Start by marking “Demon at My Door (Demon at My Door, #1)” as Want to Read:
Demon at My Door (Demon at My Door, #1)

Demon at My Door (Demon At My Door #1)

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  1,907 Ratings  ·  238 Reviews
Gothic outcast Natalie Sugarman bartered her soul for her dying mother’s life sixteen years ago to a boy demon that could stop time. Now, days before her twenty-first birthday, the lifelines on her palms are slowly vanishing, and she knows it’s just a matter of time before Satan’s little helper collects.

Natalie's tried numerous times to kill the demon and regain control of
Published February 12th 2013 by Michelle A. Valentine Books

Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
GTFU @ 58%

I guess I can't complain too much since this was a kindle freebie but I seem to be in the minority here. The writing seemed very juvenile and I had numerous eye rolling moments.

lol photo tumblr_n11zrrhl831tpblejo1_500_zps75351c51.gif

Girl and Demon...

handle photo tumblr_my8qx67E351qg0fg0o5_r1_250_zps20c945ef.gif

Yes! But apparently it was a no....

Natalie apparently bartered her soul to a demon in exchange for her mother's life when she was a child. She is currently attending college. She thinks the demon is coming for her on her 21st birthday.

photo tumblr_n15zi5KHG01s0amwgo6_250_zpsfab39bf1.gif

She is freaked out waiting for this demon to arrive. She
Rosa
Feb 23, 2013 rated it did not like it
Holy crap you guys, someone must have switched my book for another cuz I most def didn't read the same book as y'all. I read the first chapter in the back of Rock the Heart, which was good, and I liked the whole concept of the book. I then read the next 3 chapters on her website. From reading the first 4 chapters I wasn't sure if I was going to like it. It didn't really pop for me you know. Well then it came out early and I was like yay!! And then I read it I was like boooo!! First off the blurb ...more
Shelby
So I'm clearly in the minority here, but this book just doesn't do it for me. I admit I was torn between 2 and 3 stars, but while this book isn't as bad as the others I've rated at 2 stars it just didn't do enough for me to give it the 3rd star.

Altogether I'm confused by the marketing for this book in the first place. I came across it as part of the YA group I'm a part of's scavenger hunt, but the description, and frankly the cover, pitch the book as for adults. The YA group is right. This is n
Holly
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I’m a fan of paranormal to begin with so when Michelle announced she was releasing her new adult paranormal Demon At My Door excited was an understatement; I was happy as the Geico piggy!

I had the honor of being a beta reader and I knew from page one this was going to be a good one. Demon At My Door isn’t your typical paranormal; yes, there’s Demons in it but there’s also secrets, mystery, romance and one helluva love triangle!!!

The story revolves around Natalie Sugarman, who at 5 yrs old makes

Kim Person
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When I first head about Michelle's Demon At My Door my first thoughts were...........................................................

I know scary,huh? But you know what for a girl who is very particular about paranmoral reads I FREAKING loved this book! We are introduced to son to be twenty one years of age, Natalie. See Natalie made a deal with a Demon when she was 5 years old in exchange for her mother's life. Well that exhange will cost her but will it cost her everything? Hmmmmmmm!!!!

Natalie
Cap'n Heather.....Aarrrrrrr
Uhm....WOW! Please be a book #2....PPLLLEEAASSSEE!!
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Feb 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
I haven’t read a paranormal in a while so to say I was in my element here is an understatement. I really thoroughly enjoyed this story. It had just the right balance for me. I love my hot demons and this one definitely had one of those.

The beginning felt a bit slow but once it took off I was hooked and didn’t put it down until I had finished it. The writing was spot on and the characters and story line intriguing. There were enough twists and turns to keep me guessing and when I thought I had it
Cocktails and Books
I know Michelle Valentine by her fabulous Black Falcon series. So imagine my surprise when she reached out to bloggers for reviews on her paranormal book. Let me tell you, Michelle can a demon just as well as she can a rocker.

Natalie Sugarman knows she's living on borrowed time. After bartering her soul with a little demon boy to save her mother's life, she knows with her approaching twenty-first birthday everything is about to change. What she doesn't understand are the images the little demon
Cozen

*BANG*

If you haven't figured it out, I’m hitting my head on the keyboard at this moment. I am going to now rant and rave about another VIRGIN unrealistic protagonist lead female AGAIN. What I think this makes the 6th in a row now, I am so annoyed that I cannot see through the sea of VIRGINS any more. The setting was supposed to have adult themes to it.... Really? I find that as a falsehood for its description.

