Start by marking “Christmas Bliss” as Want to Read:
Christmas Bliss

Christmas Bliss

Emma is running from a tyrannous uncle bent on killing her young brother, just to gain his fortune. John, the Earl of Compton, is looking for something to change his unfulfilling life. When they meet on a dark street, nothing can change their fate.

John is so instantly smitten and socially inept, he proposes in less than twenty-four hours. Emma’s plight to save her brother
Published November 29th 2012 by Ellora's Cave Publishing (first published November 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Bliss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Bliss

Start your review of Christmas Bliss
Alison
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
By A.S. Fenichel

Emma is found in a bush outside the Earl of Comptons house holding her brother hiding and running from a tyrannous uncle who is bent on killing her younger brother, to gain his fortune.
John, the Earl of Compton, is looking for something to change his boring unfulfilling life in the house of Lords. When they meet on a dark street, nothing can change their fate or can it?
John is so instantly smitten with Emma that he proposes in less then twenty-four hours.
Emma's plight to save
Kimberley
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emma lost her parents and now her uncle wants to kill her brother. To keep him safe she leaves there home only to be found by John Scarborough in his bushes. Afraid he would make them go home she attempts to leave. John senses he needs to figure everything out and decides to help them at least for the night. Emma has felt she will always be single but after spending a night in Johns home and meeting his mother her life changes. But to keep her and her brother safe from the uncle takes some doing ...more
Lori D
I love everything this author writes and this is no exception. Sweet, heartwarming and just an overall good read, this story left me smiling. Can two people really meet under extreme circumstances and fall in love almost at first sight? John, the Earl of Compton did exactly that. Coming home from a long day in Parliament, John saw a movement in his shrubs and after investigating found Emma Trent and her young brother. Trying to escape from her uncle who lives just across the street, Emma was des ...more
Aud
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Christmas Bliss" by A.S. Fenichel
An enchanting Sweet Regency Romance, a fully loaded albeit short story. I loved this story and the characters that were the story. Well, all except for one character.. the villain of the piece. I read a kindle edition that was a gift from the author (lucky me!!) ... and I am very sure that you will really like this story, too! I do wonder what Aunt Fiona's story might be.. maybe another time?
Patricia
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this sweet read
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by JoAnne
Book provided by the publisher for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

This was a novella that was a historical taking place in England. I was immediately drawn in to the storyline and was surprised that there was a beginning, a middle and an end along with closure. The storyline was well developed as were the characters. The story kept my interest from the first page to the last and you couldn’t help but root for Emma and Oliver to have a better life with all t
Annabeth Leong
Really enjoyed this sweet, fast read.

I particularly like that, despite the speed of the engagement between the two characters, it's very clear that their connection is based on much more than physical attraction. The author completely convinced me that these two practical people would, in these circumstances, throw caution to the wind and rush forward with a life together.

I was also impressed by how, without breaking the Regency setting, the author portrayed women who possessed maturity and po
Jess Schira
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a quick read which is good because once I started it, I didn't want to stop. For a short story, the main characters were remarkably well developed and their motivations were always very clear. The secondary characters were enjoyable and well used.

The story focused almost exclusively on the fast developing romance between the two MC's and how they intended to deal with a nefarious uncle. Fenichel did a great job of turning the block moment into a heart pounding, terrifying episode that h
Pamela
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Loved, loved, loved this story. It is a wonderful love story and little Oliver just adds to it. That it took place at Christmas is just a bonus
JoAnne
Jul 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Read my review on Romancing-the-Book.com by clicking on the link below:

Jamie Jack
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020, regency, holiday
A Christmas Delight

What a delightful surprise this book was! It seems like lately I have read so many books that have broken what I call to cardinal rules of storytelling that it is a great pleasure to read an author who not only doesn't flout sensible rules but actually knows how to spin a good yarn and create wonderful, believable characters.

The book is from the dual perspectives of the hero and heroine. I particularly enjoyed those parts of the story told from the hero's perspective. He is d
JoJo
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, ebook, favorites
John is a very serious Earl of Compton, who tirelessly spends his days arguing in the House of Lords. Women seem to only be after his status and fortune rather than his intelligence and determination. Until he meets Emma.
Emma is on the run from her abusive uncle, Drake, who is hell-bent on taking away her much younger brother Oliver’s inheritance. Protective of her young brother, she runs away with him while he is sleeping yet only makes it across the street to the Earl of Compton’s residence be
Suzanne Hare
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emma is trying to save her brother by running away. Her uncle wants him dead so he can inherit the family fortune. Her life changes suddenly when she meets the Earl of Compton on the street. Less than 24 hours later they are engaged. Can they build a life together with her uncle on the prowl and a marriage that starts off as just a convenience?

