Start by marking “A Gentleman's Honor with Bonus Material (Bastion Club, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Gentleman's Honor with Bonus Material (Bastion Club, #2)

A Gentleman's Honor with Bonus Material

(Bastion Club #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  4,606 ratings  ·  155 reviews
In A Gentleman's Honor, the Season has yet to begin, and the second member of the Bastion Club, tall, handsome Anthony Blake, Viscount Torrington, is already a target for every matchmaking mama in London. None of their flighty daughters can fix his interest, but a certain lady does...

Alicia is living a deception. Desperation has caused the determined but penniless lady to
Published December 11th 2012 by Avon (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about A Gentleman's Honor with Bonus Material, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Gentleman's Honor with Bonus Material

really liked it 4.00  ·

Sammy Loves Books
2.5 boring stars

I'm sad to say this was my least favorite of the series so far. I usually love Stephanie Laurens so I'm bummed that this book was so lackluster.

So one thing I hate is liars and the heroine fabricates a major lie that is totally glossed over as "no big deal". Her lie is fabricated to help manipulate the ton and advance her family. Not very endearing.

I felt no connection to the hero and never once wanted to take the place of the heroine. His love making was detached and methodical.
Lori McD
I must admit that I'm intrigued by these books... I can't say I'm hooked, but there's definitely a quality about Ms. Laurens' writing that draws me into a story and keeps me there.

I enjoy the characters and the situations. I like getting to know more of the Bastion Club members as they play small roles in each book, helping each other out of the tough spots. What I don't understand, though, is how their club is helping ANY of the members for it's main purpose: helping each man to find a bride o
skywalker (uninspired)
ATTENTION PLEASE!
I hereby declare that i’m going to practice abstinence, atleast for the next 12 months. My recent escapade has me retching. Constantly. For 3 days straight.

Hey fellow goodreader, stop your dirty mind from assuming things! I meant I’ll stop with reading historical romances for the next year and the reason for that decision and the puking would be this book. And the other books from this genre that I’ve read.

Word of advice- you can go back to rereading JA and finding similar bo

Kit★
Book two on my slow quest to work my way through this series. I read it before, years and years ago, and I vaguely remembered liking it, so I had hope that I'd enjoy it, especially after getting to see Tony a bit in Captain Jack's Woman.
Within a few chapters, my mind had decided that Tony was going to be played by James Purefoy, for some reason. (view spoiler) Since my mind had cast someone for Trentham in the last book as well, I just rolled with it. Maybe it'll keep it up and
Yasmin
Jan 28, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cheesy-romance
Lauren
A Gentleman's Honor
2 Stars

While the murder/espionage plot has definite potential, there are too many implausible twists and turns.

Tony and Alicia have great chemistry, but the number of sex scenes is excessive and Laurens' purple prose is starting to grate on the nerves. I obviously need to take a break from her writing.
Chitra *CJ*
"A Gentleman's Honor" is the story of Anthony and Alicia.

After her parents die unexpectedly and leave Alicia almost destitute and incharge of her four siblings- three younger brothers and a ravishing sister Adriana, she decides to masquerade as Mrs Alicia Carrington, to introduce and act as a matron for her sister to the ton- in order to get her a suitable match.
When a gentleman Ruskin discovers her deception, and decides to blackmail her- she doesn't know he will be found stabbed with a heel in
Verity W
Didn't love this. A bit plodding and slow and the mystery was very much a side show and I wanted more from it. Never mind.
fleurette
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to fleurette by: Katie
I heard about Stephanie Laurens many years ago, at the begging of my adventure with romance books. All the time I've been reading romances I was aware of her existence and I heard many good things about her books. So, how did it happen that I have never read any of her novels? I have no idea but it's a serious shame. After all these years I have finally read a book by Laurens and I wish I did it much earlier. It was such a good read.

First of all, I really appreciate when the plot starts at the v
Katie(babs)
Stephanie Laurens writes good stories with steamy love scenes that can go on for pages and heros to die for. Anthony (Tony) Blake is one of them. He is comparable to a Cynster hero, which if you are a fan of Laurens, you know what he is about. He is handsome, trustworthy, and very possesive of the heroine who is bound to become his mate in every sense.

Alicia is the heroine. She pretends to be a widow so her younger sister can have a season in the Ton and find a good husband. This facade almost
Carrie Olguin
Here's the thing: I enjoyed the story except for two "buts"

First "but" is the prose change for the sex scenes, as if written by a completely different author. Purple comes to mind. The writer of these sections doesn't seem to know how to use "and" properly. Words ending in "ly" abound, often more than one in a row. And the concept repetition in the same sentence, ugh. You have to read it to understand.

