Start by marking “The Final Arrangement (Flower Shop Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
The Final Arrangement (Flower Shop Mystery #1)

The Final Arrangement

(Flower Shop Mystery #1)

The Vulture is dead.

The body of Quincy McKay’s nemesis and biggest competitor in the floral business has just been discovered in a casket at the mortuary, complete with flowers on the lid.

Derrick Gibbons, aka The Vulture, stole all of Quincy’s funeral business, and now she’s on a mission to get it back. But there’s a problem—Quincy is now the main suspect in The Vulture’s
Published November 28th 2012 by Annie Whittaker

To ask other readers questions about The Final Arrangement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Final Arrangement

Jilly
So, it wasn't a bad book. It was fine. I think if someone was considering becoming a florist, they would really like it. But, I really don't care that much about flowers or the florist business. Flowers are pretty. Florists exchange flowers for money. That's all I know... well, until now. But, that was all I really needed to know. Or wanted to know. I was comfortable in my floral ignorance.

This book seriously got bogged down with details of everything flower. I can maybe handle a paragraph of fl
Julie
Jul 18, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, cozy-mystery
The Final Arrangement ( Flower Shop Mystery #1) by Annie Adam is a 2013 publication.

This is a fast paced cozy mystery featuring Quincy McKay, the owner of a flower shop, divorced from an abusive husband, living in Utah, just trying to get a little bit ahead like the rest of us. But, for Quincy, who has has a habit of speaking first and thinking later, it seems life's circumstances are stacked against her.

For starters, her rival in the flower shop business, Derrick Gibbons, is murdered after ha
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
3.5 solid stars! Posted on the blog - http://lilypondreads.blogspot.com/201...

The Final Arrangement is the first book in The Flower Shop Mystery series and was a really fun ride. Quincy McKay owns a flower shop. When her arch nemesis who stole all her funeral business ends up dead and discovered in a casket at the mortuary - it opens up an opportunity for Quincy to get it all back. Unfortunately for Quincy, she is the last one who saw Derrick Gibbons alive and is now the prime suspect in his mur
Michele Mattos
I did not like this book. At all. It was available (and I think it still is) for free on Amazon and I finally decided to read it for the Indie Readathon. Sometimes I find hidden gems on the free section on Amazon, unfortunately this was not the case. I knew it was a gamble, I just didn't know it was this bad.

This book was boring, the main character was annoying and the overall plot just didn't interest me. In this one Quincy, our main character, owns a flower shop that used to be her grandmother
Natalie Grange
Jan 01, 2013 rated it liked it
I wish I could give half stars I'd love to make this 3.5. This is cute story. I found myself connecting with the characters and the plot. Funny and serious, I found myself rushing home to see what Quincy got herself into today. Congrats Annie!
There was quite a bit of flower shop jargon, which I might have enjoyed a little more if I knew what the flowers looked like, or what the arrangements looked like....
DJ Sakata
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book so much I couldn't stop reading, even when I was laughing so hard I could not see the words. I finished it in a day. Her humor sneaks up on you, I read some passages more than once and was still chuckling and giggling when I thought about it later. I loved the feisty KC and hope/aspire to be just like her when I reach that age. She covered some serious topics as well, and dealt with them well. Ms Adams is a keen observer of her community, and I am thankful!
Isabel
Enjoyed this book, Quincy is a funny, brave & her thinking is sometimes so confusing (love that about her). She could be one of your girlfriends. Love hunky Alex. I Will be reading more of this series.
Roberta
May 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenge
The main character Quincy is always getting into trouble. This book isa funny laugh out loud book and I can't wait to read the next one.
Heather
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Quincy is a great heroine, and the story gives the perfect blend of mystery and romance!
Patricia
Jun 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
A fun, easy read . . . perfect for a day at the beach or on a plane.

