Start by marking “Just Like Florence Nightingale (Tigers and Devils, #1.3)” as Want to Read:
Just Like Florence Nightingale (Tigers and Devils, #1.3)

Just Like Florence Nightingale

(Tigers and Devils #1.3)

Simon Murray is preparing to spend his first Christmas together with Declan Tyler, but he has to play nurse as Dec is recovering from a knee operation. With best friends Fran and Roger holidaying in Italy, how will Simon manage to become a modern day Florence Nightingale?
Published 2009

To ask other readers questions about Just Like Florence Nightingale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Like Florence Nightingale

Mark
Jan 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was extremely short, nine pages, but if you take out the clear line space formatting, probably about 7.
Anyway, I love these two guys and the humour contained in this quickie, didn't let me down either, had me snorting with laughter.
Anna
4.5 stars. Ohhh this was soooo damn cute! I'm still smiling. I love Simon and Declan so so much especially when they're cute like this with each other, aw. I love hurt/comfort, so this was perfect for me especially since it was with one of my all time favourite couples :)
Heller
Dec 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Simon Murray being a sap for Declan as he's helping him during his recovery from knee surgery. Adorable and some cute snarky moments. Can I say how much Maggie rocks? That cat continues to be awesome.
Arch Bala
Aweee… so sweet! I terribly miss my boys! It feels like forever since I last heard from them! I know I’ve been so bad about not reading this short story sooner – I’ve been meaning to but I keep getting sidetracked honest! – so before I head to Tigers On The Run, I decided to do some Monday Rewind for Simon and baby Declan ^^ Ugh. I really do love them!
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Free on Shawn's website, http://seankennedybooks.com/wordpress...

A cute free story. I love seeing Simon and Dec like this. I greedily want more though.
Ami
Dec 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
SUUUUPER ADORABLE!! I loved Simon and Dec so, SO MUCH. This was really fun, seeing Simon's sappy side by taking care of his beloved Declan. It was sweet of him, making the soup from scratch.

I loved the nod for Masterchef since the last couple of weeks I had been watching Masterchef Australia All Stars and Masterchef Australia Season 4 (I love this show better than the US version, I don't like Gordon Ramsay's nasty approach or the drama queen of all the contestants).

Oh, and the title alone?! Des
DaisyGirl
4.0 Stars

I LOVE Simon and Declan. In this free short, Simon is playing Florence Nightingale to an injured Dec. Recovering from knee surgery, Dec is in pain and on pain meds. Simon calls Fran (she and Roger are still hilarious BTW) to get the recipe for homemade chicken noodle soup. I loved how sappy Simon got in caring for his other half. They are such a joy to read!
Elyxyz
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dolcissima e irriverente al punto giusto. Dio benedica Fran. E le minestre di pollo. E Simon perché è Simon.
Marc | Rainbow Gold Reviews
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I kinda wished for this scene in book one, so I love that we actually got to read it. Plus it's free, so that's obviously awesome. If you want a quick tigers and devils fix, you've got it with this one ;)
Zaza
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fun, m-m, 2015
Quel plaisir de retrouver Simon et Declan dans cette nouvelle choupi comme tout ! Fran et son mari sont également de la partie, ce qui donne lieu à quelques répliques hilarantes ! Une nouvelle sooo cute !!
orannia
Dec 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Simon chatting to Fran and/or Roger is always hilarious!
Susan65
Dec 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Awww, I loved this one. So sweet.
Saphirablue
Shelby P
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Quick short. I liked seeing Simon take care of Declan. I like this couple together.
Kaetrin
Dec 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Aww! Simon makes proper soup! :)
Donna
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 0-lgbtq-read
How do you know you are in love? When you are prepared to step out of your comfort zone to be there for them when they really need you! For Simon, it was something as simple as making "homemade" chicken noodle soup for Dec as he recovered from his surgery. For me? It would have been the whole "replacing" the bandage issue... I ain't no Florence Nightingale! ;p
Meggie
Sep 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, shorts
Sweet and warm. How cudly were they together. Ah, that shorty was great!
Jenn (not Lily)
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awwwww! 9 pages of loveliness!
Suze
Jan 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Again, short and sweet - and soup-y!
One for fans of the series.
Simon defies all expectations and makes soup from scratch whilst looking after Dec.
Zane
Jun 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
After reading both 'Tigers And Devils' and 'Tigerland' this was a perfect, cute little insight into the depth of Dec and Simons love. Sean Kennedy is such a brilliant writer, every character has so many shades! What I love about Sean's writing is the space he leaves in his stories which can be filled by your own imagination. Being a fellow Aussie, I am so proud to see such well written gay literature coming from here.
clear skies
Dec 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love these guys and I'm glad Sean Kennedy manages to keep true to his characters. Simon is being a sap and tries to cook soup from scratch for Dec. It's sweet, tender and of course funny. I wish there was more.
Rissa
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhhh! So good! How could you not love this? Simon and Declan being completely adorable! Fran and Roger, always hilarious! I love it! Have I mentioned I love these little snippets? I can't wait to read the sequel! :)
Dawn
Oct 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
So paid for a 9 page book that should've been in book 1. Was cute but should've been a free read.
Penny
Jan 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
A simple short that high lights great characters and Kennedy's writing style
Jerry
Jan 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars, 1/2 star taken off because we didn't get the full story of Simon ACTUALLY cooking. I still find it hard to believe and yet adorable. Wait, Simon adorable?
Didi
Shelves: ebook, 2012, lgbt
If not for goodreads, I would have missed this short story! And it's free too! Simon and Dec *gush*
melek
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Simon makes soup for Declan aww sweet
helicene
Jan 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Super short, sweet slice-of-life, with a teeny bit of h/c mother-henning. Feel-good.
Traci
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
cute and short, i want more from this couple and the other characters in the book!
  • Fuzzy (First Impressions, #2)
  • Sixty Five Hours: The Twelve Days of Christmas (Sixty Five Hours, #1.5)
  • Deep in the Count
  • Aftermath (Glitterland, #1.5)
  • Miracle of the Bellskis (Bellskis, #2)
  • Lead Us Not
  • Getting It Right (Life Lessons, #1.8)
  • Secret Santa Surprise
  • A Summit City Christmas (Summit City, #2.5)
  • Remnant: A Caldwell & Feximal/Whyborne & Griffin Mystery (The Secret Casebook of Simon Feximal, #3; Whyborne & Griffin, #3.5)
  • A Very D Christmas (Zero at the Bone, #1.4)
  • It's You, Then Breathing
  • Dirty Zero (Zero to Hero, #1)
  • Dirty Day (Cole McGinnis, #3.6)
  • The Trouble With Elves
  • I Spy Something Christmas (I Spy, #3)
  • Dine & Dash (Cut & Run, #5.5)
  • #First Impressions #Second Chances
Sean Kennedy lives in the second-most isolated city in the world, thinks there are thylacines still out in the wild, and eagerly awaits the return of Twin Peaks in 2017.

Tigers and Devils (4 books)
  • Tigers and Devils (Tigers and Devils #1)
  • Tigerland (Tigers and Devils, #2)
  • Tigers on the Run (Tigers and Devils, #3)
  • Tigers on the Way (Tigers and Devils, #4)