Start by marking “Prodigy (Legend, #2)” as Want to Read:
Prodigy (Legend, #2)

Prodigy

(Legend #2)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  186,241 ratings  ·  14,342 reviews
June and Day arrive in Vegas just as the unthinkable happens: the Elector Primo dies, and his son Anden takes his place. With the Republic edging closer to chaos, the two join a group of Patriot rebels eager to help Day rescue his brother and offer passage to the Colonies. They have only one requestJune and Day must assassinate the new Elector. Its their chance to change t ...more
Audiobook, 371 pages
Published January 29th 2013 by Penguin Audiobooks

To ask other readers questions about Prodigy, please sign up.
Ana Goddy is like the British equivalence to "bloody" it's a word used for exasperation. There is another meaning behind it but you would have to ask…moreGoddy is like the British equivalence to "bloody" it's a word used for exasperation. There is another meaning behind it but you would have to ask someone else about that. (less)

·  186,241 ratings  ·  14,342 reviews

Nick
____________________________________________

“Love is illogical, love had consequences--I did this to myself, and I should be able to take it.”

____________________________________________

☆☆☆☆☆5 WHOLY STARS!☆☆☆☆☆

Marie Lu never disappoints .I had really high expectations for this sequel and they were all met.This may not be my best review,because I am still under the obsession of "Outlander",so I might miss some parts or mess something.I am ready for the finale "Champion"!

Prodigy is an act
Kiki
Huge thanks to Julianna Helms for loaning me her ARC. Everybody go and give Julianna a cyber hug right now. GO.

So today I was standing around in the kitchen in my underwear frosting cupcakes, and as I stared vacantly out of the window over the sink, I wondered, "What if I looked up and there was a zombie standing out there?"

I frequently wonder this. Call me crazy, but when I finally peel myself away from my manuscript at about 3:30 in the morning and I let the dog out one last time, I bristle an
Steph Sinclair
Feb 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of action books that keeps you on the edge of your seat

Actual rating: 4.5 stars

Well, well, well. Here I am yet again eating my words. A year ago, when I read Legend, I complained about the world building. Mind you, I did think it was a fast-paced, exciting read, but it felt incomplete as a dystopian novel because I couldn't fully visualize how the society fit into the world as a whole. By the end, I was left with so many questions about how everything functioned. I felt like Marie Lu was purposefully keeping secrets from me just to string me along
Emily May

^My thoughts on having to wait a whole year for the next book. I've been so pleasantly surprised by my long-awaited January sequels, first Through the Ever Night, then Everbound... and now Prodigy has come in and turned a series I was on the fence about into one where I anxiously obsess over what will happen in the next installment. Marie Lu really focuses on developing her characters here, whilst still exploring the politics of her dystopian society and introducing one really evil twist to th
Wendy Darling
Wow, what a fun sequel! If assassination plots and stealing fighter jets weren't enough, I'd read it for the *whispers* bathtub scene alone.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Well that ending is a really sad thing. I'm hoping something can change in the last book =(

June and Day are sneaking their way into Vegas. They meet up with The Patriots and Tess. Day gets some new armor so to speak. They make plans to assassinate the new Elector, Anden. But . . . not everything is as it seems and maybe, just maybe, Anden can be trusted. Although, in this world it's really hard to trust any one.

June goes undercover so to speak and finds out some information, the kind she wasn'
Kristalia
Final rating: 4.75/5 stars

“He is beauty, inside and out.
He is my light.”

WHY.THE.HELL.DID.I.READ.THIS.NOW???? It's killing me to wait another year for third book! Killing me i say!!! Especially after a booooooooooooooooooom ending like that T_____T It's going to be tortureeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! And i need next book nooooooooow!!!!!! I should have waited for the last book to come out!
Oh and ending:
#i was not expecting this

__________________________
Elena
Aug 27, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
❝He is beauty inside and out.
He is my light.❞

I completely loved Legend. 4 stars, but I still enjoyed it. I loved Marie's The Young Elites and The Rose Society and I needed more of her writing since I had to wait for the 3rd book to publish, still am. And after reading Legend, I was glad I didn't have to wait to read the rest of the trilogy. I did wait even though I owned the books, but I think we all have been in that situation where you want to f
Helen 2.0
3.5 stars - BR with Lian.

