Start by marking “Disney's Beauty and the Beast” as Want to Read:
Disney's Beauty and the Beast

Disney's Beauty and the Beast

"Beauty is found within all things", the enchantress tells the cold-hearted prince as she turns him into a hideous Beast. All the suspense, humor, and romance of Disney's Beauty and the Beast animated film is captured in this novel for readers to enjoy on their own, time and time again. Illustrated with color stills from the film.
Published April 1st 1992 by Random House Disney (first published January 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Disney's Beauty and the Beast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Disney's Beauty and the Beast

Matthew
Jul 12, 2015 rated it liked it
This short retelling of the perennial fairytale, based upon the brilliant Disney classic, is cute, illustrated pleasantly and, obviously, lacking in incredible writing or depth but is still a adorable, nostalgic read (which only takes a minute) and has left me pining for a rewatch of the movie. This is the fourth (I think) book I've found at my childhood library cupboard thing and all are Disney and unquestionably cute. The reviews have just been: "Awwwww"
which is understandable. Not a book wort
Jamie Winslow
Sep 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book is based of the original Disney movie. It is a fairytale about a young prince who was not very kind. One day a woman came by and asked for a place to stay. He denied her any help and she cast a spell on him. The spell was for him to become a beast and for all the people within the castle became household items. He had until he was 21 years old to make someone fall in love with him. She set a rose inside a glass case he had to break the spell before all the petals of the rose wilted or ...more
Anna
Feb 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Getting ready for the movie..
Shona Moyce
Jul 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childhood, owned-read
This version is Disney's, with art from the classic animated film included. I've had this in my book collection since childhood and haven't been able to part with it.

The original story is a classic in itself and this one (for me) is no different. Regardless of initial target audiences I believe that the story is ageless.

The appeal is in the idea that someone so selfish, so cruel, so completely flawed that to the rest of the world they are transformed into a hideous creature, can then be change
Matt Vagts
Traditional-literature book #16
This book is about a prince who was mean to a beggar so she turned him into a beast. A villager walked into his castle and the beast locked him up. The villager's daughter Belle agreed that she would stay with the beast so her father could be released. In time they fell in love and because of their love the beast turned back into a prince.
Douglas Cootey
May 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book, fantasy
Well illustrated. A nice retelling of the movie with no surprises. A very faithful description of the animated scenes. My daughter loved it.

My favorite part of the book was adding things when my daughter was least expecting it, like the part about Bob who was traumatized because he spent all those years being the castle toilet.
Julia Jasztal
Jan 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Mommy's review from 8/21/09 -

Beauty and the Beast is definitely considered a classic in my family. I remember the story from when I was younger and I love reading it to my daughter now.
Julia loves the story as much as I do and it's by far one of her favorites. I also like how close to the movie the story is - I think kids are much more inclined to like a book like this.
Cws
OS-Dis
Lauren
Sep 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: reread
Believe me, it's kind of killing me that we put down "The Runaway Dolls" and have been reading "Beauty and the Beast" over and over. And over again. The power of Disney.
Lauren
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Love, love, love, love!!!! This is a Disney story!!!! I love the relationship between Belle and the Beast and having them overcome their own personal obstacles to find each other.
Stephanie
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
family favorite
This would make a lovely addition to everyone's personal library.
Kat
Apr 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: illustrated
Lovely, glossy art. One of the illustrated children's hardbacks that I have kept in my collection.
Theresa
Jun 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Disney's Beauty and the Beast (Hardcover)
by A.L. Singer
beautiful pictures from a retelling using Disney movie stills, making connections to students and their favorite princess characters.
Twyla
Aug 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: auryn-s-books
bell took her fathers place at a palace were a beast lives.she made the beast turn back human.
Victoria Chafin
Dec 15, 2012 rated it liked it
enjoyed the movie much more
Ruth
Apr 19, 2017
Candy Butler
Mar 30, 2015

• Pocahontas
  • Three Little Pigs (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Disney's - Aladdin (Disney Classic Series)
  • James and the Giant Peach