Start by marking “An Offer He Can't Refuse” as Want to Read:
An Offer He Can't Refuse

An Offer He Can't Refuse

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  1,124 Ratings  ·  74 Reviews
Madison Phillips needs a husband fast. Someone who can put on the performance of his life…someone tall, dark and temporary.

According to her grandfather's trust, she must marry before she turns thirty if she wants to inherit millions of dollars. Otherwise, the money will go to her cousin, Heather.

Jackson Lang, a thirty-four-year-old self-made millionaire, lost his father
Published December 3rd 2012 by Theresa Ragan

To ask other readers questions about An Offer He Can't Refuse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Offer He Can't Refuse

Dee
Jan 12, 2013 rated it liked it
A bitch of a cousin, a man who trusts the wrong person while trying to the right thing and a loveable female lead with millions at stake.
Who do to trust??!

This was a fun read and while it was pretty predictable in part, it was still good. :)
Denise
Feb 26, 2013 rated it did not like it
This one gave up too much of the story in the first few pages. Knowing that the guy was in on it from the beginning because of her cousin kinda sucked. (I don't consider that a spoiler since it is said outright on like page 3.)
Lindsey
Feb 21, 2013 marked it as to-read
Amazon (ebook) freebie 2/21/13
Tessa Teevan
Oct 26, 2013 rated it liked it
3-3.5 Stars. This was a really cute, sweet contemporary romance novel :)
Kimi
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Super quick cute read and exactly what I needed today. I'm all about the happily ever after <3
Jeanette Hornby
A thoroughly enjoyable tale. I liked the characters and the situation they were in. A good read for romance lovers.
Diane Plant
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
loved this book.............
Linda
Mar 02, 2013 rated it liked it
I was looking for a good romance book, and this nearly fit the bill with a few hits and misses. Another reader noted that the book didn't work for her because you knew early on that Jackson knew Madison and was in on the scheme to make sure she didn't get the money. In fact, that actually was not bad for me. I liked the fact that Madison really didn't want to do this, but had no choice. She really needed the money for a good cause, and her cousin was just blowing money on gambling. Is it realist ...more
Danielle Tiegen
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it

Madison needs a husband fast. Someone who can put on the performance of his life…someone tall, dark and temporary.

Madison needs to be married for at least 3 months before her 30th birthday to receive 2 million dollars from her grandfather's estate. Time is running out. Madison's friend, Jen, goes husband shopping with her to a couple bars one night. Jen points out Collin and Jackson. Madison was far too attracted to Jackson, so she asked his friend Collin to marry her. He laughed at the
Vânia Nunes
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
"Madison precisa arrumar um marido e rápido. Alguém que se encaixe para fazer uma performance perfeita: alto, sombrio.... e temporário."

Quando vi a capa do livro e a sinopse tão pequenininha, pensei logo que se tratava de um desses livros de leitura rápida e engraçada. E não me enganei.

Madison precisa de um marido antes de completar 30 anos. Tudo porque o testamento de seu avô deixou claro que, ou ela se casava e permanecia casada por pelo menos 3 meses, antes de completar 30 anos, ou todo o seu
Mel
Mar 05, 2013 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars.

Madison needs to find a husband by her 30 birthday to receive an inheritance that her grandfather left her so she can continue to help out a youth center. However, Heather, Madison's cousin has other plans for that money. Both woman have a proposition for Jackson if he is willing to marry Madison. A three months marriage with no strings attached couldn't be so hard. Could it?

I liked Madison's innocence. She didn't come off naive which I really enjoyed. She had her insecurities but
Sandhya
Jun 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Ms . Ragan is becoming one of my favourite author day by day! I'm continuously reading only her books from last two days and each book is so captivating and easy to read...iam finishing each one of them in just 3-4 hours!! I think An offer he can't refuse is the shortest...and it was a sweet read....full of romance!! I just love such books which makes you feel so happy after reading it...I can't say the feeling! The book is predictable but its fun to read....to read a book without any big confli ...more
Saicel
Feb 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Due to Madison's grandfather's will which states Madison must be married for at least 3 months prior to her 30th birthday to receive 2 million dollars. Madison needs a husband fast. So her & BFF Jen find two available gentlemen. Madison asked Collin to be her husband but, it's his buddy Jackson Lang that agrees to the marriage for three months at which time he would receive $100,000. In steps Heather Garrett, Madison's cousin how will she put a wrinkle in the ruse?