This is heartwarming historical romance with danger and suspense. The characters are likeable and have great personalities except of course for the Uncle.
Katherine Horvath
Christmas Bliss: The story was very touching. I love how the Lord had no clue who the redhead was even though they have lived across the street from each other for so long. I love how protective Emma is her brother. I like the attraction that John and Emma have. Even though all he cares about is his political career he still can't help the sparks that he and Emma have. I love that his mother is very supportive of the relationship. It was a very strong story and I loved how it was told and writte ...more
Annette
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
John is an earl who has devoted his adult life to working in the House of Lords, for the betterment of his country.

Emma is a young woman who nursed her father in his final illness and has raised her younger brother, Oliver.

Now, Emma and John are doing something drastic in order to protect Oliver's life as well as his inheritance.

They are going to wed. But, it turns out that it is no great sacrifice for either one of them.

This is a quick novella about love at first sight and a happy ending in the
Sandy
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A sweet and heartwarming tale.
This was a very entertaining, very short story. Emma must protect her brother and when in hiding she then meets John. John is a bit bored with life and Emma is like a breath of fresh air. Then she needs a white knight and he just may be the one for her. This was a sweet and heartwarming tale that is just right for a holiday read. For a short time, you can go to another world and bring a smile to your face. I highly recommend this tale. I did receive a free copy of t
Barbara
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A short story that kept me turning pages. What an Uncle that man was! This is Emma Trent her brother Oliver and John, the Earl of Compton's story. There is suspense, drama, danger, an very evil uncle and romance. I enjoyed reading this story. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Leena Aluru
Jul 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. Its the simplicity that nailed it . John, a confirmed bachelor falls in love with Emma pretty much ay sight. This book is really his. He's strong, protective composed and extremely thoughtful to both the heroine and her younger brother. And he's not the alpha male of the new contemporary books.

Highly recommended.
Carole Burant
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I so enjoyed reading this book, what a wonderful heartwarming story and you can't help but fall in love with Emma and John. Emma's young brother Oliver is quite the little character and I loved how the author portrayed him:) There's quite a lot packed in this novella and yet you can read it in one sitting! Very much recommend this book!!
Elizabeth McDaniel
This was a sweet and fun romance. John was a serious lord and Emma was running away with her younger brother from her uncle who was trying to kill them. When their paths crossed John couldn’t help but want to keep her in his life forever. He just had to convince her of it.

Kerry Pruett
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this short sweet Christmas love story. My heart filled with love and joy as I read the story. It was my first Christmas story of the season, and it put me in the spirit of the holidays. A great short story to fill the time for a read to get you feeling happy and full of love. Add it to your holiday read list you will not be disappointed
Jayne Butcher
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a quick fun story. The characters are easily imaginable and John’s befuddlement is endearing. It is well written, engaging and the perfect length for an afternoon beverage and a book.

Jean Matlock
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice sweet read.... whish it had been a. Little longer and had more heat!!!
Ana Read It
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this on in one sitting...this book was light, sweet, with a little bit of action, and
a lot of hope. I enjoyed the setting and the characters even more. Hope there is
another one like this.
Jennifer Rieth
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Christmas read

This was a very sweet Christmas Story. It was a quick read that warms the heart. Perfect for a little pick me up read.
Eileen
Dec 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Delightful, straightforward, romance with a bit of danger

This is very good novella. It felt rushed but then again that was prompted by the nature of the whirlwind romance. Very predictable but delightful nonetheless. I will try another book by this author.
Karen Zabadal
Mary Lynne Barcott
Nov 15, 2016
Debbie Morgenthaler
Jan 30, 2013

• Babyjacked (Payne Brothers, #1)
  • All of Me (The Bridesmaids Club, #1)
  • This Magic Moment (Bedding the Bachelors, #1; Dalton Brothers, #1)
  • Untamed Cowboy (Rainbow Canyons Cowboys, #1)
  • To Win Her Heart
  • Northern Magic (Alaska, Americana, #2)
  • Cocky Earl (Regency Cocky Gents, #1)
  • The Wedding Date Disaster
  • Fly Away Home
  • Bared
  • Gimme Some Sugar (Southern Eclectic, #3)
  • Unmistaken Identity (Fanboys #1)
  • Presumed Innocent (Kindle County Legal Thriller #1)
  • Don't Call Me Cupcake (The Holloway Girls, #1)
  • Murder on the Red River (Cash Blackbear Mysteries, #1)
  • A Well-Trained Lady (Seasons of Change, #4)
  • House Trained
  • Prognosis for Happiness
A.S. Fenichel (Andie) gave up a successful IT career in New York City to pursue her lifelong dream of being a professional writer. She's never looked back.

Andrea adores writing stories filled with love, passion, desire, magic and maybe a little mayhem tossed in for good measure. Books have always been her perfect escape and she still relishes diving into one and staying up all night to finish a g