Start by marking “Double Crossed: A Spies and Thieves Story (Gallagher Girls, #5.5; Heist Society, #2.5)” as Want to Read:

Double Crossed: A Spies and Thieves Story

(Heist Society #2.5)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  13,218 ratings  ·  1,109 reviews
Macey McHenry—Glamorous society girl or spy-in-training?

W.W. Hale V—Heir to an American dynasty or master thief?

There are two sides to every coin. Whether these two can work together is a tossup.

Born into privilege, Macey and Hale are experts at mingling with the upper class. But even if they’ve never raised an eyebrow at the glitz, neither teenager has ever felt at home w
Published January 22nd 2013 by Disney Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Double Crossed, please sign up.
Katelyn You can find this for FREE on ibooks, play store, nook, amazon, etc.

·  13,218 ratings  ·  1,109 reviews

Start your review of Double Crossed: A Spies and Thieves Story (Gallagher Girls, #5.5; Heist Society, #2.5)
Dany
¡¡¡¡¡¡OMG!!!!!!
A story of Thieves and Spies by Ally Carter, Combinated????
This is fucking amazing

CAN'T WAIT
________________________________________
EDIT: What I felt as I read Double Crossed (in an almost review)

First thought: OMG! is narrated just as Heist Society Series!

Second thought: Macey meet Hale!!!!!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Third thought: They start a funny conversation! *w*

Fourth thought: the problems are here and the action begun!!!!!!!!

Conclusion: It's the most awesome crossov
Elevetha
*fangirling hardcore*

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL.

I WANT MORE OF THESE.

Every single fangirl on the planet and the far reaches of space wanted a crossover. Come on, everyone knows it. And Ally, our flawless queen, is giving us exactly what we wanted.

THERE ARE NO WORDS. Except those^^^^^

description

ONE MORE DAY! ONE MORE DAWN! ONE DAY MORE!!!!

Oh, my. So good. Ally knows how to treat her fans well.

HALE'S POV!!!YES, I have wanted this for ages!

Fave scene:

"What kind of plan B?" Hale as
mara • (chaotic reader)
Dec 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People new to Ally's books, old Ally fans
For those looking for a link to Ally's free novella:
click here to get yourself some Hale
(Note: the novella was released completely free for everyone by the publishers. So thank you Ally!)

What a perfect little novella! The combination of Hale and Macey is brilliant - I NEED THEM TO APPEAR TOGETHER AGAIN. Not as a couple or anything like that, just as a badass duo. I mean imagine this: both have a don't-give-a-damn attitude, both are witty and both have that badass sexy edge. Perfect team.

So here
Anne
Jun 30, 2013 rated it really liked it

Thanks to NetGalley for a copy of this book

For those of you who don't know, Ally Carter is the young adult author of The Gallagher Girls (a series about an academy that trains teenage girls to be spies) and The Heist Society ( an Ocean's Elevenish series about teenage thieves). Double Crossed is the highly anticipated crossover novella that brings these two different groups together.
*insert squealing tween fangirls here*
I've never read any of the Gallagher Girls books, but I have read the first
Jasprit
Not being a huge fan of the Gallagher Girls series and a huge fan of the Heist society series. I was a little worried that maybe this book wouldn’t be for me, but I was wrong as Carter produces a brilliant mash up of two different worlds in Double Crossed.

Macey and Hale find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time, what was meant to be a friendly auction turns into all the guests being held hostage by a bunch of robbers who will stop at nothing to get what they want. Despite our favouri
Katrina Welsh
Dec 13, 2012 rated it liked it
That was way too short.
Joana
Dec 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
this is why I love Ally Carter! This will be the best thing since sliced bread....

ZACHHHHHH
HALEEEEEE

SWOOOOOOOOOOOON

Omg kat and Gallagher academy....yes
Carmen
Dec 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: extras-outtakes

Amazing novella, a really fun short story involving both series, and it was great to see Kat, Hale, Macey and Aunt Abby again-who knows? Maybe they'll meet again someday or Kat might just take up on Aunt Abby's offer... (Highly doubtful of that one though)

The mix of two series was incredibly fun to read and I'm so glad Ally made it free for everyone to download. :)

********

NO. NO. NOOOOOO WAY.

MY DREAM HAS COME TRUE.

