Start by marking “Windows of the Soulless (Soulless #1)” as Want to Read:
Windows of the Soulless (Soulless #1)

Windows of the Soulless

(Soulless #1)

Neither purely good nor darkly evil, Nicolas Rider struggles to find a balance between the human he was and the vampire he is now. But somewhere in the midst of the constant sarcastic bickering with a rival vampire, protecting his best friend, and fighting off werewolves along with the more dangerous nomadic vampires, he manages to fall for the only vampire he is not meant ...more
Published November 10th 2012 by Vendera Publishing (first published November 8th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Windows of the Soulless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Windows of the Soulless

Bex 'n' Books
Jul 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Reviewer: Sarah Jane
Rating: 5 out of 5 Fairies

Windows of the Soulless is about a man who constantly tries to be human, even as a vampire and always aims to do the right thing. However, he has and does have a terrible time with tragedy.

I thought this book seemed really dark to begin with, but I still persevered, and to be honest, it was nothing like I thought. It was deep and thrilling, and I swear, I had it open for two days straight. I love how the main character tries to keep his good manners
Cheryl M-M
Mar 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
The author portrays the main character as someone who has two distinct personalities within him and he is fighting to control both. Each of those personalities is trying to gain the upper hand at all times. One personality represents the humanity left within him. The person who doesn't want to kill and allows himself to show mercy towwards others. The other personality is the vampire, the hunter, the killer and the one that will destroy at the mere smell of blood.
Obviously this also means that t
Autumn
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received this book to give an honest review.
This is a different kind of take on a vampire. You have Nicolas who is a vampire and tries very hard to keep his humanity even though it is hard. I do like how he does not like to kill or feed from children. But as we know a vampire trying to keep his humanity is hard to do, especially when you are a creature of the night.
I liked how when Nicolas would get upset his English accent would come out, how hot is that.
There are werewolves within the story
Jennifer  Davis
Oct 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was given an e-copy in exchange for my honest review.

Nichols Rider is the main character in the book. He is a handsome vamp that is torn between human and a vampire ways. One part of him longs for being human again, the other loves the rush of the hunt vampire side.

He is set in his ways of how thing should be done, follow the rules to survive.....until it comes to the one girl that is forbidden. He has tried his best to do what is right, but there is only so much he can fight it when he find
Irayda Moran (Quezada)
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: yes

I always get excited when I am about to read a vampire novel.. Plus look at this cover, sexy and mysterious.

In Windows of the Soulless we meet Nicolas an old fashion vampire who strives to hold onto his humanity. But it is not an easy thing to do. Being a vampire and keeping your humanity is a tough job. A vampire must kill to survive, that is the only way. There is no room for human emotions. But Nicolas has rules. Who he kills and who he will feed from.

I loved Nicolas. He was as strong and fea
Gaston Sanders
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very graphic, intense, and gripping novel...

This is the way a vampire novel should be written. The characters were very well developed and the storyline was interesting and original. There were variations on the characters personas with everything from the meek and innocent to the depraved and devilish. Nicolas was not totally without morals, but I did have to look for them.
The only criticism that I have is that I don't like first person writing. That's just a personal preference, so I guess it'
Tara Harkless
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampire-lore
Being a fan of vampire books and fantasy genre in general, I was very excited to read this book. The author did not disappoint!! I enjoyed the world that she created and loved the internal struggle of the main character, Nicolas. He is not your normal, run of the mill vampire and I found myself deep in this book and unable to put it down until I finished it.

I recommend this to anyone who is a fan of vampire lore. Looking forward to the next installment from Ms. Owens!!
Tfields
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was a wonderful surprise. I’m not usually a vampire fan but after several friends told me about it, I decide to give it a try and I am so glad I did. Nicolas is witty, sexy, and fierce. There are fights that had my heart pounding and romance that had my skin heating up. I couldn’t put it down! The only negative is that now I have to wait for the second book to come out.
Crissy
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great read from start to finish. Don't really read vampire novels but after seeing the reviews on amazon I couldn't resist. I own it on my kindle and on paperback too! Can't wait for book 2 to come out!!
Courtney
Mar 12, 2013
Cindy
Mar 18, 2013
Olivia Owens
Mar 21, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommended to Olivia by: http://www.goodreads.com/author/confi...
Jenny Towery
Shelve of books
Apr 17, 2017
Andra Tarnauceanu
Jan 13, 2018
The freelance writer, Olivia Owens wears many hats with her two degrees and a full time mother gig. Sometimes, she is even brave and wears an actual hat but not often. Sarcastic and witty, she isn’t afraid to make others laugh, even at her fake British accent. Her competitive nature drives her to make every book her best but she still realizes that nobody is perfect… that’s why there is spell chec ...more

Soulless (2 books)
  • Without Shadows (Soulless #2)