Theresa writes with humor
Vivian
Sep 02, 2016 rated it did not like it
Madison needs to find a husband if she wants to inherit the 2 million dollars left by her grandfather. Jackson, bachelor extraordinaire, fits the bill. He has no desire to wed, but is willing to, if the price is right.
~ This is the 2nd Ragan book I've read that's written like a bad soap opera. Dramatic to the point of ridiculous. "Apologize to my fiancée right now for making her feel badly." Yikes! I've come to the conclusion that I prefer T.R. Ragan's thrillers. Romance is not her forte, in my
Pam H
Dec 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amazon, rich, hes-hot, 2x, z2013, z2014
Madison needs a husband fast to claim her inheritance and she needs to stay married for 90 days. Jackson is gorgeous, rich and a committed bachelor but he is paying back a debt by looking out for Heather. He has agreed to be the guy Madison marries only to pull out before the 90th day.

Jackson should have been able to see through Heather's story and done a better background check before he dove into the situation. that was a little weak but otherwise it was enjoyable.

2nd read June 21, 2014
Julie
Apr 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Well this book was just ok for me. It was a bit slow in the beginning and picked up and turned out pretty good towards the end. I did like both main characters and the supporting characters where like able as well. I guess maybe he storyline line was just a little over done for me, there really wasn't anything original about it. On a positive it was well written and not a lot of editing mistakes. It was an enjoyable short read.
Bree
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013, kindle-freebie
I imagine hundreds of words and paragraphs floating around in cyber space - just wondering how they got left out of this book. Because, without them, this is possibly most disjointed piece of fluff I've ever read.

Thankfully, it was free on kindle. Sadly, my Kindle Fire (my lovely and beautiful new toy) may start getting some reading rest unless (a) the freebies get better or (b) I receive a substantial amount of money so I can buy whatever books I want.
Becca Mitchell
Mar 09, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a cute short story that isn't bad at all considering it's free on Amazon. I would read more from this author.

It was well written and had a good story line. The only part, I felt that could have been better was when the betrayal was revealed. I wish the author would have done that differently or elaborated more details after it happened with Madison.
grumpyoldbird
This was a nice, easy read. It was predictable, but that's why I liked it, I didn't need to think too much, this would be an excellent holiday read. It was well written, no spelling errors, so all in all a bloody good book.

If you're looking for a hot, smutty read, then this isn't the book for you. If you're looking for a good bit of chick lit, then this is the book for you.
Samara
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. The idea seems.....borrowed....I've read it before. But the characters were genuine and likable and Jackson, though stubborn and a bit slow on the uptake, was a great main male role. I loved his brother, so fun.
Not a deep story, but a light, cute read.
Lori
Sep 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
This is the first book that I read by this author but it definitely won't be the last. I enjoyed the way she can pull you into the story and you find yourself getting so invested in these characters. I love Madison and Jackson and definitely recommend this book.
KStar
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This has been on my mini tbr list and finally had the chance to read this. I just couldn't stop I had to know what was going to happen. How it was going to end. Loved it! This was a sweet, fun story to read. Will be definitely checking out this author's other books as well. :)
Josephine
Aug 01, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5
I love a good marriage of convenience story. I liked the overall plot, the changing feelings between Jackson and Madison were believable. I found some of the dialogue to be stilted, almost like it was an old book rewritten for a more modern reader.
Issa
Apr 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Pretty standard chick-lit romance. The writing was engaging but I felt it was a little lazy. There was room for more story here. I feel like the author could have put a little more time into it and made it a little longer and a more satisfying read.
Jennifer Kinsey
Four Contemporary Romances
Claudia Burgoa
Feb 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-read
Theresa Ragan's stories are quirky and entertaining. Nothing deep or fantastic, but they're nice reads to pass time. And this one was free on amazon too, so double treat!
Emily Shoop
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
great love story. love... love... love.
Soniapers
Feb 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Cute and easy read!!!
  • It's In His Kiss
  • Iced Romance
  • Best Laid Plans
  • Planning for Love (Aisle Bound, #1)
  • Deception (International Romance, #1)
  • In My Arms (Philadelphia, #1)
  • Undercover Heat
  • More Than Memories
  • Crazy Love (Looking for Love, #2)
  • Here at Last
  • Save Me (Me, #2)
  • Gambling on Love (Travis Series #1)
  • Love on the Line (The Line, #1)
  • Lucky Charm
  • Turnagain Love (Sisters of Spirit, #1)
  • Another Dawn
  • Minding Amy
  • The Abducted Heart
T.R. Ragan (Theresa Ragan) is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestselling mystery and thriller author.

Readers interested in signing up for a monthly newsletter or getting their name in a TR RAGAN book should check out her website at www.trragan.com

Facebook • Twitter • Instagram: @trraganauthor

Almost Dead
Evil Never Dies
More about Theresa Ragan

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • A Desperate Fortune
    $16.99 $2.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be