Start by marking “Love Is in the Air” as Want to Read:
Love Is in the Air

Love Is in the Air

Mo Willems meets Dr. Seuss!
This is the sweet story of a lonely balloon falling in love with a lively kite, and the adventures they share high in the air--flipping, dipping, spinning, and playing in the clouds. With bright and bold graphics, this accessible Level 2 reader, which is available in both hardcover and paperback, is one that parents and children will read over a
Published December 27th 2012 by Turtleback Books (first published December 20th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Love Is in the Air, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Is in the Air

Shelli
Jul 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Most of these "leveled" reading books lack imagination and are often missing the key element necessary for beginning readers: F-U-N. This book however is fun fun fun. The simple text and illustrations add that "certain something" that is missing in so many other of the leveled book series.

Balloon and Kite have relationship similar (yet less tragic) to that of Romeo and Juliet. Will the winds of fortune push these friends together or force them apart???
Meg McGregor
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lexi-victoria
This is a high-flying FUN FUN FUN story, relating the adventures of a red balloon and a yellow kite!

The girls were completely enchanted by it!

It is a great story for predicting outcomes as well!

I ask the girls different questions, throughout my reading of any book; with this one, they were able to determine what would happen next EVERY TIME!

They felt so good about that!

Your little ones will love this books as well!
Alex
Jul 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book because I like balloons. I did not like this book because I do not like kites.
Miss Sarah
A balloon is left behind tied to a table after a party. Can it escape to have an adventure with a kite in the wind? Cute. Humor makes it preschool and up.
Katie Fitzgerald
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This review also appears on my blog, Read-at-Home Mom.

Love is in the Air by Jonathan Fenske is a new (December 2012) Level 2 easy reader published by Penguin Young Readers. It is designated for the “progressing reader” and its Guided Reading Level is H. After a party, Balloon is left all alone, tied to a table. Just as he starts to droop, along comes Kite, a new friend who invites Balloon to fly with her. Balloon manages to break free, but then he flies higher than Kite. Once they are side by si
Shelli
Jul 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-favorites

Nicole
A rather different love/friendship story between a balloon and a kite. I'm not really sure that children will enjoy it as much as an adult, but I'd recommend it to a voracious progressing reader and see.
Jean-Marie
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: easy_reader, science, love
Sight words and phonics basics are used to tell this fun, adorable story. This is one of those times I'm so impressed an author can create a readable story out of easy reader words. I love when young readers are empowered to tell a story and not just read blah words on a page.
Corinne
Aug 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very cute and entertaining book about a kite and a balloon. Fun word play. Great for toddlers to early readers. (basic art, rhymes and language-not too wordy).
Laura Salas
A fun and unusual beginning reader. Loads of drama, but sweet, too.
Diana Pettis
I enjoyed reading this text. Good story for emerging readers. Kite and balloon are very different but as the story emerges they can see common ground. I feel that younger readers will connect.
Jesse
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
While I prefer his rhyming easy readers, this one is still cute and fun in its predictability.
Stephanie
Jan 13, 2017
Ariana
Sep 29, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Jonathan Fenske is the author and illustrator of the leveled readers Woodward and McTwee, Love Is in the Air, Guppy Up!, and A Pig, a Fox, and a Box, which was a 2016 Geisel Honor book. He is also the author of two picture books, Barnacle Is Bored and its follow-up, Plankton Is Pushy. Jonathan lives in South Carolina with his family.