Start by marking “Unicorns! Unicorns!” as Want to Read:
Unicorns! Unicorns!

Unicorns! Unicorns!

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  46 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
"Unicorns! Unicorns!"  Noah calls.  "Come aboard!  The flood is coming!" The tarantulas terrapins and tortoises and all the other animals hear Noah's voice but what is keeping the Unicorns?  Will they come in time?  Or will the world lose for ever the most fabulous beasts? The rich and detailed illustrations by Sophie Windham match all the magic and drama of this variation ...more
Paperback
Published September 23rd 1999 by Orchard Books (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Unicorns! Unicorns!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unicorns! Unicorns!

Darlene
Feb 10, 2009 rated it really liked it
Genre - FIction

Reading Level - 1st and 2nd grade

Topic and Themes - Unicorns miss getting on the ark because they are stopping to help other animals on their way to the ark.

Curricula Use - Independent reading

Social - It's nice to stop and help people, but sometimes we need to make sure that we take care of ourselves too.

Literary Elements -

Text and pictures -The illustration of the unicorns actually being part of the sea is a great use of shading in pictures to create differences.

Summary - when
SmokingMirror
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book surprised me by reinterpreting a bible story without becoming overly cute or overly self-important. Or is it an Irish Rovers song? (view spoiler)
Andy
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was one of my favourite books as a kid. I'd almost forgotten about it, but when I saw it on this site my heart swelled with an all consuming nostalgia that left me a little breathless. Or maybe that was my asthma starting up again. Either way, this book brings back fond memories
Rebekah Jones
Dec 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
The book was an interesting twist to the story of Noah and the Ark. I liked how the unicorns are painted as helpful. This is a good book to use to teach how to put other first. It does draw on your emotions because the unicorns do not make it to the ark in time.
Heather
Nov 07, 2007 rated it it was amazing
A haunting legend of how the unicorns galloped to reach the Ark but along the way they came upon other late-comers struggling to reach Noah and even though time was running out they stopped and helped each animal board the Ark and did not make it themselves :(
I love this book!
Marie
Dramatic, lyrical, touching. (okay, I know I'm a terrible romantic!) But I'm beginning to think that I'll try anything by McCaughrean.
Julissa Tavarez
Jun 14, 2011
Yojideh Atherton
Mar 30, 2015
Emma R.
rated it did not like it
May 27, 2015
Geraldine McCaughrean was born in 1951 and brought up in North London. She studied at Christ Church College of Education, Canterbury and worked in a London publishing house for 10 years before becoming a full-time writer in 1988. She has written over 120 books, 50 short plays for schools, and a radio play.

Her adult novels include Fires’ Astonishment (1990) and The Ideal Wife (1997), but she is bes
More about Geraldine McCaughrean...