of using the same sentences/phrases over and over.

(view spoiler)
Sonia Jackett

I picked this up in a hotel I was staying at when I’d run out of books.

Oh wow....

THIS IS HILARIOUS. It’s the most ridiculous, ludicrous, every scenario so far fetched thing I’ve ever read.

It’s written a bit like a cheesy, really corny screenplay for a bad American TV show. With lots of emphasis placed on certain words through italics and exclamation marks!!!! Also loved the accompanying diagrams and pictures.

Obviously a lot of the plot is based on myth and legend - which I love - but even
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
Jack West Jnr bursts into action with his team in another race to save the world. Some few faces appear on the scene and as usual its good to see the middle powers of the world kicking above their weight. An enjoyable read, but that ending - never been so glad to have the next book in a series.
Dotty Abuol
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read book yet but from what I've heard it's a great book looking forward to reading it
Shelley
Synopsis: THE END OF THE WORLD IS HERE

Unlocking the secret of the Seven Ancient Wonders was only the beginning...

After their thrilling exploits in Matthew Reilly's rampaging New York Times bestseller, 7 Deadly Wonders, supersoldier Jack West Jr. and his loyal team of adventurers are back, and now they face an all-but-impossible challenge. A mysterious ceremony in an unknown location has unraveled their work and triggered a catastrophic countdown that will climax in no less than the end of all
Nice Book but need to await the sequel 6 51 Jun 05, 2013 05:57AM

• The Hunt for Atlantis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #1)
  • Sahara (Dirk Pitt, #11)
  • Map of Bones (Sigma Force, #2)
  • The Last Oracle (Sigma Force, #5)
  • The Exodus Quest (Daniel Knox, #2)
  • The Covenant of Genesis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #4)
  • The Lost Throne (Payne & Jones, #4)
  • The Sanctuary
  • Thunderhead
  • The Alexandria Link (Cotton Malone, #2)
  • Deception Point
  • The Last Templar (Templar, #1)
  • Beneath the Dark Ice (Alex Hunter, #1)
  • The Tomb of Hercules (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #2)
  • Amazonia
  • প্রফেসর মাসুদ রানা
  • Atlantis (Jack Howard, #1)
  • Raising Atlantis (Conrad Yeats Adventure #1)
Matthew Reilly is a New York Times best-selling author of eight novels that have been published in eighteen languages in twenty countries. He has sold more than 3.5 million copies worldwide.

Jack West Jr (5 books)
  • Seven Deadly Wonders (Jack West Jr, #1)
  • The 5 Greatest Warriors (Jack West Jr, #3)
  • The Four Legendary Kingdoms (Jack West Jr, #4)
  • The Three Secret Cities (Jack West Jr #5)
“Jack quickly set about releasing Pooh Bear from his cage. Once he was free and standing on solid ground, Pooh gazed at Jack in horror. 'By Allah, Jack, you look like shit.'
Bloody and filthy and weary beyond all human endurance, Jack smiled a crooked smile. 'Yeah...'
Then he fainted into Pooh Bear's arms.”
1 likes
“Health is the greatest possession, Contentment the greatest treasure, Confidence the greatest friend, Non-being the greatest joy.” 0 likes