Gallagher Girls has combined with Heist Society. The have combined. In a book. (ok
Kathy
Dec 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
What a cool idea to mix characters from two different series. I thought this was an enjoyable short-story. I liked Macey and Hale and how their two worlds collide. I liked the end when (view spoiler). If you like these series you'll enjoy this short story.

Content: Clean. Mild violence.
Kaylee Magic
Jan 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
EDIT: Ally, it's official. I love you. ❤ Please please please write more books that take place in a cross between your two epic worlds!! In fact, ALL AUTHORS should do this more often. It's GENIUS.

That is all. (':

After finding out about this:

HowthehelldidInotknowaboutthisuntilnow??

Oh my gosh, I think I'm going to die of happiness!!!!!!!! Please bury me in a coffin filled with Ally's other amazing books.

Kay, thanks.
xoxoxo
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
Oooh, that was a fun little bonus! I liked the ending between Abby and Kat...now that would be an interesting spin-off on both of these series. ;)
sally ✿
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
CAN KAT GO TO GALLAGHER ACADEMY? PLEASE?

Spy Kat would be awesome. I would absolutely love that.

Also, this short story just reminded me how much I miss my thieving gang, and how much I desperately want Heist Society book four.

Would totally be okay with more crossover stories!
Ana
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

Ever since Ms. Carter first mentioned this book I was really looking forward to reading it. A clash of Gallagher Girls and Heist Society? What's not to like there? :D So, I was overjoyed when I noticed it on NetGalley (and no requesting needed) :-) .

OK, on to the story itself. Imagine an ordinary society gala. A lot of rich, influential people wandering around. Filled to brims with women adorned in millions of dollars worth of diamonds. And one woman, the proud owner of the Canary diamond
Alyssa
Dec 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
NO WAY! MIND BLOWN Hale and Macy? one book...well novella but STILL! Spies & Thieves One of the best book concepts ever! Don't you realize how cool that is?!? This takes place in the middle of GG5 and GG6 but between what two books for the heist society novels. Hmm, or is it even before that or maybe it's after the whole Heist Society novels, And KAT AND HALE ARE TOGETHER! AFUGAUEHSNAJ!!!! Okay, let's not get to ahead of our self. This is going to be TAH BOMB

After Reading It
I wish that this
prag ♻
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Ally Carter (Go get it now, it's free on Amazon!)
One heist. One mystery.

Macey, Hale, Abby and Kat.

The perfect Ally Carter crossover.

I am so glad I found this book. I really love crossovers, and canon crossovers written by an author of one of my favorite series? Perfection.

My only problem was that it was waay too short! It would be so amazing if Kat accepted Abby's offer and went to Gallagher Academy.

Oh, I really want her to meet Cammie. I can see Zach and Hale bonding too!? I want more of this. It makes me happy.

4/5 stars
Books
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Anyone who has read the Heist Society series or Gallagher Girls series by author Ally Carter will more than likely agree that this novella, which collaborates characters from both these series, are a genius idea. I, on the other hand, haven’t yet read either of these series’ but after reading three chapters from each of the first books as bonus material in Double Crossed, I am eagerly looking forward to getting started on both.

That said, I enjoyed the sneak peeks of Heist Society and Gallagher
Julie Graves
Jan 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Gallagher Girls meet Heist Society! Wow! This was such a fun short-story! If you like the Gallagher Girls series(which I love!) and you like The Heist Society(which I also love!) then you must read this book from Ally Carter.

Hale(from Heist Society) and Macey(from the Gallagher Girls Academy) are both at the Calloway Ball when a group of gunmen dressed in Presidential masks take the group hostage. The scheme seems much more elaborate than just a normal grab the jewels and run type job. Hale and
Ayra
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
EDIT 5/5/19:
After all these years, the spies and thieves are still special to me. So much fun going back into this world. Trying my hardest not to reread the 2 series as I still have a lot of new books to read.
------------------------------------------------

During my first reading of the Gallagher Girls series, I really wanted to read this but I felt like I need to catch up on the Heist Society series first. However, I DNFed that. So, I just forgot about this book and moved on.

However, during my
Katy
Jan 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
What an ambitious thing to do - incorporate your two very different series into one novella. I really liked the Heist Society books and was excited to hear there's going to be another one coming out soon. And I've never read the Gallagher Girls, but after reading this novella, I am definitely curious.