When you imagine the fall of the US as a democracy, what kind of state do you think will emerge?
I imagine one of two options are most likely.
1) A fascist surveillance state - nothing is private, nothing is your choice, your every move is strictly directed and monitored by a governing force (possibly the military). Very little personal freedom.
2) A state ruled by money - as David Mitchell calls it in Cloud Atlas, a corporacracy. Every part of your life is determined b
Sasha Alsberg
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book was amazing. the ending was bittersweet, i cried. Marie Lu knows how to make you feel for a character. the ending. Day. Oh my gosh just so surprising. Day/ Daniel was such an inspiration! just wow. and June was such a strong character, she was even a strong willed character in her weakest moments. Just go get this book! its worth every penny!
Giselle
Feb 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, arc
It was great to be reunited with Day and June again after so long. I believe Legend was the very first ARC I ever read, before I even knew what an ARC was (I won it) so it's a bit special to me. I easily found my way back into this story even after so long; a feat in of itself considering my lack of memory (it's scary how much I forget by the time a sequel releases). Prodigy lives up to its predecessor, maybe even surpassing it with the incredible progress in the world development--which was som ...more
Liam
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I AM AN EMOTIONAL WRECK RIGHT NOW I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY

basically, this book did NOT disappoint but it did destroy me

I'll admit it did take me longer to get into than Legend but when I got hooked I literally couldn't put this book down

June and Day will be the death of me that is all I have to say about them

I loved the turn the story has taken in this book, the plot has thickened massively and I love it!! The action scenes are so well written that you can literally visualise it all perfec
Dija
Mar 13, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of politics, long narrations, teenage angst, and love triangles.
2.7/5 stars

Prodigy was one of my most anticipated sequels of 2013. Unfortunately, it might be one of the most disappointing reads of the year as well, for the following reasons:

1. The beginning bored me to death. The recap was lacking and I felt lost reading the story for a very long time. Also, the first half was unbearably slow. I kept skimming through large chunks of the narration in hopes that the pace would eventually pick up but it took over 50% for the action to really get going.

2. The
Christine Riccio
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
SO GOOD. Action packed and heart wrenching. Flew through it.
Just uploaded my booktalk, review/reaction/discussion, yesterday! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF9xWm...
Kai
Apr 17, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, 2018
“Day, the boy from the streets with nothing except the clothes on his back and the earnestness in his eyes, owns my heart.”

I must have read Legend three, maybe four years ago. Luckily websites like Recaptains have detailed summaries of such books, so I didn't have to reread the whole book again.
I know that I really liked the first book in this series, but I think I might just be over this dystopian YA trope. Don't get me wrong: I love YA and I love dystopian fiction but I think I might have like
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink

^^^Yes I've read this series twice now and if you have read the third book, you can take a guess at why I'm drenched in my own tears..

The first book was good- cute, nothing amazingly spectacular but enough to make me really take an interest in the ch
Simona Bartolotta
Stayed up late in the night to finish this one. Result: tears swelling in my eyes. Not from lack of sleep.
Breathtakingly beatiful. Review tomorrow. I need to sleep on it.

Tomorrow:

"After an eternity, I swallow hard. I will not cry. Love is illogical, love has consequences- I did this to myself, and I should be able to take it. So take it, June."

So. That ending.

June was like

And Day was like

description

And the both of them were like

description

And it's better if I don't tell you what I was like because the image of that b
Ferdy
2.5 stars - Spoilers

Disappointing. Prodigy reminded me too much of The Hunger Games, and not in a good way. Also, I hated Day and the dumb love square.

-What's what: After June and Day escaped from the evul-but-not-actually-all-that-evul-Republic, they joined the not-so-evul-but-secretly-evul-Patriots.
Also, June was given the task to assassinate the new Elector of the Republic. And Day reunited with his childhood friend, Tess… And then moaned about his life. Good times.

-June was a decent enough
Dec 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No, seriously this organ in my chest, I don't need it. That's not a spoiler, that's a warning. This book is such a riveting installment, but be warned that it will not pull at your heart strings, rather it will pluck them until they break.
Okay, I love June. She's a fantastic heroine. A little too young, but I get Lu's reasons for making her 15.
The reason I gave this four instead of five stars, well there's a couple. The first is I didn't love Day as much in this book, and I really needed to. H
Chloe
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is even better then the first book! I really enjoyed June in this book a lot more than I did in the last one, I am really looking forward to reading the next book but I don't want it to end:(
Emily
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was fantastic!!!! I was cheering towards the end and rooting for June and Day. I am even digging and falling for Anden and his good heart. I hope he doesn't change in the last book and turn out to be one of the bad guys!!
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
W O W THE FEELS THO.

This was jam packed with action and ALL OF THE FEELS. Like I literally was punched in the gut a few times. omg. I just can't.
Mizuki
Things you need to know before reading my review:

(1) I'd read Legend last year, it's my first ever Marie Lu's book, and right after reading I've decided to blacklist this author and her books. However, after finding a copy of the Chinese translation of Prodigy in the library, I'd decided, despite of my lack of enjoyment with the first book, to give this series a second chance, hoping Marie Lu would proof me wrong.

