Start by marking “Into the Spiral” as Want to Read:
Into the Spiral

Into the Spiral

Fifteen-year-old Veronica “Ronnie” Lambert wants to get out from under her older brother’s shadow. When Ronnie gets a tattoo and then is struck by lightning, she suddenly finds herself able to see and hear things in shadows that don’t appear to others. Then Ronnie meets Gavin Clearwater, the hot new guy in all of her classes and finds out he can see and hear the same thing ...more
Kindle Edition, 1, 178 pages
Published November 19th 2012 by Erin Danzer

To ask other readers questions about Into the Spiral, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Into the Spiral

Start your review of Into the Spiral
Sheila
Ronnie’s about to start high school and celebrates by getting a spiral tattoo, without her parents’ permission. She makes a very believable 15-year-old protagonist as she switches from breathless excitement to nervous anxiety about her appearance, her dating options, the knack to opening her locker, and more. The commentary on teen life, clothes, boys, and endless book series is pleasingly contemporary and real, and the dialog’s spot-on. But there’s a hidden agenda behind some of Ronnie’s new fr ...more
Andrea Heltsley
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-read
Love it! This was a great start to a new series. I love all the boy drama and how they develop. There was a lot to love about this book. Ronnie is a very typical teenager struggling to find herself. She gets a lot more than she bargained for. This is just the beginning of her story. Five glittery stars! Looking forward to reading the next book!
Stephanie Kaye (In Wonderland)
Into the Spiral was a refreshing read. I enjoyed it. I've read some reviews saying how they didn't like the main character because she was whiney. Well, I thought Erin Danzer hit it right on the nose. She was your typical 17 year old. I remember when I was that age and a lot of us acted the same way. So, it was nice reading about a typical 17 year old. There are some books out there that when you read them you have to kind of question is this really about a teenager, because they seem really mat ...more
Jackie
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
On Ronnie’s birthday she feels embolden to take her life in her own hands by getting a tattoo. It is this one decision that will eventually effect her future. It isn’t long after getting the unique tattoo that she is struck by lightning. Though she doesn’t know it yet not only is high school going to be different but so is her life. All of a sudden she is getting attention she hasn’t had before especially from the new guy in school, Gavin. Soon Ronnie starts to see things that were never there b ...more
Angela Cruz
Apr 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a young adult paranormal book. This is the first book in the Spiral Defenders Series. I would recommend for the 12-15 year old age group. This is about a 15 year old with some typical teenage issues and some out of this world experiences. I felt she was mature than her age, and dealt with some situations better than most girls would have at that age. I did not like the age difference between her and some of the guys whom liked her. But it was nothing to deter you from reading the book.

Th
Christie Rich
Aug 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Into the Spiral was a great start to a new series by Erin Danzer. Ronnie (Veronica) the MC was a typical fifteen year old (At least what I remember being like when I was fifteen).

Ronnie can't seem to make up her mind where boys are concerned and she's a little flighty. Quite often when I read books with a protagonist this young, they feel too old.

It's refreshing to see a character that is just a fun teenager looking to get her first kiss, have a boyfriend and enjoy life.

I have a feeling as this
Masquerade Crew
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
BELINDA'S REVIEW

4.5 STARS

Into the Spiral is a science fiction young adult cross over that manages to tick the boxes as a good read for both genres.

It begins with the main character Ronnie on her fifteenth birthday. She's taking control of her life from her over bearing mother and getting herself the tattoo that will lead her to discover the truth about who she really is. The opening scenes do a good job of foreshadowing the drama to come.

The characters in this novel are well drawn and Ronnie her
MyBookopolis
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of Into the Spiral for an honest review. I was not sure what the book was about, but I agreed. I was surprised at the ease in which the story unfolded. The character development made Ronnie and Gavin real. I felt for and with both main characters throughout the entire book. I read the book in two sittings as I was drawn in and could not wait to find out what happened next!