Here the lead knows that within weeks her soul will be taken and yet she st
Dawn
Feb 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: supernatural
I'm not really sure how I feel about this book...on one hand it was surprisingly well written and well EDITED for an Indy Author. I read a lot of Indy Authors and most have glaring editorial mistakes some where in the book but I honestly don't recall any here. The book itself is a very interesting concept and for the most point well executed. My issue lay in the story line...for instance miss popular cheerleader with the voodoo grandma was a pointless character from the supernatural standpoint. ...more
Cora Hawkes
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this so much that I didn't want to reach the last page.
I haven't read a paranormal romance in a while. This story just reminds me of why I love the genre so much. The unexpected can and will happen and I love that! It stretches our imaginations to the limit and this does not disappoint. Demon at My Door was a breath of fresh air and I was sucked in right from the beginning. I will definitely be reading the next book!
Aliana Milano
Jan 20, 2015 rated it liked it
It was okay. I just really hope book 2 is better - Personally I prefer the Black Falcon series by this author more but this is a great read for NA readers :)
Lisa {Silverlight} {Paranormal/Urban Fantasy Reviews}

A paranormal read filled with surprises, twist, and a swoonworthy, tattooed, hot mystery!

A deal with a demon, yep that's what the main character in this book deals with. Natalie, at just five years old make a deal after seeing her mother choking on lunch. As the demon comes to take her soul, Natalie bargains with him. Yes, she's all of five, and so is the demon. So they make a deal, her soul for her mothers, when she turns twenty-one. Years past and the little demonic devil is still at it. Steal
Alyssa
Feb 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Review posted on Hesperia Loves Books

After falling in love with Ms. Valentine’s Black Falcon series, I jumped at the chance I was given, to read this newest book of hers. Demon At My Door was a great introduction for her, into the Paranormal Romance genre. The story concept was unique and refreshing and the character development revealed just enough to keep us turning the pages and wanting more.

Natalie sold her soul when she was 5 years old, to save her mother. After years of psychiatric visit
Reading is my Time Out
Feb 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amazeballs!!!! That is what my exact thoughts are at this moment. I took a break away from my bad boy rockers and went back to my first love.... Paranormal romance! Reading Demon At My Door by Michelle Valentine was like an old married couple renewing their marriage vows. It reminded me why I fell in love with the paranormal genre to begin with. It has action, suspense, love, oh and ..... Demons!!

At first I was thinking... "Ok, has it been too long since I read a paranormal romance and am having
Samli
Feb 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was one epic demonic ride. I loveeeeeed this story and I tried to analyze the plot as I go; everywhere I thought this was heading didn't. The end wasn't exactly a cliffhanger but you're still left with major questions so I'm to assume a wonderful second book is in order. Oh mannnnn let me start of Nat. She's an amazing nutcase and I feel for her. She's strong and is just as much a badass as Rick I just can't wait for her to come into her own. Stew's story is AMAZEBALLS...he's gonna be a for ...more
Akilah Raines
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Why did I wait so long to read this book!!!??? This book was soooooooo good!! I couldn't put it down. It captures your attention right from the beginning. It's remarkable I loved it!!! Now I see why there were so many praises towards Michelle. This book was definitely a page turner. I didn't want to respond to the messages on my phone or pay attention to my show last night. I cannot wait for book two!!! Excellent job Michelle!!! :) :) :)
Leeanne
Feb 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book and for some crazy reason I love her little demon boy. How crazy he's waited for hundreds of years and us following her soul to be with her. Man you got to cut a demon some slack. Loved it - Michelle great stuff . Few twists and turn some things I didn't expect which really kept the pages turning.....
B.J.
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Well written, not a totally unbelieveable paranormal book. Fell in love with Rick from the get go. I hope Michelle writes more paranormal romances like this, because I'll be first in line to read it. Definitely a little bit converted now :)
Elizabeth
Jan 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Although I enjoyed this book, Nat didn't completly do it for me. There was something about her I can't or won't warm up to. Rick is another matter all together, I adore him. I am, however, looking forward to the next book.
Hayley Faiman
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know how to process this..... I hope there is more to come from nat and Rick though!!
Karmen
Feb 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
This Demon can come to my door! My first paranormal romance book--it was a fun, quick read! Loved the characters and the interaction between Natalie and Rick!
Bonney Garbacz
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I effing loved it! I will not give any spoilers! But DAMN! Michelle killed it again! I effing love her! Amazing story line with nice twists and turns!
Brit
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm really surprised in myself that I actually liked this. I'm not a big fan of paranormal. unless it has ghost in it. but I've read this in almost one sitting
Natalie was five years old when she sold her soul to a demon in order to save her mother's life, she didn't understand what she was really giving up but that isn't going to stop the demon from collecting his payment when she reaches her 21st birthday. Ever since she told people about the demon she has been treated as a crazy outcast by her family and by people at school. Her friends turned their backs on her and now she lives a very lonely life. Over the summer she has been dating her ex-friend ...more
Kim
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, faves
A love story with a demonic twist...

