Start by marking “Friedhof Der Kuscheltiere” as Want to Read:
Friedhof Der Kuscheltiere

Friedhof Der Kuscheltiere

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  307,193 Ratings  ·  6,061 Reviews
Als neuer Universitätsarzt zieht der junge Louis Creeds mit seiner Frau und seinen Kindern nach Ludlow, Maine. Ein wunderbares Haus in herrlicher Landschaft erwartet die Familie. Einziger Haken: Das Haus liegt direkt an einer vielbefahrenen Straße, und schon bald wird die Katze der Creeds überfahren. Die Beerdigung des geliebten Tierchens auf einem alten, geheimnisvollen I ...more
Published 1985 by Hoffmann Und Campe (first published November 14th 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Friedhof Der Kuscheltiere, please sign up.

Jona Meow I am thirteen and I read it. Often I would stop and just think about death while reading, this novel especially focas's on that subject. Don't get me…moreI am thirteen and I read it. Often I would stop and just think about death while reading, this novel especially focas's on that subject. Don't get me wrong I loved it, but I got kinda sad at times. I wouldn't let a ten year old read this let alone a friend my age. I hope this will help.(less)

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
It’s probably wrong to believe there can be any limit to the horror which the human mind can experience. On the contrary, it seems that some exponential effect begins to obtain as deeper and deeper darkness falls—as little as one may like to admit it, human experience tends, in a good many ways, to support the idea that when the nightmare grows black enough, horror spawns horror, one coincidental evil begets other, often more deliberate evils, until finally blackness seems to cover everything.
Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ Martin
While reading this book, all I that runs through my head is the song the Ramones made for the movie.

So, I'm going to link the video so all of you can have it running through your head as well! Kickin' it old school =)

Pet Sematary - The Ramones

Okay, let me just go ahead and say there will be **SPOILERS** for those that haven't read the book or seen the movie.

I have seen the movie about 6 million 5 hundred and 8 times. And I love it! THIS is the first time I have read the book, and as there are
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-read
Once upon a time when I was a child, I remember talking with my family about horror movies. Somebody asked what was the scariest movie you've watched, and my mom without thinking said 'Pet Sematary'. I remember laughing and saying 'How on earth could a movie named Pet Sematary be scary?' Fast forward to now, I changed my mind.

This book is scariest and creepiest book I've ever read, and I'm sure it'll stay number 1 for a long time. It made me think about stuff I don't want, or refuse, to think a
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
That ending though...

This ended up being very different than what I expected. The less you know about it, the better!
"Sometimes dead is better".................

KING calls Pet Sematary his scariest book, and I can understand why. It is super creepy and super "shocking" where he takes the reader, and his interesting prologue explaining how he came to write this unsettling tale brings a bit of truth to the story.

While truly a horror of a read, it is excellent in respect to its genre, but just awful too if that makes any sense. PS is not particularly gory, but definitely sad, sick, dark, and disgusting with more t

Vincent Kaprat
Jan 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This may be King's darkest book. If you're goth, read this and you'll be 5% goth'er.
Johann (jobis89)
"Cause what you buy, is what you own. And what you own... always comes home to you."

Louis Creed and his family have recently moved to the town of Ludlow, Maine. Behind their house there is a path that leads to a 'Pet Sematary', where the children of surrounding areas have buried their beloved pets in years gone by. Deeper in the woods there lies an ancient Indian burial ground, that Louis discovers has some sinister properties when their family cat dies...

It's no secret that Pet Sematary is my f
Oct 21, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, horror
Every Halloween, I like to do a little season’s readings. For most of the year, I generally avoid scary books and movies. Life is scary enough without looking for extra frights. But there’s something about the Fall. Once the wind gets sharp, the days get short, and the leaves start to drop, I inevitably find myself within a small window of time in which horror is appealing. This window closes abruptly at midnight on November 1. Before that time, though, I’m relatively open to the idea of being t ...more
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stephen King : king of horror stories 💀👑'
Heena Rathore P.
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: dark-fiction
Note: I read this book in RMFAO's November Buddy-Read with some of my awesome friends Magdalena, Titas, Andrew, Kim, Stefani Saloma, Marigold, Konstantina Pap.

Pet Sematary is undoubtedly one of Stephen King’s finest works. I tend to be speechless when it comes to writing a review for his books, so forgive me if I write less than necessary, because, nothing that can be said will ever be really enough to praise this book.

The story takes you very slowly through the life happenings of Louis Creed
Will M.

Louis Creeds moves into a beautiful old house in Maine with his wife, daughter, son, and cat. It was all normal and perfect at first, but the nearby woods became apparent and so was the Pet Sematary.