Second "but" is the "little misunderstanding" between the H and h - he has chosen her as his wi
LaFleurBleue
My good impression of this series lasted only until this book.
I so wanted to read about Tony Torrington and had great expectations for him. I was just so wrong.
To start with the positive things, I really liked the progressive discoveries behind the investigation of the smuggling/shipping mystery and the final scheme was rather unusual, very realistic and well created and hidden.
However the villain was so easy to identify;( I never could understand how the hero fell in love with the female lead,
Helene Harrison
Review - I didn't like Alicia as much as I did Kit and Leonora in both Captain Jack's Woman and The Lady Chosen. I just felt that Alicia wasn't as well-formed as the former two heroines. I also didn't like Tony as much as Jack and Tristan. It was obvious from the beginning that Freddie was the villain. This was my least favourite of the Bastion Club series so far. However, I did really love the mystery and how all of the Bastion Club came to be involved. I hope the rest continue in this vein, bu ...more
Amanda
Feb 07, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This is one in the Bastion Club series. I'm not sure which one, but I believe it is the second. I usually like Lauren's rather heavy style of writing, but this one has too much introspection. Perhaps it was the ereader program I was using, but by the time I felt like I was ready for the story to take off, there it went off into introspection land again. This is one of those reads that if the hero & heroine had a good, honest, conversation with one another instead of bed hopping, then this bo ...more
Maria
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I had to skip so much of this book that I felt like I was playing a game of hopscotch. The sex scenes were so prolific that they soon got boring. On the plus side, skipping them made the storyline pace pick up amazingly well. Most of the time I kept asking myself, "Who ARE these people?" They made almost no sense from a Regency perspective. Clearly I am going to have to re-read Georgette Heyer to remind myself of what Regency times were actually like.
Kate
2.5 stars but this book was at least seventy-five pages too long.
Molly
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous, steamy, suspenseful, lovely read! Stephanie Laurens at her best!
Melissa McHugh
Overall Response

In my review of The Lady Chosen, I said that A Gentleman's Honor was my first Stephanie Laurens book, and that I had liked it enough to go to my local library and get a few more books. I think it was actually The Promise in a Kiss, the prequel to the Cynster series that convinced me to invest more heavily in her backlist.

With the passage of maybe fourteen years, do I still like this book enough? If I had read it today, would I see more books by this author? When I went to Goodrea
Amanda Hopeless.Book.Romantic
“Passion, desire, and love. The smallest word held the greatest power.”

A Gentleman’s Honor is the second novel in the Bastion Club series by Stephanie Laurens. It is probably my favorite in this historical romance series. Anthony Blake, Viscount Torrington has just finished his service as a war-time spy for the crown. Anthony and his fellow spies have banded together to create the Bastion Club to survive the ton and those pesky match-making mamas. Mrs. Alicia Carrington is acting as chaperone to
Kari Chapman
Mar 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Better than book 1 in the series, but still didn't really hold my attention. Tony does a better job of listening to Alicia and taking her seriously as a partner than Jack or Tristan, but in this case the plot could have used a bit more time and less time on the sex scenes. But that's also likely a me problem, not a problem with the writing, because I certainly used to love Laurens' books.
Jo
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, ebooks
Isn't this pretty much the first book, but with siblings? I did like the family feel of this book, but again the hero won't take no for an answer and he puts the heroine in an untenable position where she's being seduced whether she says no or not. I dislike a lack of respect explained by, oh that's just how an alpha male is.
TinaMarie
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jennifer Hevern
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am really enjoying the Bastion Club series. The stories are great romances with a good mystery attached.
Ann
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read a lot of her books now I am catching up on the reviews can't wait to read more books by her
Cat
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice, page-turning story, VERY steamy, and fun. It's no prize-winner, but a teeth-sinking novel. I enjoyed it, for my sins!
Kem
Mar 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting plot, but not much excitement until the end. It moves slowly when you want it get on. This book would have been better if there were more danger along the way.
joyce ryder
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book and liked it.The story line flowed well and was enjoyable the characters believable and interesting seeming to come alive.I n fact I brought the next book inline
Maura
Snigdha Prakash
I liked the book in general.
Though I guess it lacked the level of thrill which I found in some other works of this author.
The romance was a little hit and miss.
It kind of felt repetitive at times and I just wanted the author to move on.
I like the gradual build up of romance in a book but it felt here that the romance kind of took a backseat and I missed it.
Though loved the ending. Especially the proposal.
Cruth
Author: Stephanie Laurens
First published: 2003
Length: 441 pages
Setting: London, 1816 (Regency).
Sex: Explicit. Frequent. Varied.

There's lots of sex in this book. Lots and lots of sex. From heavy snogging and foreplay we quickly proceed into more sex than story.

And yet the story isn't shortchanged.

"A Gentleman's Honor" is the epitome of this style of book. A good, well-written plot with heavy, explicit sex scenes appropriate to the story arc and relationship development.

But sometimes I miss a good
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• My Scandalous Bride
  • Seducing the Spy (Royal Four, #4)
  • The Wedding Night of an English Rogue (Boscastle, #3)
  • Who Will Take This Man? (Regency, #1)
  • Only a Duke Will Do (School for Heiresses, #2)
  • Lord of Ice (Knight Miscellany, #3)
  • Pleasure for Pleasure (Essex Sisters, #4)
  • A Deal With the Devil (Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron #4)
  • Slightly Scandalous (Bedwyn Saga, #3)
  • The Wedding Game (Matchmaker Duncan Sisters, #3)
Stephanie Laurens was born in Sri Lanka, which was at the time the British colony of Ceylon. When she was 5, her family moved to Melbourne, Australia, where she was raised. After continuing through school and earning a Ph.D. in Biochemistry in Australia, Stephanie and her husband moved to Great Britain, taking one of the last true overland journeys from Katmandu to London.

Once in London, Stephanie

Bastion Club (8 books)
  • The Lady Chosen (Bastion Club, #1)
  • A Lady of His Own (Bastion Club, #3)
  • A Fine Passion (Bastion Club, #4)
  • To Distraction (Bastion Club, #5)
  • Beyond Seduction (Bastion Club, #6)
  • The Edge of Desire (Bastion Club, #7)
  • Mastered By Love (Bastion Club, #8)