Start by marking “Wild Whale Watch (The Magic School Chapter Book, #3)” as Want to Read:
Wild Whale Watch (The Magic School Chapter Book, #3)

Wild Whale Watch (The Magic School Bus Chapter Books #3)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  1,732 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
The Magic School Sub takes the kids deep into the ocean, where they learn all sorts of fascinating facts about whales.
Published May 1st 2000 by Scholastic (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Wild Whale Watch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Whale Watch

XIS Grade 3
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3vl-read-to-self
I adore this book because it has lots of new things about whales. (Giada)
Kathleen Pine
The Magic School Bus turns into a boat and later a submarine and takes the students down into the ocean where they get upfront and personal with all kinds of whales. The children break into groups of two and go into mini subs and explore on their own and come across some new species while on their adventure. After being spun out of range with the main sub the students find that the whales managed to help get them to shore to reunite with the group. It was a crazy fun filled field trip that taugh ...more
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Wild Whale Watch is one of many in the Magic School Bus series. The crazy field trips in Ms. Frizzle's science class always involve magic, science and fun.

On this trip, the class learns all about whales. The journey is fun for the reader and fun facts are learned about whales.

The illustrations and format breaks up the information into bite sized pieces that avoids early reader overload. There is a lot of information, but all of it is easily read, interestingly changing formats.

Things I lea
Kate
Nov 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
I thought this story was very entertaining and helpful for little kids to learn about life. I have always loved reading stories from the Magic School Bus and watching the Cartoon when I was a little girl, and I was non-stop laughing. I know little kids would enjoy reading these stories and watching the cartoons, because they can learn alot about the meaning of things in life. I think a great activity for the students to do in class would be to either take them on a field trip somewhere, where no ...more
Dolly
Sep 15, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is a fascinating tale about whales that discusses various species, where they live, what they eat and their different identifying characteristics and personalities. The story is fun, typical of the Magic School Bus chapter books series for children who are ready for chapter books. And the information is comprehensive, without being too overwhelming or boring. We took our time reading this book, reading a chapter or two each night and we enjoyed reading it together.

new word: callosities
Asield014
Jan 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2nd-trimester
I thought that this book was very informational about a specific animal. That animal was a whale and I like to read books about animals. I think that this book was a fun book to read because it was like a mix of adventure and informational.

I would give this book 5 stars because It really inspired me and I also read this book with good fluency and enthusiasm. I also thought that this book was good because since I really like to learn about animals and hold them I would like to become a veterinar
Jordan Laskoski
Nov 27, 2011 rated it liked it
I loved how this story was very entertaining and helpful for little kids to learn about many things, including life. I have always loved reading stories from the Magic School Bus and watching the Cartoon when I was younger. I think a great activity for the students to do in class would be or have them imagine going on a field trip somewhere, and have them share with the class what they saw and learned. Definitely a fun book and will keep children interested many years to come.
Miss Ryoko
Nov 10, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s-lit
Actual rating: 2.5

The Magic School Bus chapter books aren't written the best, but all the great information available within the pages makes up for the lack of well written story. My kids at school like these books, so I'm happy to sacrifice good writing for good content. At least they are learning!
Heather
Jun 04, 2008 rated it liked it
Another MSB chapter book. We learned a lot about whales, but they missed the pictures. It does have some small illustrations, but I think it would have been much more effective if I had other pictures to help them visualize what they were listening to.

A good book on whales, but not the best out there.
Katherine
Aug 09, 2008 rated it it was ok
Magic School Bus Chapter Books are not very interesting or well written. Their only redeeming quality is getting kids who like Magic School Bus picture books weaned off of them.
Sophie Muller
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: teen-literature
Nancy
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book and would recommend it to anyone who wants an excellent read. I look forward to reading more of this author's work.
PWRL
590L
Chandradatt jagdeo
Oct 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wild-whale-watch
i think this a educated book of whales
Climber
Apr 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
The book is about whales. I liked the whales. There was nothing I didn't like about it. One thing I learned was to be careful when a whale comes close. I would recommend this book.
Andd Becker
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
This chapter book is based on THE MAGIC SCHOOL BUS books written by Joanna Cole and illustrated by Bruce Degen.
Avalon
Mar 16, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: easy-readers
Mrs. Frizzle is always so calm.
Elaine Hebert
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The book tells me more information about different kinds of whales.
Theresa
Jul 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: review
mrs. frizzel is taking the class on another wild adventure, showing the live and world around whales.
Cynthia Leto
Aug 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I can see how for a child this would be a great and informative book to read! I recommend this to all marine life lovers.
Chase Broyles
Jan 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was another one of those books I was read to when I was really little and read it when I got older. I loved all of The Magic School Bus Books!
Winnie
Sep 26, 2014
Anni
Sep 09, 2017
Chinese Kharkiv
rated it did not like it
Jul 19, 2017
Evelyn
Jun 26, 2016
Logan
Mar 12, 2014
  • Penguin Puzzle (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #8)
  • The Great Shark Escape (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #7)
  • Twister Trouble (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #5)
  • Insect Invaders (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #11)
  • Expedition Down Under (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #10)
  • The Magic School Bus Explores the Senses (The Magic School Bus, #10)
  • Fishy Field Trip (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #18)
  • The Magic School Bus Gets Programmed

The Magic School Bus Chapter Books (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Truth About Bats (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #1)
  • The Search For The Missing Bones (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #2)
  • Space Explorers (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #4)
  • Twister Trouble (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #5)
  • The Giant Germ (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #6)
  • The Great Shark Escape (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #7)
  • Penguin Puzzle (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #8)
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
  • Expedition Down Under (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #10)
  • Insect Invaders (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #11)

Nonfiction Deals

$2.99 $1.49
  • Here Is Where: Discovering America's Great Forgotten History
    $10.99 $1.99
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Rational Optimist (P.S.)
    $14.49 $2.99
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Of Wolves and Men (Scribner Classics)
    $9.99 $1.99
    $8.49 $2.99
  • Dharma Punx: A Memoir
    $11.49 $1.99
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Queens Consort: England's Medieval Queens from Eleanor of Aquitaine to Elizabeth of York
    $9.99 $1.99