No sex
No violence
(murders are mentioned after the fact)
Rosie Mazariegos
I had so much fun reading this book! I loved the characters and can't wait for the next book to come out!
Elaine
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ready for the next book and more Alex
JoAnne McMaster (Any Good Book)
First off, I have to say that I absolutely hate it when the blurb is misleading. Her "blunt-speaking elderly friend" doesn't show up until almost two-thirds of the book is gone, and her ex never makes an appearance. So there's that...

Anyway, I picked up this book in a weak moment, hoping to really enjoy it, but it almost lost me on the first page when I read that she runs her aunt's floral shop but the air conditioning broke. It's a floral shop. No air conditioning. I can only conclude that ther
Lori Henrich
Jan 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Quincy has taken over her Aunt Rosie's flower shop while she travels the globe. Business hasn't been great since Derrick opened his shop and taken over alot of the funeral business from her. When Derrick is found dead in one of the caskets at the funeral home, Quincy finds herself as a suspect. Between being a suspect, things being set on fire at her home and strange men following her van around trying to run her off the road; Quincy is not sure which end is up. Then you add the growing interest ...more
Rosalee
May 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quincy McKay is single, Mormon, and has taken over her Aunt Rose's florist shop. Problem is, Derek Gibbons seems to have somehow secured a corner on the floral business and then he ends up dead. The down side is that Quincy is the main suspect - she did have a motive and threatened him; the up side is that the police oficer who shows up, Alex, is gorgeous. Unfortunately, he's not Mormon and that's a problem because Quincy likes him. As Quincy tries to figure out who killed Derek and get herself ...more
Kate Eileen Shannon
THE FINAL ARRANGEMENT by Annie Adams is Book One in the Cozy Flower Shop Mystery Series and I hope there are many more. There is so much going on in the life of flower shop owner, Quincy (Quinella – but say at your peril) McKay, you almost forget there was a dead body at the beginning. A florist who had stolen Quincy’s lucrative funeral home account and was last seen alive in an argument with Quincy. Uh oh, not good. But between incompetent employee, scantily clad employee, sister beaten by boyf ...more
April Schilling
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very cute story! Fun little mystery with some good characters. Can't wait to read the next one!
Brooke Showalter (Brooke Blogs)
The Final Arrangement is the first book in the new Flower Shop Mystery Series. I absolutely loved it! Quincy McKay is an intelligent, stubborn character and I felt I could relate to her right from the beginning. She is just trying to ‘glide’ through life unnoticed for the most part, when her life becomes tangled up with the death of a fellow florist and things start to get out of control. For Quincy, being in control of her situation as well as her emotions is something that’s very important. Un ...more
Angie Boyter
ALMOST a winner. This new series says it is for fans of Janet Evanovich, and that is a good match. The setting is promising---a young woman owns a florist shop in a Utah town. The author can and does do some fun (but, I think respectful) things with the Mormon influence. The large Mormon typical family gives lots of room for interesting interactions. There are some quirky characters, such as the middle-aged former schoolbus driver whom the heroine hires to drive her delivery van.

Overall the plot
Sara
Apr 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quincy McKay has her own floral shop which is doing pretty well, but then The Vulture starts making deals and taking business away from the other florists in the area. Is she PO'd? Oh yeah...and while she'd love for The Vulture to just go away, being pegged as a suspect in his murder wasn't what she had in mind.

Quincy is sassy, to her Mormon mother's dismay, but that attitude is what she needs to do her own sleuthing. Meeting up with a hunky cop is the icing on the cake.

I enjoyed this book and l
Angela (Kentuckybooklover) Brocato-Skaggs
Let me start off that I don't think this was a bad book. It just was not for me, whether it was the timing or because I am not a huge fan of floral mysteries.

