Start by marking “Duty and the Beast” as Want to Read:
Duty and the Beast

Duty and the Beast (Desert Brothers #1)

3.34  ·  Rating details ·  200 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews

Rescued from the clutches of a lascivious prince, Princess Aisha Peshwah quickly realizes she's jumped out of the frying pan and headfirst into the fire. Her rescuer is Zoltan Al Farouk bin Shamal--an unashamed barbarian!--who must marry Aisha himself to ensure he is crowned king.
Commanding, stern and brutally attractive, Zoltan is as untamed as the desert he will be mast
Published September 1st 2012 by Harlequin Presents (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Duty and the Beast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Duty and the Beast

Vashti
This book was an okay read for me.Could not really connect with Sheikh Zoltan and Princess Aisha at all.Zoltan rescues Aisha at the beginning of the book from his evil half brother,Mustafa{I am seriously thinking Lion King evil here}Anyways,in order to become king,one of the brothers had to marry her,hence the reason she was kidnapped.Zoltan of course rescues her and takes her back to the palace where the are to be married.Aisha comes across as a really spoiled brat for most of the book,fighting ...more
Dalia
Apr 27, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story was promising, The writing style was superb. I would have liked this book better if not for Zoltan , he was an obnoxious hero, arrogant, self centred, judgmental, inconsiderate. The list is long. Aisha was strong & not afraid to speak her mind, she maintained an air of dignity. However the time of the story was too short ( the story takes place in less than a week ) so naturally the development of their love was not convincing. Aisha kept repeating "i hate you" & once they made ...more
willaful
This "captured by the sheikh" story has an unexpected freshness. Princess Aisha is ready when mercenaries break in to rescue her from a kidnapping -- of course her father would arrange it. But her satisfaction soon turns to disbelief and horror: one of the barbaric "mercenaries" is actually the heir to a neighboring Arab kingdom and he rescued her from a forced marriage only to force one on her himself.

Aisha is convinced by her father that it's her duty to marry Zoltan, but she doesn't have to l
Asteropê
Hsiau Wei
This book tell the story of Aisha who was rescued by Zoltan only to know that she is to marry him in few days time. Being a strong willed Jemayan Princess, she was adamant to submit to his order but reluctantly relented when she found out that she have no choice; marrying Zoltan to reunited both countries or risk his father being dethroned and her brothers' inheritence. She choosed to marry Zoltan but determined to keep it on paper only. Something that she found difficult to do because of the at ...more
Fiona Marsden
Oct 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy a good sheikh tale and this is a good old fashioned forced marriage story. Aisha is rescued from the bad guy by his cousin Zoltan, the rightful heir to the throne.

A romantic at heart, she is horrified that she is promised in marriage to such a barbarian. This is an enjoyable romp with an alpha male sheikh, a fiesty independent heroine and a marriage made for the sake of two kingdoms.

The interactions between the hero and heroine were great fun and the story had the requisite amount
Tanya Mayes
Nov 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed reading this book. Started this morning and I'm finished already. Zoltan&Aisha really good couple. Sometimes duty must come first. But as always love conquers all.
Helen
Sep 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is another great story by Trish Morey two people thrown together out of duty to their countries and their adventure to a great Hea
Lily at Bookluvrs Haven
Oct 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley

Review originally featured on Bookluvrs Haven

I know this read is a little out of genre norm of YA and zombie fiction that has been the ongoing theme lately on the blog, but I really needed a little quick, escape read. One that is filled with action, conflict and a whole lot of romance. This Harlequin novel had all I was looking for.

I've read plenty of Harlequins over the years, and usually I really enjoy the stories. They usually follow the same formula; boy meets girl, sometimes they don't real
Rhonda
Sep 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 STARS

I was not sure if I would like this book by reading the back but I did like it.
Thier was one love scene that I skipped over.
I like Aisha and would be mad if my choice was taken from me too. At first Zoltan Al Farouk bin Shamal is not to my likeing he is Arogant ,proud and he is right and he is being forced into things too.
But the more I saw and heard where he was coming from and how he grew with the knowledge that he had I fell a little in love with him too.
Mustafa is a character that I
Jenny
May 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Princess Aisha is kidnapped and rescued by sheikh Zoltan. They are forced into an arranged marriage in order to protect his kingdom from his evil brother. Aisha resists him and fights this arrangement because she always dreamed and hoped she would marry for love. Zoltan isn't happy either. He thinks Aisha is a spoiled princess and she acts like one. There were times I wanted him to kick her to the curb. However she was a romantic at heart and I liked how unlike other heroines she wasn't afraid t ...more
Consuela Rossetto
Scampata dalle grinfie di un principe lascivo, Aisha Peshwah si rende conto di essere caduta dalla padella nella brace. Il suo salvatore, infatti, è Zoltan Al Farouk bin Shamal, uno sfrontato sceicco che ha intenzione di sposarla per poter diventare il sovrano del proprio regno.

Autoritario, inflessibile, ma anche incredibilmente sexy, Zoltan è uno spirito selvaggio almeno quanto il deserto sul quale un giorno regnerà, e per quanto Aisha provi con tutte le proprie forza a resistergli il suo corpo
Melissa Maxwell
Dec 31, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the book and it refreshing spin on sheiks and love. Aisha and Zoltan are forced into marriage in order to protect his home country from his sadistic brother. Aisha marries him but decides to wait to be with him until they know each other. Zoltan is mad but can see her point so he tries to woo her but in the process she's her for who she is not who he thinks she is. It ended well with the next books in the series being the epilogues.
Lizzie b
Jan 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: halequin
This was an interesting story. Rather than the hero being emotionally damaged he is just all business and duty and Jennie has to marry as a political move. His bride he views as a spoiler shallow princess. She is quite naive and innocent and was holding out for a love match and is not happy to be making this political marriage. There is progress then misunderstandings, it is well written and not too much angst. She delivers some well thought out lines.
Linda Klages
Easy to read - would read more from this author.
Kimberly Walter
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a really good read. can't wait to read about the other three men.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Desert Brothers
Category: Classic Romance
Fabiola
Nov 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book.IT really shows you what romance is about......
Harlequin Books
Leanne Haack
Jan 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Dutch edition of a book 3 10 May 12, 2017 12:09PM
  • A Tainted Beauty (What His Money Can't Buy #1)
  • Santina's Scandalous Princess (The Santina Crown #3)
  • His Reputation Precedes Him (The Lyonedes Legacy, #2)
  • Defying the Prince
  • The Petrov Proposal  (Forrester Siblings, #2)
  • Princess From the Past
  • Waking Up in the Wrong Bed
  • His Majesty's Mistake (A Royal Scandal, #2)
  • Captive but Forbidden
  • Enemies at the Altar
  • The Thorn in His Side
  • The Playboy of Puerto Banús
  • Heart of a Desert Warrior (Royal Brides #10)
  • Undone by His Touch
  • Cupcakes and Killer Heels (Brothers & Sisters, #2)
  • An Offer She Can't Refuse
  • The Secrets She Carried
  • Trouble in a Pinstripe Suit
319441
The best thing about writing romance, USA bestselling author, Trish Morey reckons, is providing a reader with that aaaah happy ever after ending, made all the more satisfying by putting your characters through some gruelling stuff along the way. And with more than 35 titles and nearing 7 million book sales worldwide, it looks like the readers agree.

A four times finalist and two times winner of Aus
More about Trish Morey...

Desert Brothers (4 books)
  • The Sheikh's Last Gamble (Desert Brothers #2)
  • Captive of Kadar (Desert Brothers #3)
  • Shackled to the Sheikh (Desert Brothers #4)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)