Start by marking “Christmas in Magnolia Cove (New Beginnings, #5)” as Want to Read:
Christmas in Magnolia Cove (New Beginnings, #5)

Christmas in Magnolia Cove (New Beginnings #5)

3.48  ·  Rating details ·  350 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
Madison Carter's life is perfect, or so she thinks. As the top interior designer in Atlanta, clients are clamoring to work with her. She has the town's most eligible and handsome bachelor, Connor Strickland, all wrapped up and ready to marry her. Best of all, she's left her tormented past back in Magnolia Cove. When she uncovers a secret about her fiance, she flees back to ...more
Published November 26th 2012 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published October 31st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas in Magnolia Cove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas in Magnolia Cove

Jenn
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
This was one of my d/l last year when I first got my Kindle. I hope I didn't pay for it. I don't generally like short stories (or novellas or whatever we're calling them this week), so I should have paid more attention and noticed that's what this was. Since it's less than a week until Christmas, I figured I'd make this my gym read. It was a very quick read. So I guess it has that going for it. But it was...just dumb. Girl moves back to her home town, a place she's been avoiding for years, and s ...more
Twyla
Dec 10, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I did not thinj much of this story. It was clipped and truncated, or whatever the word I am thinking of is to describe the style of writing. It was too abrupt or something. I didn't like the way the bully got to be the love interest either, it was like making it ok to be a bully when you're a stupid dumb kid because you grow out of it. That i find more than wrong.
Someone tell me why I still read christmas romances when love is a bunch of nonsense fantasy that no more exists than fairies and chri
Anne OK
Dec 12, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2014-reads
I was hoping for a holiday romance with lots of Christmas spirit -- but this one lacked on all points. A major case of silliness and immaturity boiled into an insta-case of lust and confessions of love. Bah Humbug!
Jackie
While this is not a book would read again it does have a few good points to offer.

The themes of forgiveness and keeping the lines of communication open to avoid misunderstandings came through loud and clesr. In their turn the importance of being careful with others feelings and not judging others for their differences were major points of value.

The romance pairing was for me, as it apparently is for others also, just a little strange if not actually out of the realms of possibility as people do
Lisa Metlak
(Review by Lisa Metlak of Editor's Cove)

Madison Carter left Magnolia Cove and never looked back. Her life in Atlanta was perfect with a wonderful fiancé and a successful business - until one day when she came home to find her fiancé in bed with another woman. Madison did the only thing she could do: she went home to Magnolia Cove. Along with the pain of betrayal, Madison must now deal with her mother's illness, an angry sister, and the pain of memories from being bullied as a child. When fate an
Jaime K
Dec 29, 2012 rated it liked it
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway.
And I'd really give it 3.5 stars, but GR doesn't allow half stars.

Madison leaves her home in Atlanta and heads back to her childhood home of Magnolia Cove after catching her fiance in bed with another woman. Now Maddie must face the triggers of her past - former bullies and animosity from her sister.

It's a romance novella, so the writing is choppy and very fast-paced. I like my romances with more buildup. It also leaves gaps in character development.

With
Christy Smith
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet book.. We all change through the years

We all change through the years so for the better and some for the worse. We have to learn how to truly forgive one another. To forgive is to forget the pain others cause.
Margaret
Christmas in Magnolia Cove

Book Description

When she uncovers a secret about her fiance, she flees back to her family in Magnolia Cover - to a mother who loves her, a sister who despises her
Rainbowblu
Madison Carter, a very successful interior decorator in Atlanta found her fiancé, Connor in bed with another woman. What should she do? Strong feelings of being bullied during her teenage years flood her insides and take over. She has to run away again. She decides to go back home to Magnolia Cove where she hopes to find time and peace to heal from her broken heart. Little did she know that she was going to have to face the man who had been the cause of all those hurt feelings during High School ...more
Heather Felder
**My FULL REVIEW here**

I have a thing for "cheesy" Christmas movies and books. No idea why, but, I do. When I saw Christmas in Magnolia Cove for free on Amazon, I immediately downloaded it. This book fits in very nicely into the "cheesy" category.

Madison flees her childhood home in Magnolia Cove after being bullied all through her school years. She moves to Atlanta, becomes one of the top professionals in her field (interior design) and is engaged to be married. Life is going pretty good, final
Nancy
Nov 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christmas in Magnolia Cove is another fantastic book written by Rachel Hanna.

This is the story of a girl named Madison, who had been bullied throughout school. Madison left Magnolia Cove right after high school to attend college and escape the pain she had endured from the bullying.

After Madison finished college she started her own, very successful, interior design company in Atlanta. One afternoon she went to the home she shared with her fiancée and found him in bed with another woman. Madiso
Sandi Ramirez
I really enjoyed this book. It brought back a lot of high school memories LOL
The girl bullied in school leaves town to get away from all the bullies only to have to come back home when she discovers her fiancee' cheating in her own bed. She packs up and goes home to family ...her Mom of course. Come read to find out why her sister is upset she is there and like in life we don't always see what is happening around us....Especially in our teenage years.