The mystery was good. I could not figure out the killer until it was revealed and that I really enjoyed. The romance was ok but felt a bit over the top. I would have mush rather preferred more get to know you interaction between them. There were a few characters throughout the book that I am still try figuring out if they were truly necessa
Julia
Jul 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
This was a solid cozy mystery. The flower shop setting was interesting. The mystery was complicated, but all made sense in the end. Quincy was a likable character. My only complaint about her was how insecure she was in her budding relationship with Alex. I hope that in the next book, she becomes more confident with Alex.
Trudy
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Final Arrangement was engaging and well-written. It could have been trimmed down a bit, as some of the minor characters and sub-plots got a bit confusing from time to time, but it was basically a very entertaining cozy mystery. It's quite a good first novel. I look forward to seeing Annie Adams develop her series.
Renae
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense, first-reads
I won this book from a first reads giveaway.

I thought this book was great. It's sort of chick lit meets mystery. The story line was great and just when I thought I knew who did it, I'd turn the page and my mind would change. A very well written book. I can't wait to read the next one in the series.
Joni
Jun 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A laugh-out-loud (at times) funny, romantic, murder mystery. An attractive, divorced struggling florist who is a suspect in the murder of a rival florist, meets sexy new-in-town cop. Let the fun begin.
Angel
Jun 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this cozy mystery built around a flower shop in Utah. The characters were well defined and fun. There were a few grammar and spelling issues and a weird typo that involved quite a few words having "Derrick" stuck in the middle of them. I would read more by this author.
4rocks
Feb 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-own-read
Some laugh out loud moments. Ever gotten up close and personal with a corpse? Is the cop you are seeing a good guy or bad guy? Just another day for this florist.
Linda Look
Fast reading, light mystery. Reminds me of Stephanie Bond boods--a little humor mixed in with the story. I rate it a 3.5
Donna
Jun 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was another freebie from BookBub (amazon). Enjoyed it - a 1day read, and I would read more in this series.
Karen Moffatt
Feb 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, sassy and surprising. Can't wait for the next one!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: This topic has been closed to new comments. The Final Arrangement 1 3 Feb 23, 2013 06:29PM

• Accidentally Yours
  • Digging Up Death (Mari Duggins Mystery, #1)
  • Do not Disturb (Pennyfoot Hotel #2)
  • A Dash of Murder (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #1)
  • Murder Passes the Buck (Gertie Johnson, #1)
  • Death on a Deadline ( Sleuthing Sisters Mystery)
  • Dead Is the New Black (Fashion Avenue Mysteries, #1)
  • The Breakup
  • Field of Schemes
  • Jane Doe's Return
  • For Internal Use Only
  • A Dyeing Shame (Myrtle Clover Mysteries, #3)
  • Death by Drowning (Josiah Reynolds Mysteries, #2)
  • The Mother Load
  • Heaven Preserve Us (Home Crafting Mystery, #2)
  • Maui Widow Waltz (Islands of Aloha Mystery, #1)
  • K.A.R.M.A
  • Round Robin
Annie Adams is the author of THE FINAL ARRANGEMENT, book one in The Flower Shop Mystery series. She lives with her husband, two giant dogs, and two too giant cats in Northern Utah at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains. When not writing she can be found arranging flowers or delivering them in her own Zombie Delivery Van.

Flower Shop Mystery (4 books)
  • Deadly Arrangements (Flower Shop Mystery #2)
  • A Christmas Arrangement (Flower Shop Mystery #3)
  • So Then There Were None: a Tale of Ten Little Bridesmaids (Flower Shop Mystery #4)
“A colleague had been murdered, my driver and van had been through a hit-and-run, my sister had been beat up by her boyfriend who then set a bag of poop on fire on my porch, and then did the same to my prized hydrangea bush. I’d met a handsome police officer, found out my dead colleague had been cooking the books, I’d accidentally eavesdropped on a love affair, and I had groped a corpse. Pretty impressive for forty-eight hours.” 1 likes
“I woke up just before the alarm sounded, snuck in a few sit-ups (maybe a few would be an exaggeration; a couple—well one full sit-up really, but it was a good one)” 1 likes