Start by marking “Assimilate” as Want to Read:
Assimilate

Assimilate

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  44 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
I've come to like people, the ones I've gotten to know so far at Buena Vista High School. I even love some of them. This is probably what made the killing possible for me.

What I feel bad about now is not the killing I did, so much as the killing I didn't do. My family and friends and everyone in our society considers us heroes- me, Nick and Andy. And I would wholeheartedly
Paperback
Published December 24th 2012 by Createspace (first published December 6th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Assimilate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Assimilate

Ashley Kennedy
Dec 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Assimilate was a riveting story that had me turning pages late into night. At first I didn't know what to expect. The book starts out giving you the idea tha something terrible has happened and then chapter 2 immediately takes you back to the real beginning. The main character, Tan Michaels, is from a society that has not mingled with the rest of the world but their high commanders think its time. Tan is given an "assignment" (like a job for them)to attend the local high school and to begin to " ...more
Barbara Thompson
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book thoroughly. It's a young adult novel (and I'm not a young adult). But thought I'd give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised to find myself enjoying it like I did.I could relate to all the characters and the plot kept my attention. I would recommend this book to all ages.I started and finished in one night. I couldn't bring myself to put it down. I will be looking forward to the next one. Good job!
Emily Jack
Dec 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Page-turning Young Adult Sci-fi/Dystopian Romance about a genetically superior sixteen-year old guy from a reclusive society in California who is assigned to "assimilate" with the local teens.

If you liked the Matched series by Ally Condie, the Divergent series by Veronica Roth, or the Delirium Series by Veronica Lauren Oliver, you'll like this book.
Larry
Dec 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recent-favs
This book is great... and unexpected! It starts out with a bit of a high-school romance feel, and continues into a story with a lot of suspense and action. I loved all of it. It is written from a first person point of view. The main character, Tanner (mostly called 'Tan'), is from a society of genetically altered beings. He has been chosen to attend the local high school to gain information to assist with his society's long held plan to assimilate into the "normal" human population.

The author ha
Annah
Jan 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was pretty awesome. The fact that it was an original science fiction was the best part. I can't say I've read anything similar to it before. Assimilate really grabbed me in right from the beginning, especially after I read the prologue. I really liked the characters in the book, even if I didn't like what kind of characters they were. They were really well developed and the author did a great job of providing some background information and history so I could really see what type of pe ...more
wrecked_life
Dec 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fiction
A friend recommended it and i am looking forward to read it. it sounds like an interesting read :)
Ashley Stoyanoff
Dec 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to love this book. The excerpt used as the back cover story gripped me right away and I was super excited to jump into this story.

The overall plot was interesting. Genetically enhanced people living in an underground society, trying to merge into the real world. It was kind of cool, especially the explanation of the gene manipulation.

The first chapter was great. It gives a little bit of everything: nervous tension, suspense, mystery. It was a perfect start, but then…it slows, a
Debbie
Feb 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I can't wait for more in this series! Really great book, storyline and characters! :-)
Melissa ownsbey
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
this book was aswesome fast read i enjoyed it much the chatrers were great i hope to read more from you in thre futre
Parausanu Emanuel-Liviu
  • I Rize
  • Semper
  • Viking
  • The Cellar
  • Watchdogg and the Ghost Army (Forty Days to Armageddon #2)
  • Summer Falls
  • Lie Down With Dogs (Loi Cramer #2)
  • Desperado's Wife
  • Outcast
  • Fated
  • Ghosts Don't Wear Silk Stockings
  • The Athlete Within You: A Mental Approach to Sports and Business
  • Dover Beach (The Last P.I., #1)
  • Through Your Eyes ( I Am Alive book 1 Episode #3 )