I am not usually into demons...I have not even been reading much paranormal. But seriously, Michelle Valentine totally sucked me in with this one!

Maybe it is because not only is it a thrilling story about demons, but it also has a love story, mystery, suspense, complex characters, and an intriguing plotline. There is a love triangle, college-age angst, and a demon issue. Nat has a pesky little problem since she has been marked by a demon since she was a a chil
Lisa
Dec 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Demon at my Door was an interesting book full of twists and turns. Be careful what you say yes to, because your life can be forever changed. Natalie has been trying to live a life of normalcy, but since she gave into that demon boy many years ago, she knows her time is running out.

Poor poor Natalie, is a lonely soul. She is known as the town outcast, and is even snubbed at school because of her known status. Natalie has only a few months left of her natural life, until she fully becomes a Demon
Big Book Little Book
Feb 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Caroline for www.bigbookittlebook.com
Copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review

I first came across Michelle A Valentines’s work via Emma Davies. Tweeting as @BookAngel_Emma she shared how much she was enjoying reading Rock The Band( Black Falcon 1.5), the sequel novella to Michelle’s Rock The Heart (Black Falcon series book 1). Having followed Emma for some time and enjoyed tweeting with her about our mutual love of contemporary new adult fiction, particularly the tattooed bad boys
Becca Booksreview
Feb 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: have-reviewed
Goodreads book Discription:

Natalie's tried numerous times to kill the demon and regain control of her soul’s destiny, but she always falls short. When she decides to try and gain the element of s
Reviewers Wanted! 23 64 May 02, 2013 05:06PM
Whatttt? 2 32 Dec 09, 2012 09:26PM
  • The Submission of Alistair Ingram (Dolls & Doms, #1)
  • Naked Edge
  • Girl Next Door - The Complete Series (Girl Next Door, #1-3)
  • The Soul Mate (The Holy Trinity, #1)
  • The Demon's Song (Hearts of the Fallen, #1)
  • The Dark Prince (Dark Light, #2)
  • Scars and Songs (Mad World, #3)
  • Dark Wings (The Never Dark, #1)
  • Vengeance (The Pirate, #3)
  • Just One Night (Decadence Creek, #1)
  • The Seven Devils
  • Star-Crossed
  • Bluffing the Devil (Nuhra Saga, #1)
  • Save My Soul (Save My Soul, #1)
  • Azazel (Fallen Angel, #1)
  • Nets and Lies
  • A Very Naughty Xmas
  • Soul Ties (Soul Ties, #1)
**Please direct all inquires to my website as I don't check messages on this site: www.michelleavalentine.com **

New York Times and USA Today Best Selling Author Michelle A. Valentine is a Central Ohio nurse turned author of erotic romance and New Adult novels. Her love of hard-rock music, tattoos and sexy musicians inspired her BLACK FALCON series.

Follow Michelle on Facebook: https://www.facebook.
More about Michelle A. Valentine

Demon At My Door (2 books)
  • Demon in My Bed (Demon at My Door, #2)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Scandalous Liaisons
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Story of O
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Unleashed (Ross Siblings #1)
    $3.99 $0.00
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“You belong to me now, and I'll be back to get yo after your twenty-first birthday, when the time is right. No one else can touch you until then and I'll always be around to make sure.” 7 likes