Start by marking “ノルウェイの森 Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
ノルウェイの森 Vol. 2

ノルウェイの森 Vol. 2 (ノルウェイの森 #2)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  199 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
1987年9月、講談社から書き下ろし作品として上下二分冊で刊行された。1991年4月に講談社文庫として文庫化、2004年9月に文庫改訂版が出された(なお、単行本にはあとがきが付されているが、文庫版には掲載されていない)。

執筆はギリシャ、シチリア、ローマで行われた。そのため、引き続いてロンドンで執筆した『ダンス・ダンス・ダンス』と共に「異国の影のようなものが宿命的にしみついている」「結果として書かれるべくして書かれた小説」「もし日本で書かれていたとしたら、(中略)これほど垂直的に「入って」いかなかったろう」と村上は『遠い太鼓』に書いている。1987年3月7日、早朝から17時間休みなしで第一稿を深夜に書き上げる。直後の日記に「すごく良い」とだけ書き記した。3月26日、第二稿完成。すべてボールペンで手書き。

学生運動の時代を背景として、主人公「僕」
Published (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about ノルウェイの森 Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ノルウェイの森 Vol. 2

Adam James
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I used to have a Japanese tutor. I would drive over to her home, drink hot green tea, and sit in her cozy kitchen and work on my kanji. One day, as I plopped my bag down by my seat by the window, my tutor excitedly showed me two tiny paperbacks, one red, the other green. I noticed immediately that both books were autographed; she began to explain how she was friends with the author and that this novel, broken into two parts, was a huge success in Japan and I needed to read it.

Thus began my love
Ryan
Sep 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second volume (green book) is where the story soars to unexpected heights, and drowns in its bottomless abysses. I was prepared to hate this book through and through. However, in this volume, my initial disappointment gave way to appreciation of Haruki's dramatic sense and sensibility.

I was prepared to hate it but I didn't. Even if the characters wear their hearts on their breast pockets, are too honest in their raw tender feelings, too sensitive, too suicidal. What a heartwrecker of a book.
Margaux Andrea
Apr 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: japan, in-translation

I would have given this book a higher rating if only the last couple of pages have been different. I really love Murakami's writing especially through the lens of Alfred Birnbaum's translation, but I just could not understand why the story ended as it did (with the happenings between Toru and Reiko I mean). Damn, I was ready to give it 5 stars up until the ending killed it.

Be that as it may, I still really enjoyed the story especially the parts with Midori as well as when Toru was just
Steffanie
Stian Drøbak
Jun 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can not to this day set my finger on what charmed me with this book, but whatever it was, it dragged me through the book, and made me love it even more the more I read.
Dean Prichard
Mar 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm really glad I ordered the hard to find Birnbaum translation from Japan. I enjoyed this version more than Rubin's.
Jude
Aug 04, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lynn Pollock
I haven't actually read it because it is in Japanese. It's just for looking at.
Jie Hui
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Completed life goal of reading Norwegian Wood in Japanese. Every time I read this book, it teaches me something different.
葦婷 王
  • The Girl I Left Behind
  • Appel du pied
  • Kanikosen. El pesquero
  • The Apprenticeship of Big Toe P
  • A Dark Night's Passing (Japan's Modern Writers)
  • 手紙
  • Dawn (Legend of the Galactic Heroes #1)
  • Twinkle Twinkle
  • The Twilight Years
  • A Discourse by Three Drunkards on Government
  • The Dwarf
Murakami Haruki (Japanese: 村上 春樹) is a popular contemporary Japanese writer and translator. His work has been described as 'easily accessible, yet profoundly complex'. He can be located on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/harukimuraka...

Since childhood, Murakami has been heavily influenced by Western culture, particularly Western music and literature. He grew up reading a range of works by Am
More about Haruki Murakami...

ノルウェイの森 (2 books)