Start by marking “Entrepreneur Revolution: How to Develop Your Entrepreneurial Mindset and Start a Business That Works” as Want to Read:

NOW IS THE AGE OF THE ENTREPRENEUR - DON'T GETLEFT BEHIND

The world is embarking on a new age. The age of theentrepreneur, the agile small business owner, the flexibleinnovator. The days of the industrial age are over. It's timeto break free from the industrial revolution mind-set, quit workingso hard, follow your dream and make a fortune along the way. Theslow dinosaurs of
Published April 15th 2013 by Capstone (first published March 12th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Entrepreneur Revolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Entrepreneur Revolution

Start your review of Entrepreneur Revolution: How to Develop Your Entrepreneurial Mindset and Start a Business That Works
Keshav Bhatt
Dec 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book came highly recommended and it didn't disappoint. There were two key lessons I got from it. You get what you ask & pitch for, and I should be aiming for at least a billion if I'm serious about massive social change. I'll explain more about why in my review.

For anyone starting a business, it's a brilliant place to start and captures most of the key lessons I've stumbled and discovered from experience, in one easy to read book. Personally, this provided a great reminder of those lessons
Samantha
Aug 06, 2013 rated it did not like it
I wanted this book to be so much better. But instead of giving me ideas on how to write a business plan and concentrating on the nuts and bolts of starting a business, it was all about pie in the sky ideas and aiming to make an unobtainable amount of money in the first year. It came across as a transcript of a motivational speech given by a contestant on The Apprentice.
Rob Dudek
Dec 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: recommended
"In my opinion it is the poor minded person who is greedy for money, addicted to money; a slave to the filthy lucre."

This book really delivers on its premise. It doesn't teach you how to write a business plan, it doesn't help you with creating a starting capital or how to set up your first website - It teaches you how to develop your Entrepreneurial Mindset. Think you're close to having one already? Well, think again.

How does the world keep people happy about working at the jobs they don't like,
Leticia Supple
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you've not heard of the Key Person of influence network and resources created by the author of this book, I recommend that you go backwards and start with those. I had; and the story of how I ended up with a copy of this book is instructive.

There was a big entrepreneurial event coming to town, to which I had registered. Then, about a week prior, I realised that I couldn't attend. Doing the right thing, I let the organisers know.

The organisers seemed to disregard my email and kept emailing me
Muhamed
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business, non-fiction
Great insight.
Isa
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very useful step-by-step guide for early stage or pre-launching startups. If you’re planning to start your business or not, this is a great option for people to think a little bit differently and with a more strategic and digital mindset.
Totally recommended
Slava Oganezov
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
In this book the author talks about the change in the model by which society operates. He talks about physical age ended by machines, mental age ended by computers and now finally an emotional age. He calls it an Entrepreneur revolution and it implies that people who love what they do and therefore give maximum value will be the ones who succeed. He introduces few interesting concepts such as empire building brain (correlates with chimp paradox), ATM product model for business, key traits of suc ...more
Lanre Dahunsi
The Global Small Business (GSB)

It is a business that typically has less than 15 people on the core team but isn't limited by geography. It can reach into cities all over the world and can easily be making millions in sales despite a relatively small headcount.

A great wave of change is about to seriously take off and a wedge will be driven between two classes of people.
- Those who are surfing this wave into the Entrepreneur Revolution.
- Those who are clinging to the Industrial Revolution and ar
Martin Yau
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great insight of the changing world where the old paradigm of getting a series of jobs then retire like worker bees is being replaced by the new of those who can take advantage of the change by defining themselves by specialising in something they're interested in and make a great living out of it (as long that they can find or build a market for that).

This new paradigm is the reason why some people moan about their jobs being automated and metaphorically running around like headless chickens.

Te
Mike
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Entrepreneur Revolution discusses tactics, philosophies, and strategies to living in the Entrepreneur Revolution compared to the Industrial Revolution. The author covers relationships, mindset, reputation, finance, and much more. All of this is rolled together with strategic advice on how to approach these topics while building your own business. I was really engaged in this book from start to finish and appreciated the refreshing approach to some of these concepts. There was no shortage of orig ...more
Yates Buckley
Jul 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: curious
The book is somewhere between terrible and amazingly good, averaging a middle of the road. It is a self-help book for enterpreneurs that have been slogging along and not seeing much as far as results and need a perk up.

As in any self-help the key is to set the right preconditions so that if anyone can do those the results come naturally. But at the same time, this author has a streak of genius in many of the framing of ideas he presents, and he did manage to get me excited now and then.

Not so mu
John-Patrick Quinn
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is essential for people wanting to understand the times we are in and adopt the mindset you need to have to succeed in the new Digital Age.

Daniel's tone is light but the advice is weighted with gold. It's an incredibly accessible book and a must-read for any entrepreneur.

Following the steps that Daniel recommends in this book is as crucial as reading it in the first place. This isn't just feel-good aspirational positive-thinking advice, but practical steps you can take to re-wire you
Catherine
Jun 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF.

Absolutely awful. Sacked it off halfway through.

