Start by marking “Shadow Chaser (Son of Angels, #3)” as Want to Read:
Shadow Chaser (Son of Angels, #3)

Shadow Chaser

(Son of Angels #3)

Join part angel Jonah Stone as he faces his biggest challenge yet!

Many months have passed since part angel siblings Jonah, Eliza, and Jeremiah Stone began their angelic training. As part angels, or "quarterlings," the siblings joined other children of nephilim to begin honing their special powers.

In this third installment in the Son of Angels series, Jonah's story comes to
Published May 6th 2013 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Shadow Chaser, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow Chaser

Bookwraiths
Originally reviewed at Bookwraiths Reviews

Shadow Chaser is the third book in the Jonah Stone, Son of Angels children's book series by Jerel Law. This novel is unapologetically Christian in nature and also in its hero’s resemblance to one Percy Jackson. If you are either a follower of Jesus Christ or a lover of half-blood heroes then you might enjoy this YA story of modern day, angelic conflict and Godly messages.

The world of Son of Angels is basically the modern day. In the preceding installmen
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
I got a copy of this book for free from the publisher through Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

Shadow Chaser is the third book in Son of Angel's children's book series. I picked it up on a whim because I wanted something different and have been recently on a children's book kick. They are so much more relaxing at times when you just want to kick back and enjoy something different, and easy to follow.

Shadow Chase follows Jonah Stone, a part angel that is currently attending the Angel A
Heather
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Jonah, his family, and the other quarterlings have already been through a number of great trials and battles, but the battle that Jonah faces now will be his hardest trial to date. He is now being personally targeted by Abbadon and many lives are on the line because of this. Jonah struggles with the burden that has been place upon him, but he's even more concerned about how his friends and family are suffering because of it. His faith and his friends' loyalty will be tested time and again as the ...more
Candy Smith
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow,this was the most heart wrenching book so far in the Son of Angels Series. It is a surreal ending but one is wrapped in truth. Many people face heartache and must trust God to see them through the pain and believe even when they are under attack by the enemy, God is still in control. Although He may not cause theses things to happen, He allows them to happen for a purpose we may not yet see. As with the other Son of Angels books, there is scripture through out the story.I think after reading ...more
Glenajo
Sep 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Each One is Better than the Last

I just love this series. I gulped down the first three in a couple of days. Law uses the Bible to base his premise for the story of these three siblings who have supernatural powers to fight demons in spiritual warfare. The siblings use Bible verses to give them strength and increase their powers. They pray to find answers to their questions. However, the final problem is one that leaves the reader hanging and one that many children have to learn to deal with, tha
Kara
May 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is the saddest of the series. Jonah is tested in unbelievable ways and he is not the hero in this book. He never loses faith, but he definitely questions himself in this story and how he will press on. At the same time, he is able to learn much more about Elohim and how to trust Him more. This story resembles the book of Job in the Old Testament, but it was challenging to read how Jonah suffers. Great story and such a pleasure to see more of the Stone siblings adventure :)
Leyla
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let me start off by saying I love this book.
In book three of the 'Son of Angels' series we are showed to trust God. No matter what we are going through, He is in control. Shadow Chaser is the saddest book in the series. I sobbed (HARD) while reading the last chapter. I highly recommend this book, and can't wait to read the next one.
Patsy
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series! It has characters that I want to know more about. It has a fantastic, creative plot and I find myself hoping to find more authors like Jerel Law.
Steve Martinson
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good series for religious 13 year olds. Really, not bad fantasy series, definitely aimed for, pre and just teens.
Zachary Flye
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars*

Originally posted on my blog: Zach's YA Reviews (zachsyareviews.com)

Review:

Protagonists: Jonah Stone has endured many trials in the name of God, and has had what can only be a hard life. Now with the burden and gift of being a prophet revealed to him,his life is about to get so much harder. In this installment we see Jonah grow and begin to question God and his ways. I liked the character development a bit more in here because while there were still Biblical messages in here, I could r
Dorine White
Jun 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
The Story:
Jonah, Eliza and Jeremiah Stone are back at the convent for angel school. They took a bit of a break after their last adventure, but now it is time to return. As the kids take up training, Jonah learns that he has a new skill, prophesying. He also begins to break out in huge, painful boils.

As the boils begin to cover his body, Jonah gets stressed. Soon, the boils begin to effect his training and he falls out of first place in school. Things get worse when mid-terms are announced, and t
Brenten Gilbert
Mar 15, 2013 rated it liked it
RATING 2.5

The third installment to the Jonah Stone, Son of Angels series finds the Quarterlings returning for another semester of spiritual schooling. It seems that they've been permanently relocated to the convent, but school isn't always part of the program. Anyway, it's been a few months since the last adventure and Jonah has been struggling with his newly discovered gift of prophecy. Plagued by intense visions (and soon, actual plagues) Jonah embarks on an internal journey that draws heavily
Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader)

Did I enjoy this book: I did enjoy this book. It was a bit slow in the beginning, but I was completely hooked by the end. By about halfway through, I read every free chance I had.

