Start by marking “Hungry Like a Wolf” as Want to Read:
Hungry Like a Wolf

Hungry Like a Wolf (The Others #8)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  1,788 Ratings  ·  106 Reviews
HUNGRY LIKE A WOLF

Christine Warren

When her father died, Honor Tate inherited the alpha position for a pack of werewolves based in New England. But why her? Honor would have rather just lived a "normal" life, with the occasional run through the woods in her furry suit. Still, Honor was raised to put the welfare of the pack first…and now it's time to make a formal request th
Published July 2nd 2013 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Hungry Like a Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hungry Like a Wolf

Dee
This is a re-write of Fur Play from the original Fixed series which I read just over 2 years ago and I remembered it as it was one of my favourites from that series.

I did enjoy this but it was basically the same with a few changed bits here and there but with a bit more fleshing out and toning down to make it a mainstream novel. The question is was this any better and I think that my answer would have to be NO it wasn't and if I am really honest I think it did suffer from a few bits of the or
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick

Logan Hunter is struggling to not challenge his alpha when word arrives that another clan's alpha has died and the beta, Honor Tate, wants Graham's official approval to take over. Graham sends Logan to the clan to feel things out and Logan is stunned to find out the clan's new alpha is his mate. Tempers flair and passions rage as Honor and Logan try to find away to survive the mating call and a few clan members who don't want Honor as their alpha.

An enjoyable fast paced PNR. This series
Mara
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: pnr
I have a hit and miss relationship with this series. There are a few books I liked enough and some other that were meh.

Hungry like a Wolf started as the first kind of book and ended as the second one. There was quite an impressive set-up with the main couple being in a real Mexican stand-off that could rip them apart. I was really eager to see how this conflict was going to end. And unfortunately it did in the most boring and predictable way. Yes this is romance, still. I don't appreciate the ea
Buffybot
In general I really like Christine Warren's writing and because of her style I'm giving this book 3 stars. I think she writes great fight/sex scenes. And in this book she does that too. There's a scene where Honor has to fight four werewolves at once that I really enjoyed.

Unfortunately the story itself left me cold. I thought the beginning was quite awful: have the guy lust after the wife of his alpha? And what’s up with the breast milk smell of his alpha's wife? "... and smelled the scent of f
Katie
To be fair, I never got a chance to read the original shorts before they were taken down. I've found her other 'remodels' to be either pretty good or... not so much, so I didn't know what to expect going in to this one.

I really enjoyed most of the book. There was good tension, the obstacles were realistic and didn't have the sense of being fabricated for filler, and the characters' behavior was believable for the circumstances. The main plot point is that the lead couple each have responsibiliti
Lolo
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
you don't read a book with a title like that and expect to be wawoed, however that doesn't while read books for pure entertainment I can't have at least a list of semi requirements. For instance, a simple talk between the alpha male and the damsel in distress excluding sex would've been nice, or when describing obstacles try to at least stick to solving them when giving the HEA. Finally dubious consent is not a way to make me swoon over the hot guy.. This just wasn't good enough for me to enjoy ...more
Ari
Jul 07, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was an ok read but the ending sucked, it was very anti-climatic. All the problems were easily solved towards the end & if the way it ended was all it took, it could have been solved much sooner. Also the book never confirms who the shooter was. Very disappointed.
Shawnie Nicole
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2 stars.
im not sure what i expected from this book, which is why it took me so long to read it. Smh
I dont know... I expected so much more for Logan.
Amanda
Jan 28, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you aren't familiar with Christine Warren or even if you are then you know a lot of her books are printed out of order for a reason. She originally had these books with Ellora's Cave and when she was picked up by a larger house they had her flesh out the books and also seemed to remove more of the sex. Granted it does have a lot of sex, but these large publishers seem to forget that her fan base reads the nasty, dirty, hot, steamy sex scenes!

In translation ... I guess I should call it that, b
Dianne
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes, this is a re-print of a very old Ellora’s Cave edition; it has been somewhat updated and edited for the mainstream audience. These early books in the series are no longer to be found on Ellora’s Cave web site. It is a shame since some of the edited out part are some of the steamiest and most delectable to the mainstream reader. Editors would be surprised as to how modern we women readers are nowadays!

