Start by marking “Black Belt Healing: A Martial Artist's Guide to Pain Management and Injury Recovery” as Want to Read:

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  6 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
The greatest opponent a martial artist will face is pain. This pain might manifest itself in the form of a traumatic injury or in the chronic aches and pains that come with such a highly physical activity. Whether a martial artist can continue his practice may be determined by his ability to cope with injuries and to heal quickly. In Black Belt Healing, David Nelson uses b ...more
Published September 16th 2014 by Tuttle Publishing (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Black Belt Healing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Belt Healing

Rik Scarborough
Interesting read and thoughts about healing.

Most of the book is about self hypnosis. I'm not sure I'm ready yet to add that to my toolbar, but it does give great insights.

One takeaway for me is the concept that the subconscious, or for me the body, does not understand words such as no, not. In attempting to be positive, I.e I will not have pain or I will not fail, we may be sabotaging our effort, instead our positive thoughts and Ki should be I am comfortable or I will succeed.
Alma
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: martial-arts
This book is for those who need healing. It is though, not to be dealt with lightly as the methods inside require intense thought and dedication. It has helped me over come a torn meniscus in both knees. But it takes time and a willingness to be diligent in the author's instructions. This book uses self-hypnosis and guides you through the process. Here is my disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and this is not intended to substitute as a medical diagnosis.
Rik Scarborough
Nov 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Most of the book is about self hypnosis. I'm not sure I'm ready yet to add that to my toolbox, but it does give great insights.

One takeaway for me is the concept that the subconscious, or for me the body, does not understand words such as "no" or "not". In attempting to be positive, i.e. I will not have pain or I will not fail, we may be sabotaging our effort. Instead our positive thoughts and Ki should be I am comfortable or I will succeed.
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Alan
Feb 22, 2017
Elliot Hanowski
Aug 19, 2017
More about David Nelson...