(2) I can appreciate Marie Lu for trying to deliver some political messages and try
Kyle
May 04, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish

Did not finish! Just too much of a romance novel for me to stomach finishing it.

I really understand the importance of character development. But chapter after chapter of how much Day misses June or how Tess feels about Day or how jealous she is of Tess or how June misses Day just doesn't make a good story for me. I finally found myself looking for other things to do rather than picking up the book to read. That's a bad sign so I decided it was time to put this one down and move on to something e

Aj the Ravenous Reader
I may have incurred a heart related illness after reading this. My heart constantly kept bouncing up and down, back and forth the whole time I was reading this.

If this book were a movie, I would be jumping off my seat and loudly cheering on the characters I've come to admire and respect.(Day and June have now officially become my most beloved dystopian pair.)

The feelings were so hard to contain, I should be allowed to let one escape so- "woohooo!!! Kaede!!!, you're yet one of the most unforget
Nasom
Oct 01, 2017 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopian
DNF @ 30%

I tried but I just couldn’t. First of all, it was really slow and I’ve heard it gets better but I’m not patient enough. Maybe if I had liked a character, I would have tried going on but I didn’t. I did like Day in the first one but his romance with June was honestly annoying and I found myself rolling my eyes anytime they did anything romantic or anytime they thought about each other which was pretty much all the time. This is like the first book I’ve read where I didn’t like the romanc
Emma
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Where should I start? This trilogy is so action-packed and I always need to hold my breath because I have no idea what'll happen when I turn the next page. If you haven't read Legend, GO READ IT. The characters are amazing and the plot is so genious! This gets easily 5 stars from me. There are so many twists that everytime you think everything's good, something happens. That's why I couldn't put this down.

Now I'll go to the SPOILERS. If you haven't yet read Prodigy and don't want to be spoiled,
Katerina Kondrenko
5 out of 10

Ревью в моем блоге/This review on my blog
Living A Thousand Lives

Short-Soundtrack:
Kings Of Leon – Closer
Florence And The Machine – Breath Of Life
Rae Morris – Don't Go

Genre: dystopia, YA
Stuff: rebels vs. government
Fail: too young MCs
WOW: action-scenes (hard to believe, but nice to go through)
POV: 1st-person, she/he
Love-Geometry: a lot of it

Quote-Core:
may ➹
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
me knowing full well what’s going to happen in this book and still choosing to read it anyways:

Anden and June 15 146 Sep 10, 2019 01:44PM
You Are Never Too...: Legend (Legend #1 - #3)- August 2, 2019 33 8 Aug 22, 2019 10:48PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Prodigy (Legend #2) By Marie Lu - Restarting April 3rd 2018 275 350 Apr 20, 2018 01:16PM
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Prodigy [Feb 23, 2018] 24 31 Mar 13, 2018 11:12PM
YA Book Cafe : Prodigy by Marie Lu 1 2 Jan 18, 2018 01:23PM
Around the Year i...: Prodigy, by Marie Lu 1 13 Jan 28, 2017 01:46PM
YA Book Club : Ethan and Bridgett read Prodigy! 35 112 May 12, 2016 03:54PM

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)
  • Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3)
  • Horde (Razorland, #3)
  • Breaking Point (Article 5, #2)
  • Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)
  • Unbreakable (Unraveling, #2)
  • Rebel Heart (Dust Lands, #2)
  • Fragments (Partials Sequence, #2)
  • Other Worlds
  • Tortured (Birthmarked, #1.5)
  • The Lives We Lost (Fallen World, #2)
  • Because It Is My Blood (Birthright, #2)
  • Asunder (Newsoul, #2)
  • Middle Ground (Awaken, #2)
  • Sever (The Chemical Garden, #3)
  • Once We Were (The Hybrid Chronicles, #2)
  • Vortex (Insignia, #2)
[Note: Many apologies, but I'm woefully bad at checking my Goodreads emails! If you'd like to send a note/msg, please catch me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Marie_Lu . Thanks!]

I write young adult novels, and have a special love for dystopian books. Ironically, I was born in 1984. Before becoming a full-time writer, I was an Art Director at a video game company. Now I shuffle around at home and ta

Legend (4 books)
  • Legend (Legend, #1)
  • Champion (Legend, #3)
  • Rebel (Legend, #4)
“He is beauty, inside and out.
He is my light.”
1533 likes
“You know, sometimes I wonder what things would be like if I just ... met you one day. Like normal people do. If I just walked by you on some street one sunny morning and thought you were cute, stopped, shook your hand, and said, "Hi, I'm Daniel.” 794 likes