Start by marking “Blessed (The Watchers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blessed (The Watchers, #2)

Blessed

(The Watchers #2)

In the sequel to Cursed, Lilly Rayne Nightengale discovers why Lucifer has been protecting her from malevolent forces bent on destroying her. She also comes face to face with the person who orchestrated the various near death experiences throughout her life and comes closer to learning the truth about why her death is so important to them.
Nook, 513 pages
Published October 25th 2012 by Westone

Start your review of Blessed (The Watchers, #2)
Bonnie Shores
I am truly at a loss as to why I adore this series as much as I do. They are, without a doubt, the CHEESIEST books I've ever enjoyed reading.

description

On literally every comment Brand makes to Lilly, the author puts a comma, adding things like, he said with more love than I could ever imagine or his eyes showing a love that was deeper than I ever thought was possible or kissing me with a depth of passion that was beyond anything I could have imagined.

description

Some of the supernatural aspects of the story are
Paige
Apr 06, 2013 rated it did not like it
I am so glad that I am finished with this book. It continued on and on and I read so many other books in between before I forced myself to finish this morning. Ugh! This book reminded me of True Blood where there is an ordinary girl that attracts every possible supernatural individual to her presence. She even has best friend "by choice" named Tara who is black. The way the author made such that Tara, the only black character could only date other black characters (can't remember if the first ...more
Kelly
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Okay I gave this series one more try and it did not go well. The book was bland. It was so (I can't think of the right term)disgusting how Brand was. I mean you can't make a character perfect and so romantic. I just don't understand why the author decided to have a character like him. Malcolm was a great character and so was Will but Lilly decides to go for the one character that has absolutely no real flaws, no substance to him. I was excited when Will talked to Lilly about how it was some type ...more
Kayla
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
This one had a lot less soap opera type drama than the first book, and a much better plot. I really enjoyed it.
Mona Lisa (ForestGreenReader)
Nov 17, 2016 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: anyone who feels like torturing themselves
Recommended to Mona Lisa (ForestGreenReader) by: amazon kindle, whom I shall never trust again
I can't with this book anymore. I tried to finish it but it feels like I'm torturing myself. There's so much wrong with this book: the nauseating characters, the magical beings that keep popping up, Lily getting hurt just to be saved 2 pages later. I was rolling my eyes every other sentence.

"Good grief, is that all you two do?" - Malcolm (pg. 150)

He said it best, that's all I thought throughout this book. I stopped reading at pg 157, 45%. I thought it would get better, but it just got worse.

So
Katie Jones
At times, especially the first whole quarter of the book, this story seemed completely focused on the love story between Lilly and Brand. It was a bit over the top for me. I can only read about someone declaring their undying love for someone so many times before it becomes a bit sickening.

I also felt at times that this was one big lesson in purity, there's a lot of focus on not having sex before marriage... 1. This is supposed to be entertainment, not Sunday school. 2. I find it a bit
Krissy P (Kris)
It's not that it's terrible, it just wasn't going anywhere. I couldn't stand the best friend Tara either. There is nothing worse than some irrelevant character who is a bossy irritating bitch who tries to act like your mother. Why is she even there; to be the guardian of Lily's lady bits? Damn, let her live. She's a grown woman. It's just boring really so I dnf'd it.
Trish
Feb 24, 2013 rated it liked it
I really enjoy the story this series has. It makes you not want to put it down. However, there is still too much detail put on things that don't seem relevant (describing what people wear, Lilly's grandparents house decor etc). Want to figure out the story.
Bookworms Devouring Words
I’ve always loved a good Angel series.

This is one of my favorites and I’m glad I’m rereading this novel I definitely know I missed a lot when I first read this novel.

Each character had different personalities and that’s what I loved most about reading this book. I’ve come across novels who’s characters where really similar before and it just sets off the whole book in a bad way. The best part is picking your favorite characters and mine is Malcom something about a bad guy going good and over
Sara
Apr 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
What?! Are you seriously leaving me like that? How could you?
This book was good, very good. Though maybe not as good as the first. I'm probably getting a bit tired of how sweet and lovey are Brand and Lilly. Don't get me wrong, I like it - in small bits. And I like them together. I love Brand. But sometimes even I need a break from too many spoons of honey.
I liked this book and how the story developped. I liked the new arrive of Malik. He's nice.
Allan weirded me out a little but he's okay.
De Jr.
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: native-s-reads
Blessed
Book Two of the Watcher Trilogy
By Author S.J. West
29 June 2015

As I delved into the second book just a few hours after reading book one of Author S.J. West's Trilogy, I was immersed even further into her intricate world that she so eloquently weaved so perfectly. Just as the first book, I read until my eyes went blurry......I just couldn't put it down.

Her storyline continued to amaze me with every bit of intrigue that her first book in this series did. She never skips a beat. I laughed
Tracy
I love how this book picks up right where book one left off!! S.J. West writes an amazing storyline that just keeps you guessing and wanting more. But I do think it is a little heavy on background details. Nothing bad...just a lot. ;)

Anywhooooo, we get more of our wonderful cast, featuring Lilly Rayne Nightingale and Brandon Cole (I didn't really care for his nickname Brand---maybe if it was Bran it might not have bothered me but I just didn't understand why his full name wasn't used.) As you
Carrie
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: na, 2017
These books are pretty ridiculous. The 18 year old main character talks and acts like a constantly shocked 65 year old woman.