The Patriarch and Alpha of Clan White Paw in Connecticut, has died of cancer. His beta has
Marsha
Dec 26, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a fan of Christine Warren's "The Others" series; but, sadly it is time for the series to end. Why? The series has been slowly losing its edge and "Hungry Like A Wolf" is chocked filled with bits and pieces of recycled story lines from the other books.

Logan Hunter, Beta of the Silverback Clan has been sent to Connecticut to assess the qualifications of a female claiming to be alpha of her clan after her father's death from cancer (recycled from another book). Honor Tate is struggling to main
Melanie
Sep 14, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z-2013, 3-stars, pnr
This is a typical book from this series. It is a good story of two very alpha type werewolves each pushing to do what is best for the small pack of wolves in Connecticut. Graham, the alpha for the region sends his beta to see if the female beta will be able to make an alpha, which is extremely rare. There is a bit of a stand off between the White Paw female alpha and the Silverback beta. She is determined to stay alpha and he isn't sure that is the best thing for her or the pack.

There are some g
Mirjam
I love Christine Warren's The Others series, but not every book in a series is a winner. I liked Hungry Like A Wolf, but I miss the magic that makes so many of the other books in this series stand out. I am already looking forward to the next Warren in the hope that it will be one big reunion with beloved characters from the other books and have that magical something that makes me want to read the book over and over again.
Dorel
Jan 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
gremlin
On one hand, I mostly liked this while I was reading it. On the other hand, the whole time I'm thinking that if these two would just have an honest conversation with the other about their real problems and desires for the future instead of making assumptions, the fix solution is simple and obvious - it's just logistics from there.
Mhollie
Feb 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: c-warren, shifters
The comedy of the absurd & hot sex all rolled into one. Loved it. Honor was just an insane alpha of the White Paw Clan. Logan was a walking frustrated wreck of a wolf, caught between Honor and the deep blue sea. Poor sod. Great read.
Stephanie
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The love story is great! It got to descript at times. I did like the way Christine had the strong female lead in Honner. Not many females get that much recognition. I did like the slient prayer Honner said before she went into battle.
Kristin
I'm a sucker for any book about werewolves. That being said I liked the story line. The only complaint I have is the dialogue in the last chapter. I kind of cringed while reading.
Mary Maass
Better than some of the other Others. I enjoyed the alpha-female point of view and thought she did a good job of the problems inherent in being a female alpha.
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Great book, an Alpha has to do what an Alpha has to do to have is own pack.
Elaine Kirby
Pretty Good!

I'm rating this book as pretty good because some parts of this book were boring & made me want to skip over them.

Logan Hunter is the Beta of the Silverback Pack but, he has been feeling out of sorts lately so his Alpha Graham Winters sends him on a mission. To find out if the current Female Alpha of the White Paw pack is fit to stay as the pack's alpha or does she need replacing.

Honor Tate used to be the Beta of her pack until her father the Alpha died & she became Alpha in h
Jan
This one is all Lupine all the time. Beta of the Silverback clan goes up into the North Country to check on the status of another clan and gets entangled with the woman who would be Alpha. The story line is a little leaky at times, and the ending is a little off, but it is generally a pretty good read. I don't regret spending the money.
Al
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Continuing the stories of the Others. excellent
McKenzi
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vicki Rose Stewart
I read a lot of books, sometimes upwards of 10-12 per week so there are many authors that I love but only very few that I go absolutely fan-girl crazy over when a new release is out.. Christine Warren happens to be one of those "special few" and with the release of Hungry Like A Wolf, I have officially released a mega fan-girl "Squueeeeeee"!!!!
This is the latest book in "The Others" series by the amazing Ms. Warren & like the rest of her novels, I could not put it down until I was finished!
The Nauti Vixen
Oct 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Title: Hungry Like A Wolf
Series: The Others Book #8
Author: Christine Warren
Rating: B
When her father died, Honor Tate inherited the alpha position for a pack of werewolves based in New England. But why her? Honor would have rather just lived a “normal” life, with the occasional run through the woods in her furry suit. Still, Honor was raised to put the welfare of the pack first…and now it’s time to make a formal request that the alpha of the Silverback clan—the pack to which all locals owe fealty
Claire
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this was another of the great books in the series!

