Start by marking “An Offer He Can't Refuse” as Want to Read:
An Offer He Can't Refuse

An Offer He Can't Refuse

Madison Phillips needs a husband fast. Someone who can put on the performance of his life…someone tall, dark and temporary.

According to her grandfather's trust, she must marry before she turns thirty if she wants to inherit millions of dollars. Otherwise, the money will go to her cousin, Heather.

Jackson Lang, a thirty-four-year-old self-made millionaire, lost his father
Published December 3rd 2012 by Theresa Ragan

To ask other readers questions about An Offer He Can't Refuse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Offer He Can't Refuse

Start your review of An Offer He Can't Refuse
Dee
Jan 12, 2013 rated it liked it
A bitch of a cousin, a man who trusts the wrong person while trying to the right thing and a loveable female lead with millions at stake.
Who do to trust??!

This was a fun read and while it was pretty predictable in part, it was still good. :)
Denise
Feb 26, 2013 rated it did not like it
This one gave up too much of the story in the first few pages. Knowing that the guy was in on it from the beginning because of her cousin kinda sucked. (I don't consider that a spoiler since it is said outright on like page 3.)
Jeanette Hornby
A thoroughly enjoyable tale. I liked the characters and the situation they were in. A good read for romance lovers.
Tessa Teevan
Oct 26, 2013 rated it liked it
3-3.5 Stars. This was a really cute, sweet contemporary romance novel :)
Kimi
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Super quick cute read and exactly what I needed today. I'm all about the happily ever after <3
Kristie Reilly
Jan 29, 2019 rated it liked it
I felt like you knew how it would end after the second chapter. H is to easily manipulate for stupid reason. Ok read, would recommend but would not personally read again.
Diane Plant
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
loved this book.............
Linda
Mar 02, 2013 rated it liked it
I was looking for a good romance book, and this nearly fit the bill with a few hits and misses. Another reader noted that the book didn't work for her because you knew early on that Jackson knew Madison and was in on the scheme to make sure she didn't get the money. In fact, that actually was not bad for me. I liked the fact that Madison really didn't want to do this, but had no choice. She really needed the money for a good cause, and her cousin was just blowing money on gambling. Is it realist ...more
Danielle Tiegen
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it

Madison needs a husband fast. Someone who can put on the performance of his life…someone tall, dark and temporary.

Madison needs to be married for at least 3 months before her 30th birthday to receive 2 million dollars from her grandfather's estate. Time is running out. Madison's friend, Jen, goes husband shopping with her to a couple bars one night. Jen points out Collin and Jackson. Madison was far too attracted to Jackson, so she asked his friend Collin to marr
Mel
Mar 05, 2013 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars.

Madison needs to find a husband by her 30 birthday to receive an inheritance that her grandfather left her so she can continue to help out a youth center. However, Heather, Madison's cousin has other plans for that money. Both woman have a proposition for Jackson if he is willing to marry Madison. A three months marriage with no strings attached couldn't be so hard. Could it?

I liked Madison's innocence. She didn't come off naive which I really enjoyed. She had her insecurities but
Sandhya
Jun 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Ms . Ragan is becoming one of my favourite author day by day! I'm continuously reading only her books from last two days and each book is so captivating and easy to read...iam finishing each one of them in just 3-4 hours!! I think An offer he can't refuse is the shortest...and it was a sweet read....full of romance!! I just love such books which makes you feel so happy after reading it...I can't say the feeling! The book is predictable but its fun to read....to read a book without any big confli ...more
Vivian
Sep 02, 2016 rated it did not like it
Madison needs to find a husband if she wants to inherit the 2 million dollars left by her grandfather. Jackson, bachelor extraordinaire, fits the bill. He has no desire to wed, but is willing to, if the price is right.
~ This is the 2nd Ragan book I've read that's written like a bad soap opera. Dramatic to the point of ridiculous. "Apologize to my fiancée right now for making her feel badly." Yikes! I've come to the conclusion that I prefer T.R. Ragan's thrillers. Romance is not her forte,
Saicel
Feb 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Due to Madison's grandfather's will which states Madison must be married for at least 3 months prior to her 30th birthday to receive 2 million dollars. Madison needs a husband fast. So her & BFF Jen find two available gentlemen. Madison asked Collin to be her husband but, it's his buddy Jackson Lang that agrees to the marriage for three months at which time he would receive $100,000. In steps Heather Garrett, Madison's cousin how will she put a wrinkle in the ruse?

Theresa writes with humor
Pam H
Dec 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amazon, hes-hot, rich, 2x, z2014, z2013
Madison needs a husband fast to claim her inheritance and she needs to stay married for 90 days. Jackson is gorgeous, rich and a committed bachelor but he is paying back a debt by looking out for Heather. He has agreed to be the guy Madison marries only to pull out before the 90th day.