I really like Carter's intricate planning - each little step that she is careful to set up to where it works out so well in the whole story. And I wasn't crazy about it at first, but her "no one not
Kate
Dec 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
So short yet soooo goood! Hope there will be more of this! I really like the idea of having Cammie and her friends meet up with Kat's crew. I just wish it will happen in the near future. *fingers crossed* :) ...more
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Jan 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
Absolutely loved these two worlds colliding and seriously hope they do again in the future. This also reminded me that as much as I love the Heist Society, I have a feeling I am going to love Gallagher girls just as much.
Must start it soon!
Mary H
Dec 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What the what?! This is ridiculously awesome. I never imagined that the Gallagher Girls and the Heist crew would meet. I am speechless and totally in love with this concept.
Ashley
Dec 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
All I have to say is that there better be another one like this. Ally Carter could even write another book or series or novella about Kat going Gallagher Accdemy! Now that would be awesome.
Lily
Dec 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
WHAAT!
Macey doesn't end up with Preston, and Hale not with Kate?

*Silently sobbing*
Alicia
Jan 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This crossover was great.
Lisa
Jan 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
THAT WAS SO GOOD.

Caroline
omg

Should I count how many times I almost ended up on the floor from the amount of cute?

"""""""The reason I wasn't flirting with you."""""""""

Look, that's my review. That's it.

Not going to lie, my favourite Goodreads shelf is broody-rich-boys-aka-w-w-hale-v

Do I quote this entire novella????? Because it was great.

omg

Everyone's really hot.

""""""What's your name?""""""
"You'd be surprised how many times I get asked that question."

jfc *___*

You two, stop it.

This is what the world would look like if
Bianca
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
We finally have the crossover I’ve been waiting for!!!! Such a fun read and I loved seeing some old faces interacting with the new ones. Love Hale in this especially.
Em
Jan 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Okay, so I haven't read an Ally Carter book since early last year when GG5 first came out. But reading this novella simply reminded me exactly why I fell in love with Ally Carter's writing. Simply put, she's amazing! Her storylines are intriguing and mysterious and the characters are funny and captivating and makes you wish you knew people like them or are them. ;) And everytime one of my questions such as 'Oh no why is Hale pushing his mother into an elevator?!' has been answered another one po ...more
Jessica
I wasn't sure how I was going to like the Gallagher Girls/ Heist society mix... But I loved it!!!!!!!

It was so fun to get inside Macey's, Abby's, and Hale's heads. To see how they think and what not. I really like how much action there was in such a short book. And I loved that you got to see how much Abby and Macey's Dad really do love her, and how she loves and respects both of them. I mean you kinda get to see it in the GG series but Ally Carter put more emphases into this story.

Kat and Hale
Zach or Hale? 56 151 May 09, 2015 05:35AM
Gallagher Girls or Heist Society? 11 41 May 04, 2014 08:59AM
Will there be more? 7 45 Apr 14, 2014 02:50PM
Gallagher Girls or Heist Society? 1 7 Mar 24, 2013 05:13AM
Gallager Girls Meets Heist Society 18 52 Mar 22, 2013 12:23PM
OMG 5 29 Jan 28, 2013 09:40PM
YAY 4 42 Jan 28, 2013 09:39PM

• Killer Spirit (The Squad, #2)
  • Model Spy (The Specialists, #1)
  • Perfect Cover (The Squad, #1)
  • Going Rogue (Also Known As, #2)
  • Also Known As (Also Known As, #1)
  • The Long Game (The Fixer, #2)
  • A Girl Named Digit (Digit, #1)
  • A Secret Service
  • Two Lies and a Spy (Two Lies and a Spy, #1)
  • The Fixer (The Fixer, #1)
  • Nobody
  • Down to the Wire (The Specialists, #2)
  • Fallen Flame (Fallen Flame, #1)
  • Map of Fates (The Conspiracy of Us, #2)
  • The Conspiracy of Us (The Conspiracy of Us, #1)
  • Twelve (The Naturals, #4.5)
  • COVID-128 (The Lunar Chronicles #4.6)
  • The Naturals (The Naturals, #1)
Ally Carter writes books about spies, thieves, and teenagers. She is the New York Times Best-selling author of the Gallagher Girls, Heist Society, and Embassy Row series. Her books have been published all over the world, in over twenty languages.

She encourages you to visit her online at allycarter.com and embassyrowbooks.com.

Heist Society (4 books)
  • Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)
  • Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society, #2)
  • Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society, #3)
  • Untitled (Heist Society, #4)