Start by marking “Bridge for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Bridge for Dummies

Eddie Kantar

Bridge for Dummies (For Dummies)

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  168 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Your plain-English guide to the most popular card game in the worldBridge, as any player will tell you, is simply the best card game ever. It's challenging--each hand presents a different set of conditions you must figure out and solve. It's very social--you play with a partner and two opponents. And best of all--it's fun.

"Bridge For Dummies" gives you a step-by-step expla
Published April 3rd 2012 by For Dummies (first published July 7th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Bridge for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bridge for Dummies

C.E. Case
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This really helped my beginning bridge game. Very easy to understand. Practical. Friendly.

I read it as an eBook and it was difficult to keep track of the sample hands. Would be much better as a print book to flip pages back and forth.
Melissa
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great guide for beginners. I read it to help me with my bidding/responses. Lots of good tips and tricks.
Meru
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bridge
This was an okay intro, though it turned out to be too basic for me, and I ended up skipping sections I knew. Eddie Kantar is apparently very well thought of, but I found his writing a bit eclectic. He'd occasionally be making some not-so-dry jokes in the midst of set of tips, and it was more jarring to read this as a result. I wouldn't really recommend this guide, but it begins my exploration into bridge books because they had it at the library!
Lynn
Dec 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An excellent book for beginners to bridge. Kantar does a good job of explaining both how to play and how to bid. Bridge is a complex game, and I have not found one book yet which made it simple; but this one is the best of the several I've read.
Jen Johnson
Recently kind of learned how to play bridge and man is it complicated. I got several books to try to help and this was the best one that I found (even though I really hate the whole 'Dummy' angle). Didn't get a chance to finish it but would definitely check it out/use it again as reference.
Donald
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good but long.
David
Oct 31, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Too many rules to memorize!
Katy
Enormous book!
Siobhan
Feb 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm starting a bridge club with a group of happening 30-somethings in the bay area.
We're the Bay Bridge Club - har har.
More later
  • Living Vegetarian for Dummies
  • Sailing for Dummies
  • Violin for Dummies
  • Cool Careers For Dummies

For Dummies (1 - 10 of 104 books)
  • Accounting for Dummies
  • Bartending For Dummies
  • Biochemistry for Dummies
  • Bipolar Disorder for Dummies
  • Blogging for Dummies
“You may discover an easier way of counting, but for most people the subtraction-by-two method works just fine. If you just have to be different, here” 0 likes