We begin with Logan, the beta to the silverback clan, a position he's geld happily for years. This has started to change recently and just for one reason. Missy. Falling for your Alpha, your friend - essentially your brother- mate....not done. But here he was. Gritting teeth when he saw them close, wanting to punch Graham whrn near him...

Graham knows somethings up but not what. So he sends Logan to a pack that just lost its Alpha to cancer and ha
May Mostly Romance
เลมนีเปนการเอาอีบุคมารีไซเคิลเขียนใหมนะคะ และเปนเลมสุดทายในชุด Others ของคริสตีน วอรเรนแลว (แตตามลำดับเวลาในเรือง เลมนีไมใชเลมสุดทายนะคะ แตเปนเลมสุดทายทีจะถูกเขียนออกมา)

โลแกน ฮันเตอรซึงเปนเบอรสองในเผาหมาปาแหงเมืองแมนฮัตตันกำลังอารมณเสีย ตองใชคำนีจริง ๆ เพราะเขาไมแนใจวา เกิดอะไรขึนกับตัวเองเปนแน ทีรูคือ เขาแอบปิงลูนาของเผา (เมียของอัลฟา) แตรูวา ไมมีทางไดตัวเธอมา แลวเขากเกิดอาการอยากทาทายแกรมหผูเปนอัลฟาเพือชิงตำแหนงหัวหนาเผาอยางยิง ทังทีรูวา ไมตองการทำเชนนัน เพราะแกรมหเปนเพือน เปนพี เขาพยายามบอกใ
My Book Addiction and More MBA
This book was my first werewolf experience. I must say it was strangely intriguing. I must admit I was worried I would not be able to finish as by page 19 the main character had chewed her best friend’s hand off and was vomiting blood and internal organs, but after the initial shock had worn off I found the story line very attention holding.

The parallel between Honor’s name and her actions is not coincidence. She has been thrust into the Alpha position by her father’s untimely death whether she
Barbara ★
Honor Tate becomes alpha by default - she's beta when the alpha dies. However it's not quite that easy. Apparently male wolves won't respect a female alpha even if she had already basically been running the clan as the beta. Funny thing is, Honor doesn't want to be alpha anyway but she feels that no one else in the clan is capable of actually running things. Oh sure they could keep things exactly as they are currently working but what about coming into this century instead of hiding in the woods ...more
  • No Rest for the Witches (Nightcreature, #7.5) (Magic, #3.5) (The Others, #3.5)
  • Tiger Magic (Shifters Unbound, #5)
  • Wolf with Benefits (Pride, #8)
  • Avenging Angel (The Fallen, #4)
  • Wolfishly Yours (Westfield Wolves, #6)
  • Wild About You (Love at Stake, #13)
  • A Highland Werewolf Wedding (Heart of the Wolf, #11)
  • Arena Station (Champions of Terra, #1)
  • Darkness Becomes Her (Offspring, #6)
  • Dire Desires (Eternal Wolf Clan, #3)
  • Hidden Crimes (Hidden, #2)
  • The Miss Education of Dr. Exeter (Paranormal Investigator, #3)
  • Kinked (Elder Races, #6)
  • Flirting Under a Full Moon (Flirting with Fangs Trilogy, #1)
  • Shifting Winds (Tales of the Darkworld, #1)
Born and raised in coastal New England, Christine Warren lived in the South and the Mid-Atlantic before hopping to the other side of the country to take up the life of a transplant in the Pacific Northwest. She completely bypassed those states in the middle due to her landlocking phobia. Hmm, need to research a scientific term for that...

When not scrambling frantically to complete her latest writi
More about Christine Warren...

The Others (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • One Bite With A Stranger (The Others, #1)
  • Big Bad Wolf (The Others, #2)
  • Prince Charming Doesn't Live Here (The Others #3)
  • Black Magic Woman (The Others, #4)
  • Not Your Ordinary Faerie Tale (The Others, #5)
  • On the Prowl (The Others, #6)
  • Drive Me Wild (The Others, #7)
  • Wolf at the Door (The Others, #9)
  • She's No Faerie Princess (The Others, #10)
  • The Demon You Know (The Others, #11)