When people regard King as the master of horror, I used to raise an eyebrow. I've read a few o
Edward Lorn
Pet Sematary Review (Kinda) I know this review is long, but I have a personal story to tell. Read it if you want to, but the simple fact of the matter is that this book is awesome. If you haven't read it, stop fucking about.
When I was ten years old, my mother and her best friend Andrita took a trip to the local drive-in to catch a showing of Pet Sematary. My father was out with his own buddies, so guess who got to tag along? Yup, me. My mother told me to go to sleep in the back seat, and then p
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

While a third into this Stephen King book, it dawned on me why King had such a strong fan base around the world in the 80s, and was the hottest name in popular fiction. It came to me that reading such a well-written horror book was legitimately one of the most primal, adult things I could do. That's because this type of book can have its own brand of hangover. Luckily, I've not yet dreamed of Zelda, the most terrifying monster in this book.

King had a handle on the human mind. He could then -
Jul 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Što bi bilo kad bi ljudi mogli poništiti smrt? Svi smo barem jednom poželjeli da drage nam osobe koje više nisu s nama vratimo u zemaljski život ne razmišljajući o posljedicama. A što ako posljedice imaju visoku cijenu?
Inače nisam fan horora ali barem jednom godišnje dopustim sebi da se malo isprepadam. Prošle godine negdje u ovo doba sam čitala "It" koje me se nije posebno dojmilo, ovaj put izbor je pao na groblje kućnih ljubimaca. Jesam li se isprepadala? Bome jesam. Ali više od samih gnjusnih
Dec 07, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy crap, re-reading this book is like watching a car crash about to take place in super slow motion: You know what's coming, you know how it can be avoided, but all the same, you find yourself walking the well-tended path into the deep woods of Northern Maine...

In my reading of this, as a new father myself, I find the entire concept of the Pet Sematary itself really sort of secondary to the main plot of parents, doing everything in their power, to protect their children from all the dangers in

Stephen King je istakao da „Groblje kućnih ljubimaca“ smatra svojom najstrašnijom knjigom, i da je nakon završetka pisanja rukopis stavio u fioku, misleći da je konačno otišao suviše daleko. I sam je toliko bio užasnut onim što je napisao...e pa Stevo kako i ne bi bio užasnut!!
Knjiga koju još uvek držim pred sobom dok pišem ovaj prikaz je verovatno jedna od najgroznijih, najgnusnijih, najuznemiravajućih, najmučnijih knjiga koje sam u životu pročitala. Dotakla je u meni sva ona mračna mesta koja
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*

Pet Semetary is horror-scary with its story, but the prime focus that comes across to me is overwhelming grief meeting the breaking point/barrier the brain has before it goes insane.

Stephen King has said this was one of the books that frightened him the most to write. It likely meant so much to him because of being a father himself. It's actually a creepy book (so much horror isn't actually scary), but while reading it I found it wasn't always the actual moments that were what stood out as creep
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ας ξεκινησουμε με κατι αναλαφρο που μεχρι στιγμης δε γνωριζα: το τραγουδι pet cemetary των πολυαγαπημενων ramones εχει γραφτει ειδικα για την ταινια στην οποια βασιστηκε αυτο το βιβλιο και μαλιστα στενοτατη φιλια συνεδεε τον King με τα μελη του συγκροτηματος...αυτο...αυτο ειναι το ΜΟΝΟ αναλαφρο στοιχειο σχετικα με αυτο το βιβλιο.τελος τα αναλαφρα.
Κατα τα αλλα αυτο το βιβλιο εμενα προσωπικα με ταραξε ιδιαιτερως.με τρομαξε, ναι, αλλα κυριως με βυθισε σε μια πολυ παραξενη και δυσαρεστη αισθηση.ηθελ
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mientras uno avanza cada vez se pone mejor y mejor, hasta llegar a la tercera partes: la más intensa y horrible de todas, ahí ya no se puede soltar el libro 😵
Me encantó! No puedo no darle sus merecidas 5🌟
María Paz Greene F
UF. Es la primera vez que leo un libro que me da miedo DE VERDAD. Es que hay veces en que NO LO PODÍA CREER. Incluso llegué a preguntarme si no sería mejor dejarlo, porque podía quedarse atrapado en mi subconsciente o algo así, jajaja.

PERO SEGUÍ ADELANTE, y... UF. No es solo el tipo de terror de lo sobrenatural, que es fuerte (FUERTE, porque está además muy bien hecho), sino que también y en especial, el recordatorio sobre la muerte, algo que es de lo más natural y a lo que todos llegaremos even
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, this was certainly the freakiest, creepiest book I've ever read. It was an intense, brilliant thriller full of scary stuff brought straight out of nightmares.

It was not a long book and that certainly made me love it more because the story was not dragged on but it was straight to the point. It was not as much as gory as I expected it to be but it still managed to freak me out all the same.

The storyline is that of the Creed family moving to a new house. Louis Creed, his wife Rachel and his
Franco  Santos
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: stephen-king
La muerte es un misterio. El entierro, un secreto.
Este es el libro que más miedo me dio de King. En Cementerio de animales convergen el horror, la angustia y una desesperación oscura y acuciante. Es un poco pesado en algunas partes, pero les puedo asegurar que les va a helar los huesos.