The main character Veronica "Ronnie" Lambert is a 15 year old high school student. She gets a tattoo just
Roxanne Daveney
Dec 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have to say, that when I began reading this book, I honestly did not know what to expect. I knew that I would enjoy it, but I did not know just how much. This book strikes raw emotions, and you become very attached to Ronnie and Gavin (the main characters.). It is fast paced, and has you wanting to turn the page. By the end of the book, I found myself crying, and feeling for Erin’s characters. I also found myself wanting to travel with Ronnie and Gavin to the In Between as they call it. What i ...more
Amy Pro
Dec 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I won this book from the author and wasn't totally sure what to expect. I was extremely surprised and impressed. I just loved it. I thought Ronnie was a great character. She is spunky. Gavin is a great character too. Was a great beginning to a series. A voyage of discovery. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next in this story, to see where the characters go and how the grow and mature. I'm so glad I entered the giveaway and won. It was so worth it!!! Thank you Erin!!!
Gina Stamm
Ugh. 79% through and i just couldn't do it anymore. The mc is self centered, info dumps everywhere...and I just couldn't suspend the disbelief anymore. I'm sure it works for others out there, but not for me.
Elen Tabita Bertoldi

What if getting inked, making a birthday wish and getting struck by a lightning could change your whole life in a whole amazing way?

Veronica or Ronnie, like she is often called, decided to get a tattoo for her birthday so she could be someone she wanted to be instead of shadowed by her big brother reputation. But she never thought that after this tattoo she would het struck by lightning, not get hurt at all by it, and then having several guys lining up for
Kelly French
Aug 19, 2013 rated it did not like it
I'm not going to lie, I didn't finish this book, so maybe it gets better down the line, but I was so unimpressed by this. The main character was a whiny, privileged girl who was convinced her parents hated her, though they did nothing to suggest it. Every boy who breaths air seems to fall madly in love with her, including a man IN HIS TWENTIES! She's only JUST turned 15! Not only is it unbelievable, it's a horrible suggestion for young readers.

Over all, though, it was just boring. Endless talk
Erin Danzer
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I don't believe in leaving a review for something I created, but I will say I had a lot of fun creating this world and these characters. Ronnie and Gavin are two of my favorite characters! I hope you enjoy getting to know them and join their journey through the Spiral, starting with this book.
Dianne
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A fun romance fantasy. Great characters, interesting world and a plot you won't be able to guess!
Erin Danzer
Dec 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I don't feel it is right to review my own book, but I will say that every time I go to review/edit something, I get lost in the story and end up just reading. I hope that happens to you as well!
M.R. Polish
Jul 13, 2014
Drea Shane
Mar 05, 2018
Taylor
rated it did not like it
Apr 02, 2015
Mairyn
Aug 02, 2015
Bobbi
Feb 06, 2017

• Girl Undercover (Book 1)
  • Element, Part 1 (The Natalie Vega Saga, #1)
  • Witches' Brew (Witches and Wine, #1)
  • The Darkest Thread (The Flint K-9 Search and Rescue Mysteries #1)
  • Bleed
  • Pinehurst
  • Everything you didn't know about the Casey Anthony Trial
  • Even Good Girls: A Murder Mystery
  • Footloose & Faerie Free
  • Witch's Bell 1 (Witch's Bell #1)
  • Redemption Lake (A Winston Radhauser Mystery #1)
  • The Watchers (The Watchers, #1)
  • Dinosaur Lake
  • Critical Vulnerability: A Sasha McCandless Companion Novel (Aroostine Higgins #1)
  • Works of Darkness (Matt Foley/Sara Bradford, #1)
  • Beauty in Flight (Beauty in Flight #1)
  • Dissent (Band of Believers #1)
  • Ben's Story (The Hill #1)
Hello, everyone! I'm a mother of two beautiful boys, an avid reader as well as a now-published author. I LOVE anything Young Adult, though I usually gravitate towards the paranormal/supernatural/scifi sides of things.

FYI, even though they are still listed, the three books of the Mason Ridge Trilogy (Losing Control, Losing Heart, and Losing It All) have been discontinued. I hope to re-release them