I love all the books about Magnolia Cove and
Elly Helcl
May 06, 2013 rated it liked it
So, let me explain how this book lost two stars for me...

1. The beginning sucked. No really...the first 20% of the book was choppy and just flat out boring to read. I found myself wondering if the author was forced to write this book or something...

2. The story progresses at lightening speed once the author decides to start writing a story she can enjoy writing...but it goes way too fast for me.

This book just felt like it was rushed into being published before it was finished.

However, it was a
Annette
I liked this enough to finish it, but it was not my favorite. I love Christmas stories - and Christmas romances are the best. Madison returns home after a huge disappointment in her life. When she arrives home in her small town, she is dealing with memories from the past and disheartening news from the present.

One of the issues with novellas, things happen way too fast to be realistic. In this one, things are faster than the speed of light. We go from heartbroken and wanting to go back to her ex
4rocks
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
This was an okay story. Madison,runs back to her hometown, even though she has vowed not to due to her horrible time in highschool, after she catches her finance cheating on her. She buys the house she dreamed of owning, but it needs lots of work. Wyatt, the bully that made her life hell in high school, is the remodeler. Madison wants nothing to do with him, and refuses to believe everyone grows up, and some people mature. Wyatt works his butt off trying to prove he isn't the same person. Finall ...more
SOMDReigel
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
Not my type of book. I struggled to finish it. Main character is full of self-pity and refuses to move on from the past. She is supposedly a successful designer. She behaves as a teenager with people from her past, with her disagreement with her sister, and upon learning that a former “plain Jane” friend got married before her. If you like lead female character to be strong this is NOT the book for you.
Loverlypurple
I really enjoyed this book. I could totally relate to Madison's school experience and it really made me think of how much emotion I still hold inside about that time in my life. Really this was a more profound read for me than I intended it to be. It really open my eyes to letting go of all the negative feelings that are only hurting me.
Sharon Rudolph
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book

The Magnolia Cove series has been a great series! Every book has kept me captivated and this book was no different! I loved the characters and the storyline was wonderful!
Sally Malkowski
A quick, fun Christmas read. Characters include a male gay hunk and a male former bully - both personality traits hot button issues currently. Not sure of the target audience but prob geared better for pre-twenty-somethings than folks in their seventies!
Michelle Dodge
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love at its finest

Madison comes home after breaking up with her fiancée. She decides to buy a house and the contractor's partner is someone who bullied her in high school. This story is about love, forgiveness and family.
valeria
Dec 05, 2014 rated it liked it
was ok, to bad that Samantha not have her story
Angela
Jan 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Not the best writing ever, but a good story. :)
Wendy
Jan 01, 2014 marked it as didn-t-finish
Shelves: 2013
Writing in need of tightening. An opening that was mostly throat-clearing, and not enough tension or stakes in the early going. Abandoned in chapter one.
Tara
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
awesome book
Brittney
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was the perfect short little christmas read! I adored it so much!
Hattie Vojvodich
Oct 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
A very predictable short story. Good enough to finish but wouldn't brag about reading it.
Becky Pierce
Dec 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story - short - easy to read, but a great story! People change - you can't hold the past against people.
Melissa Vasel
Dec 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Read, but hopeless romantic at heart. Love this story!
Tamm Frederick
Way too much of the book was spent on the pain of being cheated on, bullied, and character building...
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
The Free Book Cha...: Christmas in Magnolia Cove ~ Thoughts while reading? 2 22 Apr 29, 2013 02:00PM
  • Be Mine For Christmas
  • Mistletoe Mischief (Romancing Wisconsin, #1)
  • Enchanted (Merry Nicholas, #2)
  • Jingle This!
  • Loveable Christmas Angel (Angels with Attitude, #3)
  • Save Me, Santa
  • Forever Christmas
  • Cowboys and Angels (Aspen, #3)
  • A Boyfriend Before Christmas
  • Emilie's Christmas Love
  • Santa Wore Combat Boots
  • The Secret Christmas Ciphers
  • Holiday Kisses
  • A Spy for Christmas
  • Diary of a Mall Santa
  • Advent
  • Christmas Babies (Holiday Babies)
  • An Evergreen Christmas
Hey there! Before I tell you all about myself, can I invite you to join my private Rachel's Readers Facebook group? That's where my readers hang out, discuss my books, participate in giveaways and learn about new releases.

You can join us here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rache...

So who am I? My name is Rachel Hanna, and I am a wife, mother of three incredible kids (maybe I am a BIT biased?), t
More about Rachel Hanna

New Beginnings (6 books)
  • Messages (New Beginnings, #1)
  • Second Chance: Tanner & Shannon (New Beginnings, #2)
  • Love in the Falls: Sam & Camden (New Beginnings, #3)
  • Safe: Aidan & Carly (New Beginnings, #4)
  • Broken (New Beginnings, #6)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Bend in the Road
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Flame and the Flower (Birmingham)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be