She gets mad when the man in her life tells her what to do (which is good!) but has a really bizarre and codependent relationship with her best friend, where they both have a LARGE amount of say in how they live their lives. At one point she says that the best friend (Tara) can't date anyone unless she clears them! Seriously! But no one is allowed to tell her to stay out
Marie Yule
Elaine Wingert
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have to say the imagination and concept Ms West has come up with is phenomenal. I've read all the series related to this book and I couldn't put it down. Intrigue, romance, mystery, action packed fighting, drama, out of this world, hold on tight suspense. I highly recommend to all.
Hard12luv
Lilly was not part of the plan. Fate had plans for her to die, but for some reason she had special friends that protected her from Fate. Now she has meet someone, Brand a fallen angel. With his love and the love of her freinds, they will find why they are not trying to kill her anymore.
Judith
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really loved this book. I didn't think it was slow at all. This was the perfect middle! :) Now to read how it all ends.

Mariela
In this book Lilly and Bran are planning their future. Attempts at her life continue but this time we are getting closer to finding out who wants her dead. She finally learns about her mother’s past and got a chance to meet her grandparents learning about her family history. This brought to light a lot of answers. I will say I feel the story is getting very boring. There not a lot going on just them always talking about what could be happening but nothing is happening. Then towards the end her ...more
Linda Graham
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Ok, I struggled a bit with the first book because the 2 main female characters are so immature & get on my last nerve!! Especially Tara! She’s a bossy know it all that acts like Lilly’s mother. And Lilly needs her perfect boyfriend, Brand, to reassure her constantly that he loves her. I mean, come on!! It’s just crazy some of the things they say & do. They are definitely immature teenagers but they are in their 1st year at college & are roomies. And when Lilly goes on a date, Tara ...more
Missy
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh Malcolm and Will

I could say a lot about Lilly and Brand here and the evolution of their relationship, or the surprise of who wants Lilly dead or even that I hope Robert gets his in the end but Malcolm and Will, how much they both love Lilly and the difference in how they are both handling it really got me. I want to kick will in the shin but I'm still sad for him. I know Lilly's choice is right for her but I do hope Malcolm, whose so yummy btw, and will get their happily ever after.
Danielle Huff
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I listened to the audiobook and the reading was wonderful and brought the characters to life. I love how the live story continues along with the excitement. As Lily and her fallen angels work to uncover the truth about her history, they have some very interesting things happen. This story definitely kept me entertained and in love with the romance.
Veronica
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best so far

This is a fun, fast read. I enjoyed book 2 in this series best so far. The characters might be a bit predictable, but no less endearing. I think you'll enjoy this series if you like lighthearted reads. I read this series as a break from a longer series I've been reading. Helping with a book hangover.
Dee Smith
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good!

This was the 2nd book in this series and it was as good as the first. The story gets more intense and interesting as they try to figure out what exactly is going on. Lilly and Brand are determined to get the answers they need. This book is full of so many different emotions and you can't help but be drawn into this world.
Latoya Wilson
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The best part are at the end!

The best parts are at the end. The beginning and middle are just average days in the life of a couple. No shade. I'm grabbing book 3 to finish the series but I'm probably going to skip to the end.
Jennifer Moore
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still hooked!

Again the book has me intrigued see what happens next. I also love the way she includes God and acknowledges his existence, but at no point does she use this book to preach.
FS Meurinne
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing, it's taking me in a wonderful journey, where I get amazing characters, a great story and romance all in one, Can't wait to read the final installment to discover all the mysteries. The audiobooks are amazing and I totally recommend them.
Francais Parker
Girl Power: A-
Guy Hero: A-
Love Interests: A
Feels: A++

For you clean-readers: this one does have some mature content. Nothing explicit, though.
Veronica
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
I am trying so hard but this heroine is dumb.
A whiny, over written character with an fake thought process.
She comes off as a beacon of vapid.
Aleigh
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this so much more than the first. Let’s be honest though, I’m only here for Malcom.
Mary
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: angels
If you like reading fiction about angels, this is the best series out there.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Revelation (The Guardian #3)
  • Return (The Guardian #4)
  • Gilded Wings (Hidden Wings, #4)
  • Guardian (The Guardian #1)
  • Fallen (The Guardian #2)
  • Ruined (Seraphim #1)
  • Requiem (Seraphim #3)
  • Broken Wings (Hidden Wings, #2)
  • Wings of Vengeance (Hidden Wings, #5)
  • Tethered Wings (Hidden Wings, #3)
  • Chasing Angel (Divisa, #3)
  • Ruthless (Seraphim #2)
  • Hidden Wings (Hidden Wings, #1)
  • Hunting Angel (Divisa, #2) and Including Breaking Emma Novella [ Divisa 2.5]
  • Saving Angel (Divisa, #1) and Including Losing Emma Novella[ Divisa 0.5]
  • White (The Wings Trilogy, #1)
  • Loving Angel (Divisa, #4)
  • Redemption (The Revelation, #3)
Once upon a time, a little girl was born on a cold winter morning in the heart of Seoul, Korea. She was brought to America by her parents and raised in the Deep South where the words ma'am and y'all became an integrated part of her lexicon. She wrote her first novel at the age of eight and continued writing on and off during her teenage years. In college she studied biology and chemistry and ...more

The Watchers (3 books)
  • Cursed (The Watchers, #1)
  • Forgiven (The Watchers, #3)
“You need to stop doubting things and just accept them.  Accept the happiness you’ve found with me and stop questioning if you deserve it or not.” 6 likes
“Well, thanks. I think.” 0 likes