Start by marking “Just Add Heat (Fire & Ice #1)” as Want to Read:
Just Add Heat (Fire & Ice #1)

Just Add Heat (Fire & Ice #1)

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  125 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Take one part slightly insecure chef and add one part confidently sexy man. Mix well. Pour out the memories of the past two years and what do you have? A recipe for disaster.

Justine is a boyfriend-less chef; at least, that's the last thing she remembers. After a fall wiped the memories of the last two years of her life, she is struggling to absorb her new circumstances. A
Published November 26th 2012 by Pin-up Press (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Just Add Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Add Heat

Lisa Jo
Jan 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this book! It was hilarious! I don't know what it is lately but I've just happened across books about women who cook/bake & the men who end up in their lives & how they change them! This story made me LOL! Talk about crazy! Justine hit her head, got amnesia, reverted back to her un-bad self (hehe...) & had a hot boyfriend (little younger-could have been more IMO) & had a mother to end all mothers! I loved it! Great Job. I will be looking into reading more from ...more
Jan 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really, really enjoyed this!! It revived a light hearted spirit within.... I've been way too serious lately! I need more fun in my life and I had a lot of fun reading this book. Thank you Genevieve Jourdin for this fabulous book! I recommend to anyone who needs to "forget" the stressful lives we live in! Kick back, put up those feet and ENJOY!
Jonel Boyko
Jan 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
OMG. I seriously couldn’t picture living through this. It’s completely plausible, and extremely well laid out by the author, but as an individual, OMG. Just OMG. Horrific. But the author has this tragic event laid on top of an awesomely intriguing storyline that takes you on a wild ride, all the way to a happy ending.

Jourdin’s writing meshes perfectly with her well-developed storyline. She writes very smoothly but yet with grace and style. Through her word choice and sentence configuration she
Animekrazed
Jan 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Haha...just some dramatics on my part....

Mhhmmm.....I have to say that I really enjoyed this book, I have never gotten a chance to read a book about romance with lost memories intertwined with the plot. At first I was skeptical to how far the story would go, but author soon dowsed my worries down with each word I read. They were so well crafted and there was a sense of urgency between the two main characters, Carter and Justine, and also a very heated bond. I loved the moments of shared secr
Sheri
Dec 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just Add Heat (Genevieve Jourdin)

Justine a chef, has taken a fall and her memory of the last two years has gone blank. The doctors tell her it is amnesia. She does have memories of her best friend Cheryl and she seeks her help in recalling her memory. Justine is surprised to find out that she is living with Cheryl's younger brother Charter and apparently they are in a relationship, but she does not remember any of this.

Carter has the perfect life, Justine is the love of his life. He is determine
Kristin
Dec 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I finished this book in one evening. I couldn't stop reading it, mostly because it made me squirm not knowing how it was going to end. The other reason I couldn't stop reading was because Justine was so relatable as the slightly spazzy, unsure of herself, anxious girl who loves to cook, but who also wants her perfect man.
I was constantly willing her to remember the last two years of her life while desperately trying to come up with the reason why her brain blocked it out.
Secondly,
Kristen Morris
Jan 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
When the book first opened I was concerned it was too similar to a book by Sophie Kinsella about a young woman waking up with amnesia, but these fears were quickly resolved. The tone and writing style is not at all a copy. The narrator is very likable and sympathetic and her relationship with her boyfriend comes off as very authentic.

Totally worth the money for a quick, fun, and engaging read.
Jessica
Jan 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just finished this book and loved it. It is about a woman named Justine that loses her memory of the last two years. I was pulling for her to get her memory back and could not put this book down. I look forward to read more my Genevieve Jourdin in the future.
Makayla
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It was really good, but a little short
Tina
Jun 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cute read
Heather Fleener
Mar 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Genevieve Jourdin has a knack for creating endearing, true-to-life characters. This one does not disappoint.
Jo
Feb 24, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's ok but not as good as the review say
Jacci
Jan 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! A great story with lot's of laughs!
Ellen
Jan 06, 2013 rated it liked it
It was a cute story. A quick read, and entertaining.
Jane
Ashley Griffith
Oct 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Secret of a Butterfly
  • The Other Brooks Boy (Texas Wildfire, #1)
  • Tripped Up (SEALs On Fire, #8)
  • The Colubrii: Awakening (Stories from the Mist)
  • A Divine Life (The Divine Trilogy, #2)
  • Lost Decency, the Untold Afghan Story
  • The Cabin (Book One): MIA's Story
  • The Millionaire Tempted Fate
  • Her Mystery Duke
  • Wicked End (Wicked End, #1)
  • Up For the Chase
  • The Last Kiss
  • Beyond The Mask (The Beyond, #1)
  • Blood Vine (Blood Vine #1)
  • The Tell
  • Brett and Hannah (Soul Mates 101, #2)
  • Gina and Mike (Yearbook, #1)
  • The Billionaire's Desires Vol. 2 (The Billionaire's Desires, #2)
I'm a writer of romancy chick lit that leans to the steamy side, mother to a surly teen, and general dogsbody for my husband's audio company. In my dark past I've been a bank teller, waitress, bookkeeper, telemarketer (I'm sorry!), bartender, chef, and restaurant owner. Writing has been the one thing that I've always done, and I'm such a sucker for a happy ending that I can't write anything else.

M
More about Genevieve Jourdin...

Fire & Ice (2 books)
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside (Fire & Ice, #2)