We are with the Stone kids – Jonah, Eliza, and Jeremiah – at Angel School in New York City again. This a new term following a brief break. Jonah finds himself tested beyond belief in Shadow Chaser. This is the story of Job. Jonah’s faith and trust in Elohim is tested.

As I said above, the beginning of this book
Sharon Tyler
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shadow Chaser by Jerel Law is the third book in the Son of Angels series. In this installment Jonah, his siblings, and the rest of the quarterlings are honing their skills and preparing for some serious mid-term exams. However, the added stress of health problem for Jonah and his mother, his efforts to do good getting his friends hurt or in trouble, and the typical struggles of a young man trying to fit in and achieve praise are making things decidedly difficult. Can Jonah figure out what is goi ...more
Lisa
Jan 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: ng-ew-books
3.5 Stars.

WARNING: May contain spoilers for first two books.

As if Jonah has not been tested enough already, in Shadow Chaser, he is really pushed to the limits of what any one person can be expected to endure, much less a teenage boy, even if that teenage boy is part angel.

It's about time for midterms at Angel School. But of course, seeing as the students are part angel, these exams aren't simply just the pen and paper kind. And you thought your high school and college tests were hard!

In Shadow
Alice
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it

Shadow Chaser is the story of Job. Job is a righteous man, and God has a plan for him. God has decided to let Satan test him as long as Satan doesn’t lay a finger on Job himself. But his family and household are all fair game.

Jonah Stone is a quarterling, a child who is descended from a human and an angel, and he has the gift of prophecy. Though, when he speaks prophetic word, he feels like he is going to throw up. He, his family, and the other quarterlings have already been through a
Kristin
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
I'd like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for allowing me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

You can find my review of the previous book in the series here, from a year ago. What a change a year can make in my life, but its been so much time apart from the series, maybe I should have re-read the second book first. This book really relied more on the previous books than the second did, and I didn't really like that.However, it is a series, and that does happen.

There was just
Ginny B
Mar 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Donna
May 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Jonah reminds me of Job. Really, when you read this book, you will quickly relate Jonah's life with that of the Biblical Job.

Jonah is a quarterling, a child who is descended from a human and an angel. He is constantly being tested. The suffering the character faces can be difficult for the reader. This is the third in the series, and the hardest to read. I've grown to like these characters. It's tough to see them suffer through the various trials heaped upon them.

This is the best book in the ser
Suzie Waltner
May 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Shadow Chaser is the third book in the Sons of Angels series and moves along as quickly as the first two books.

You can really find the story of Job in this book. Young Jonah Stone is being tested and tried. Will he still trust Elohim when all is over.

Just like the story of Job, there is loss in this book. It's real life.

I love the way Jerel Law brings the Bible to life for young readers.
Matt Waters
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
Reading the first and second acts of Shadow Chaser feels like being in school. More specifically, it feels like being in CLASS. Jerel Law's writing style can come across as being didactic or too slice-of-life for an action story. The third act is respectable, though, and I look forward to seeing this author hit his stride.
Whangdoodle Pineapple
Very nice not quite as good
Stephanie
May 11, 2013 rated it liked it
I wanted to like this more but it was to much of a retelling of various bible stories without anything new added to it. I enjoyed the story, but just not enough "something"
Bill Stalford
Great reading

I have enjoyed reading this series and recommend it. This is the third book and is one that I will read again.
Marion
Dec 13, 2018
Jeremiah
Jan 04, 2017

• Storm (Swipe #3)
  • Gravestone (Solitary Tales, #2)
  • Hide and Seek (Sgt. Major Eric Moyer, #4)
  • Bodyguard Reunion (Guardians, Inc. #6)
  • No Place Like Holmes (No Place Like Holmes, #1)
  • Rock Harbor Search and Rescue (Rock Harbor Search and Rescue #1)
  • Blood and Bone (Jack Hawthorne Adventure #3)
  • Every Breath You Take (Kristen Conner Mystery #2)
  • 11:15 The Making of a Halfling (Halflings, #0.5)
  • An Open Heart
  • The Next Target
  • Beowulf: Explosives Detection Dog (A Breed Apart, #3)
  • Not by Sight (Ozark Mountain Trilogy, #1)
  • Across a War-Tossed Sea
  • Two Crosses (Secrets of the Cross Trilogy #1)
  • Genesis of a Hero (Angels Without Wings #0.5)
  • Point Blank Protector (Emerald Coast 911 #5)
  • Rearview (7 Hours #1)
Jerel Law is a gifted communicator and pastor with more than twenty years of full-time ministry experience. He holds his undergraduate degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (go Tarheels!), and a master of divinity degree from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. Jerel began writing fiction as a way to encourage his children’s faith to come alive. He lives in North Carolina wi ...more

Son of Angels (4 books)
  • Spirit Fighter (Son of Angels, #1)
  • Fire Prophet (Son of Angels, #2)
  • Truth Runner (Son of Angels, #4)