Start by marking “Moonrise Kingdom” as Want to Read:
Moonrise Kingdom

Moonrise Kingdom

4.46  ·  Rating details ·  172 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Moonrise Kingdom is set in 1965 on an island off the coast of New England. It's the end of the summer and the seasonal hurricanes loom on the horizon. Set against this background is a romance between two twelve-year-olds: Lucy Bishop, (who lives on the island with her parents [Bill Murray and Frances McDormand] and three younger brothers) and Sam (an orphan who is camping ...more
Published May 2012 by Faber and Faber

Mic
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
see the movie: it'll make you a better person
Eli
Jul 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Seems like I'm giving 5 stars to every book I read these days. But what can I do? This script was amazing. If you imagined every scene, you could see how beautiful it was, how magical and at the same time realistic things were happening between the people. The only problem was that, surprisingly, there were lots of unknown words to me, I had to check the dictionary every second.
And there's something nice about the name. Though I read somewhere that some critic thought that it wasn't proper for
Rebecca McNutt
The play version of Wes Anderson's nostalgic and strange film Moonrise Kingdom is just as good as the film, in fact it puts every scene from the film into focus which was really cool. I just wish I could find a print copy because I hate reading e-books.
Adam
Dec 31, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Moonrise Kingdom is my favourite movie of the year (2012 has indeed been a disappointing year for cinema, especially for foreign-language and arthouse releases, though it has given us some killer mainstream releases in the likes of Django Unchained and Skyfall, but that's no knock against Moonrise Kingdom), and may be my second favourite film directed by Wes Anderson, after Rushmore, but the screenplay is likely the third best for a Wes Anderson-directed movie, since The Royal Tenenbaums reads s ...more
Kristin
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This book was actually a short screenplay on which the movie was based. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I definitely want to see it now because I really loved the screenplay! It was so charming and funny! I would recommend it to anyone beacause it is a light and fast yet enjoyable read.
Kaylee N.
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite books!
Averi
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Moonrise Kingdom is about two twelve year olds, Sam and Suzy, who fall in love. They run off with each other and adventure on the island of New Penzance. They have many difficulties, but they help each other through these. This is a screenplay, so it was written for the movie but it has slightly different things that happen, but 99% it is just like the movie.

I really enjoyed reading this screenplay and seeing how Wes Anderson wrote it and how it compared to the movie. The really cool thing about
Sloan ibanez
I LOVED the movie soooo much!!!!! I really really can't wait to read the book. I love Wes Anderson and the whole idea of the movie. I want to know more about Suzy and Sam. This is a Must read for me!!!!!
Uri Baruchin
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First time I'm reading a Wes Anderson script. It's interesting to see how his typical composition of alternating tableaux vivant moments with measured kinetic explosions persists on a language level.
Also I have a particular soft spot for this one. It's delightful.
Rosemary
Oct 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After seeing the film, which I loved, it was fun to read the screenplay. I haven't read many screenplays, so it was interesting to see how the characters are developed and the landscapes described, then to remember how it was all brought to life in this charming, quirky and moving film.
Hecatombe
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First time reading a screenplay, it was fantastic. I loved Wes Anderson's creativity, the story is very original. The end is not what you really expect, which is good but leaves you with a strange, indescribable feeling.
Megan
Oct 29, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I just recently saw a commercial for the movie, and just had to check out the book! It looks great and I can't wait to read it!
Kiera
Sep 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved reading this as an ebook. Reading it after seeing the film really brought Anderson's craftsmanship home.
Albee Wei
Mar 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Little Miss Sunshine: The Shooting Script
  • Inglourious Basterds
  • O Brother, Where Art Thou?
  • The Short and Incredibly Happy Life of Riley
  • The Artificer's Apprentice
  • Resurrection of Liberty
  • Inception: The Shooting Script
  • Defiance:The Essential Guide
  • The Gabon Virus (TSI: Time Scene Investigators, #1)
  • Centuries Of Meditations
  • Escape From The Forbidden Planet
  • Natural Theology
  • Top of My Lungs
Wesley Wales Anderson is an American director, writer, and producer of features, short films and commercials. He was nominated for a 2001 Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay for The Royal Tenenbaums.
More about Wes Anderson...

“What happened to your hand?
It got hit by a mirror.
How'd that happen?
I lost my temper at myself.”
20 likes