Se los recomiendo muchísimo. Es una maravilla del autor. Es denso, no obstante, muy bueno.
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Buddy-read with Brad.

My very first book by Stephen King and I'm still in awe. This was some experience! Bwahahahahaha!

First, in my edition, we are treated to an introduction by Stephen King from September 20th, 2000:
[His young daughter's cat was killed by a car or truck, died and was buried. Then, some time later ...]
"All seemed to be well until that night, when I heard a thumping from the garage, accompanied by weeping and popping sounds like small firecrackers. I went out to investigate and fo
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Νομίζω οτι πρέπει να είναι το καλύτερο βιβλίο του Κινγκ, τουλάχιστον από αυτά που εχω διαβάσει.
Αριστούργημα. Θα πρέπει να ήταν πολύ νέος όταν το γραφε, και τα συγγραφικά αποθέματα ήταν
αφθονα( μεγαλώνοντας το ποτάμι στερεύει, δυστυχώς) αλλά εκείνη την εποχη ήταν άπιαστος.
Καταρχήν σου κάνει εντύπωση η ακρίβεια του, πολύ διαβασμένος σε σημείο νοσηρότητας.
Δεν θα μου κάνε καθόλου εντύπωση αν μάθαινα ας πούμε ο,τι εχει παραβρεθεί σε φόνο η ο,τι
τον κατασκευάσε. Η ο,τι βρέθηκε κάπου, κι εκεί ξεκοιλιάζα
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Νεκρωταφίο Ζώων λοιπόν… Έχοντας διαβάσει πολλά γι αυτό το βιβλίο είχα υψηλές απαιτήσεις τόσο από άποψης γραφής όσο και από τρόμου. Με δικαίωσε!

Η γραφή του είναι εξαιρετική! Ο King έχει γράψει ένα φρικιαστικότατο (όχι τρομακτικό) βιβλίο με ένα θέμα λιγααακι taboo. Σε κάποια σημεία βέβαια φλυαρούσε λίγο παραπάνω από ότι χρειαζόταν αλλά αυτό δεν σημαίνει απολύτως τίποτα. Στις αμέσως επόμενες σελίδες σε έκανε να κρατάς το στόμα σου από τη φρίκη. Βέβαια δεν θέλω να πω πολλά για την ιστορία καθώς οτιδ
I read this when I was a teenager, and recently felt compelled to reread it. I loved it back then, and I damn I love it now. It was one of the novels that made me a Stephen King fan.

There's so much Stephen King out there, maybe even too much I dare say (In all honesty, I find his more recent stuff a little hit and miss), but for me personally 'Pet Sematary' is King's ultimate masterpiece. It's the first thing I think of when someone mentions the man's name.

Whenever we think of 'Masterpieces', I
Jessica Sullivan
Pet Sematary has always been one of my favorite Stephen King stories. I'm still terrified just thinking about certain scenes from the movie. I hadn't read the book since I was a kid so I figured I was long overdue for a re-read.

This is, famously, the book that King himself considers the most frightening he has ever written. He has expressed regret over publishing it, claiming that it's too dark, too bleak, that it goes too far.

I understand why he feels that way. Reading Pet Sematary as an adult
Two things about this book:

1. It is one of two Stephen King books I finished on one sitting (the other being The Dead Zone)
2. When I was a kid, I had to make sure the cover of this book was not facing out or I could not sleep. I didn't even like to look at it when I was awake!
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I must confess I am amazed.
Book vs. Movie: Pet Sematary 86 602 Mar 15, 2018 06:32AM
  • The Bad Place
  • The Wolf's Hour
  • Night Visions 5
  • Carrion Comfort
More about Stephen King...

Fiction Deals

• Vanessa and Her Sister
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The King's Mistress
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Sun (The Northern Lights Series, No 3)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Cement Garden (Ian McEwan Series Book 2)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Book of Love: Poems of Ecstasy and Longing
    $8.24 $1.99
  • Under the Wide and Starry Sky
  • Illuminations: A Novel of Hildegard von Bingen
    $14.95 $1.99
  • The Cove
    $7.49 $1.99
  • The Secret Healer (The Secret Healer #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Bagombo Snuff Box
  • The High Mountains of Portugal
  • The Cat's Pajamas: Stories
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Thistle and the Rose (Tudor Saga, #8)
  • The Burgess Boys
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Waterfalls (Glenbrooke, #6)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Tibetan Book of the Dead: The Great Liberation through Hearing in the Bardo (Shambhala Classics)
  • Skinny Legs and All
    $14.99 $1.99
  • The Unkillable Kitty O'Kane
  • The Most Dangerous Place on Earth
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Waiting for Morning (Forever Faithful, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Paris Wife
    $11.99 $2.99
  • It Is Well
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Was Your Girl
    $9.99 $2.99
“Sometimes dead is better” 258 likes
“And the most terrifying question of all may be just how much horror the human mind can stand and still maintain a wakeful, staring, unrelenting sanity.” 164 likes