Jackson should have been able to see through Heather's story and done a better background check before he dove into the situation. that was a little weak but otherwise it was enjoyable.

Bree
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013, kindle-freebie
I imagine hundreds of words and paragraphs floating around in cyber space - just wondering how they got left out of this book. Because, without them, this is possibly most disjointed piece of fluff I've ever read.

Thankfully, it was free on kindle. Sadly, my Kindle Fire (my lovely and beautiful new toy) may start getting some reading rest unless (a) the freebies get better or (b) I receive a substantial amount of money so I can buy whatever books I want.
Julie
Apr 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Well this book was just ok for me. It was a bit slow in the beginning and picked up and turned out pretty good towards the end. I did like both main characters and the supporting characters where like able as well. I guess maybe he storyline line was just a little over done for me, there really wasn't anything original about it. On a positive it was well written and not a lot of editing mistakes. It was an enjoyable short read.
grumpyoldbird
This was a nice, easy read. It was predictable, but that's why I liked it, I didn't need to think too much, this would be an excellent holiday read. It was well written, no spelling errors, so all in all a bloody good book.

If you're looking for a hot, smutty read, then this isn't the book for you. If you're looking for a good bit of chick lit, then this is the book for you.
Becca Mitchell
Mar 09, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a cute short story that isn't bad at all considering it's free on Amazon. I would read more from this author.

It was well written and had a good story line. The only part, I felt that could have been better was when the betrayal was revealed. I wish the author would have done that differently or elaborated more details after it happened with Madison.
Lori
Sep 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
This is the first book that I read by this author but it definitely won't be the last. I enjoyed the way she can pull you into the story and you find yourself getting so invested in these characters. I love Madison and Jackson and definitely recommend this book.
JOCA
Aug 01, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5
I love a good marriage of convenience story. I liked the overall plot, the changing feelings between Jackson and Madison were believable. I found some of the dialogue to be stilted, almost like it was an old book rewritten for a more modern reader.
KStar
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This has been on my mini tbr list and finally had the chance to read this. I just couldn't stop I had to know what was going to happen. How it was going to end. Loved it! This was a sweet, fun story to read. Will be definitely checking out this author's other books as well. :)
Samara
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. The idea seems.....borrowed....I've read it before. But the characters were genuine and likable and Jackson, though stubborn and a bit slow on the uptake, was a great main male role. I loved his brother, so fun.
Not a deep story, but a light, cute read.
Issa
Apr 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Pretty standard chick-lit romance. The writing was engaging but I felt it was a little lazy. There was room for more story here. I feel like the author could have put a little more time into it and made it a little longer and a more satisfying read.
Danielle Oldfield
Sep 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I though it was a nice little story, had mixed feelings going into the book, but I enjoyed it :)
Bia
Jan 14, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!

This is a cute, fast and light book! If you want much drama and sometimes a funny story, this is the book for you!

I loved how these two evolved to a relationship!
Cici
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was ok
Not as good as the others. This was not as fueled by the chemistry. This one fell back on sex. no thanks!
grace
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
I felt okay.. but not so good. Its like some parts WTF???how come people will become this much stupid.
Luisa Rivas
Mar 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Fluff, but entertaining. There were some in-congruencies in the story, needs editing.
gail biggerstaff
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An offer

I loved reading this book. Can't wait to read the other books she wrote. Very entertaining, a fun and easy read. So glad to have a new author to add to my collection.
Oanh
May 06, 2014 is currently reading it
Shelves: box-set
Four Contemporary Romances
« previous 1 3 next »

• Evil Never Dies (Lizzy Gardner, #6)
  • Almost Dead (Lizzy Gardner #5)
  • Dead Weight (Lizzy Gardner, #2)
  • Wrath (Faith McMann Trilogy, #3)
  • Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy, #1)
  • Outrage (Faith McMann Trilogy, #2)
  • Obsessed (Lizzy Gardner #4)
  • Follow Me Home (Detectives Kane and Alton, #3)
  • A Dark Mind (Lizzy Gardner #3)
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
  • Whisper of Bones (Widow's Island #3)
  • Deadly Recall (Jessie Cole, #2)
  • Taste for Trouble (Blake Brothers Trilogy, #1)
  • Just a Little Crush (Just a Little, #1)
  • Speak Now: or Forever Hold Your Peace
  • Ice (Dr. Leah Andrews and Jack Hobson Thrillers, #1)
  • Deranged (Jessie Cole, #3)
  • Sweet Indulgence (Charleston Harbor #1)
T.R. Ragan (Theresa Ragan) is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestselling mystery and thriller author.

Readers interested in signing up for a monthly newsletter or getting their name in a TR RAGAN book should check out her website at www.trragan.com

Facebook • Twitter • Instagram: @trraganauthor