1. If you have something to teach, fucking teach it. Stop "hiding" business secrets for me to unearth in the book I already bought. It makes you look like a shyster.
2. Wanking yourself off about how much money you've made - even in a business book - is vulgar in the extreme. I found it hugely distasteful.
3. The practical advice (such as walking around with a grand in your pocket) ranges from needlessly risky to utterly stupid and pointless.

No j
Libby Andrews
Mar 07, 2021 rated it liked it
A long enthusiastic wordy piece to encourage you to start your own business with little constructive help on how to decide what that business should be. Priestley typically leans to the find your passion school of ideas. I did enjoy Priestley’s description of school and how it went against entrepreneurship- I loved the notion that you would pay the clever kid to do your homework if you weren’t good at a subject. The spirit of the book is good and I hope it encourages people to go and create a bu ...more
Yoric
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book sure is motivating to take action. It uses the same technique as Napoleon Hill in Think and grow rich: there's a special ingredient for success, but I won't name it explicitly, it will just intervene several times along the chapters.

This is the kind of book I'm looking for, to actually move forward, take action, start a project, have goals.
I don't feel like working for someone else anymore. I'd like to wake up, light that passion, and live to the max.
Nick Woodall
Daniel did a good job writing this book. Well-written and formatted, with the entrepreneur in mind. He discusses his philosophy and then lays out what needs to be done in getting any new business off the ground and up and running. I've read many entrepreneurial books, and this one ranks up there with the best. ...more
Andrew McLeod
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I met Dan at an event he was speaking at in London. Everybody got a copy of the book for free as part of the event. He seemed very genuine and I enjoyed his book. It is true what he says about the working world changing. I would recommend this if you are unsure or need some inspiration to starting to work for yourself.
Danial Ahmer
Jun 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.1 stars - this book was really enlightening for having a mindset of success, and feels like it is vital if you want to pursue your life entrepreneurially in any life-path you take.
I’m not into business that much but i didn’t need to be, anyone can and should read it, this book gave me a lot in terms of self-development and a drive for a future.
Floduardo de Almeida
Easy reading. 220 pages. You can finish this book in 2 days without hurry. I consider this book a reminder, with some good principles you can follow. A “how to be an entrepreneur” but goes into superficial ideas. Still: good. 3.5 maybe
Alex Pal.
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
An interesting book about the world changing to become more entrepreneur oriented instead of the usual corporate world. In this world, small niches in areas which you have passion for could offer you wealth as well as enjoyable work.
Bryan
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Many books have been written on building businesses but not the way Daniel has with the Entrepreneur Revolution. This book is well written and easy to read. Daniel has broken down the steps to building a global business into easy to implement action points.
Reagen Saragih CT Cps
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a practical book. I think this is a must read book. Eventhough you think you are not an entrepreneur, this book will help you in many ways of your life. Thank you for writing this beautiful aplicable book.
Zackr
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible_us-lib
This is the first book that I've ever read on business and I must say, I'm blown away by the content that this book holds. ...more
Kristy Steele
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book really help shift a few ways that I though. Daniel broke it down in terms that made it easy to understand. This is one of my favorite books.
Steven Lane
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An awesome book that will wake up your inner entrepreneur. Following this is a sure fire way to find a successful way to self employment and beyond.
Haider Shakiry
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Mostly rehashed ideas and self-promotion of the author / sales pitching of his other "products". Suitable for a young obsessive person wanting to be the next Mark Zuckerberg "empire builder". ...more
Debby Clement
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Better ideas and thinking for building today's digital business. ...more
Amanda
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this right after 4 hour work week by Tim Ferris. I liked what this book said more though! He covered off some of the areas of disagreement I had with Tim’s book. A great read.
Tom Impallomeni
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good read full of useful insights. The stories told are engaging and it provides a playbook for selling.
Janaki Thakerar
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting book, some eye opening ideas regarding the switch from the industrial to entrepreneurial revolution. I will definitely read it through again on my journey to being an entrepreneur.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Start Now. Get Perfect Later.
  • The 10x Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
  • Disciplined Entrepreneurship: 24 Steps to a Successful Startup
  • Build a Brand in 30 Days: With Simon Middleton, the Brand Strategy Guru
  • The Chimp Paradox: The Acclaimed Mind Management Programme to Help You Achieve Success, Confidence and Happiness
  • Rise of the Robots: Technology and the Threat of a Jobless Future
  • From Incremental to Exponential: How Large Companies Can See the Future and Rethink Innovation
  • This is Marketing: You Can't Be Seen Until You Learn To See
  • Life to the Limit: My Autobiography
  • Reboot: Leadership and the Art of Growing Up
  • MAKE: Bootstrapper's Handbook
  • Volevo solo camminare: Un passo alla volta sul Cammino di Santiago alla scoperta di un mondo che non immaginavi
  • The Entrepreneur Blueprint: How To Fix Your Focus & Mindset To Develop A Successful Game Plan
  • The Little Big Things: 163 Ways to Pursue EXCELLENCE
  • Battle Scars: A Story of War and All That Follows
  • Finish What You Start: The Art of Following Through, Taking Action, Executing, & Self-Discipline
  • Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen