Start by marking “Fly Guy and the Frankenfly (Fly Guy, #13)” as Want to Read:
Fly Guy and the Frankenfly (Fly Guy, #13)

Fly Guy and the Frankenfly (Fly Guy #13)

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  580 Ratings  ·  63 Reviews
Buzz dreams about Frankenfly--but Fly Guy is a friend, not a monster!

In the latest installment of the NEW YORK TIMES bestselling Fly Guy series, Buzz and Fly Guy spend a day together playing some spooky games and doing arts and crafts projects. When Buzz goes to bed, Fly Guy stays awake and is "bizzie"! Buzz has a nightmare that a gigantic Frankenfly monster is out to get
Published June 25th 2013 by Cartwheel Books

Mischenko
Jan 15, 2017 rated it liked it
This fly guy book was just ok. It's not one of our favorite fly guy books. Still has colorful illustrations and it's worth reading!
Jon(athan) Nakapalau
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Frankenfly! What else needs to be said?
Marybeth
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Not the best Fly Guy book that I've read but I do like the idea of a Frankenfly! As with all of Tedd Arnold's books, love the colorful illustrations and the simple message of friendship!
midnightfaerie
Dec 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Fly Guy
My children love the fly guy series. We've read a couple now and they never fail to excite my 6 yr old and my twin 3 yr olds. I find him somewhat disgusting, but then again, I have boys, so they are still asking for more fly guy. It's also a nice break because sometimes these are on audio and I get those for them to listen to while I'm making lunch. I still read other books as well to them, but lately, these are their favorites. Arnold is quickly becoming a well-known name in our househol
Jennifer Foeller
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
My 1st grade daughter just loves these books. They are getting a big easy for her, but, I still like picking them up for her because she just enjoys them so much. They are a good book to give her a break from more challenging reading. The illustrations are a lot of fun. When she's finished reading them she will go back through the book slowly to just enjoy the pictures.
House
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shannon Garren
Jan 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Fly Guy and the Frankenfly
Tedd Arnold

Buzz and his best friend, Fly Guy, were playing. Buzz made puzzles, monster costumes and a drawing for Fly Guy. When it was time for bed, Fly Guy was ”bizzy”. While asleep, Buzz dreamed of Fly Guy creating a monster, Frankenfly. During the nightmare, Fly Guy comes to the rescue. After waking up, Buzz found Fly Guy and saw the picture he made. They are truly best friends. The Fly Guy series is a favorite of my boys. They love the silliness of the story and the
Charmaine
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fly Guy and the Frankenfly is a popular book about a young boy name Fly Guy and his best friend Buzz who is a fly. Buzz and Fly Guy are up one night drawing pictures of Buzz as Frankenstein. Fly Guy goes to sleep and think he wakes up to Buzz creating a Frankenfly. As a teacher I would use this story to reinforce the importance of descriptive writing and also building upon characters. Characters are developed by using describing words that allow you to imagine the character in your head. I would ...more
Joella www.cinjoella.com
Buzz and Fly Guy are playing one night. They are walking around acting like Frankenstein monsters. Buzz draws a picture of him as Frankenstein and Fly Guy as a bat friend. Then Buzz goes to bed. But he is woken up by Fly Guy making a Frankenfly monster. The monster goes after Buzz, but Fly Guy turns off the power just in time. Then Buzz falls out of bed and finds out that it is just a dream. Instead Fly Guy was really drawing a picture for Buzz of the two of them being monsters.

My nephew especia
Teddie Trombley
Apr 29, 2014 rated it liked it
This is another book by Tedd Arnold that is really creative and funny. This book starts out with a boy who had a pet fly named fly guy. Buzz loved his pet fly so much and loved doing puzzles, making costumes, and drawing with his pet fly. It was finally time to go to bed and buzz said goodnight to fly guy, but as buzz was getting into bed he noticed that fly guy was working on something at buzzes desk but buzz just ignored him as he fell asleep. While he was sleeping buzz had an awful and terrib ...more
Allyson Smith

This book is about a young boy and his pet fly. The boy ends up having a crazy dream about his fly bringing to life a huge Frankenfly. The boy finally wakes up realizing it was just a dream. He finds Fly Guy asleep on the desk with a drawing of a Frankenfly he had made for the boy. This book is great for around third grade, it is a beginner level chapter book with pictures. I think the illustrations are fun and perfect for young readers. Tedd Arnold create images that are relate-able for young
Autumn
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
We picked this book up from K's school library.
For me I would pick this book to read at Halloween to K. Being as it deals with Frankenfly being within the story. NO IT IS NOT SCARY.
It is dark night and Buzz and Fly Guy make costumes together which I think it is pretty interesting to see what Fly Guy came up with. Quite funny to see the "scary" dream that Buzz ends up having that has to deal with Fly Guy.

Not only is this a good read, it is good for those that can read or maybe trying to read. Th
Nan
Jul 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
One evening, Buzz makes monster puzzles and monster masks with his pet fly, Fly Guy. That night, Buzz dreams that Fly Guy creates an enormous monster, Frankenfly. Frankenfly is in the process of picking up Buzz until Fly Guy sees what is happening and cuts the power. The nightmare ends the next morning, when Buzz falls out of bed and then realizes what Fly Guy really made the night before. Colorful artwork and simple text make Fly Guy a favorite with my early readers. I also like Tedd Arnold's m ...more
Shuli
Sep 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
"Great! I loved it. I just couldn't stop liking it. My favorite part is the cover, and I liked the laboratory."

- What would you tell someone who wanted to read the book?

"I'd tell them YES, after ****I**** read it!"

*Note from Mom:

He loves all of the Fly Guy series, but this book he just wouldn't put down. He read it at least half a dozen times before picking up another book, and then went back to this and read it a few times more. I love that the series is friendly, silly, clean, and a confidence
Linda
Apr 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Yes, even the mere thought of having a fly as a pet is somewhat disgusting, but grossness becomes acceptance when said fly can say your name: Buzz. Young Buzz and Fly Guy are great friends. This is another great installment in the Fly Guy series. These books are fun because even older, struggling readers, can enjoy them. I'm feeling a slight disappointment because Fly Guy seems to be talking more, and even writing, and I think part of the charm is when Fly Guy is loved for being a fly. A smart f ...more
Melanie
Buzz and Fly Guy, his pet fly, are best friends. So one dark and stormy night, Buzz makes puzzles for both of them before bed. Buzz falls asleep before Fly Guy. Buzz dreams that Fly Guy is creating a monster, a Frankenfly! When Fly Guy turns on the power, Frankenfly heads towards Buzz. Fly Guy turns off the power and the giant fly drops onto Buzz. Finally, Buzz wakes up from his nightmare to find that Fly Guy had spent the night on his desk drawing a picture of the two of them.

A sure hit, as alw
Barbara
Jun 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Buzz and his flying sidekick Fly Guy entertain themselves all day, but when it's time to sleep, Buzz has a nightmare about a much-larger-than-life fly created by his friend. Although what he dreamed really didn't happen, Fly Guy does have a sticky gift for him. This series has high appeal for beginning readers, especially males. It's hard not to like the two friends with their unusual friendship. I even liked the bedroom that Buzz has provided for Fly Guy.
Camila
Sep 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: science
In this book Buzz has a nightmare that Fly guy turned into a monster and is out to get him! When he wakes up, he realizes that Fly Guy isn't a monster and he fell asleep making posters about their friendship.Buzz awakens to a sweet message of friendship that is nothing to be afraid of! This was a cute book but I don't personally like the "Fly guy" character. The story was somewhat scary with a sweet ending and it didn't seem to go well together.
Marilyn Olson
May 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: plnnj-reviewed
In their 13th adventure together, Fly Guy and Buzz are hard at work. They are spending an evening making puzzles, trying on costumes, and drawing. Buzz falls asleep and has a nightmare about a monster Fly Guy has built. The morning comes as Buzz finds out what Fly Guy was really up to. The themes of friendship and loyalty make this an enjoyable addtion to the popular series.
Jeanne
Sep 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
It looks like Buzz and Fly Guy are getting ready for Halloween (though it's never mentioned in the book).

Very quick read. Buzz draws a picture of himself as Frankenstein's Monster and Fly Guy as a bat. Then he goes to bed, but Fly Guy is too busy to go to bed. He stays up all night working on something . . . Buzz thinks it's a monster! In the morning, he sees what Fly Guy made.
Shelli
Aug 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
My seventh grade daughter and I still squeal and jump up and down when see a new Fly Guy book at the library. Tedd Arnold always does such an amazing job making his characters come to life with his expressive simple illustrations. Fly Guy books are perfect for early readers because they are fun and will make even the most reluctant reader excited to read and share again and again.
Samantha
Jul 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Buzz and Fly Guy enjoy some Frankenstein-related fun and it ends up inspiring Buzz's bizarre dreams. He goes to bed knowing that Fly Guy is creating something special for him and his brain turns the surprise into a Frankenfly. Luckily, things look quite a bit different in the light of day.

A fun read for beginning readers during the Halloween season. Grades 1-3.
Samantha Watts
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: el230
Bobbi
Jan 04, 2015 added it
This easy reader version of Fly Guy has a nice mix of smaller and larger words and it is separated into minuscule chapters. This will make kids who are not quite at chapter book level feel like a big kid.
Alyn
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Read at your own risk! A giant Frankenfly makes an appearance in this book and scared the lights out of Buzz. Okay, so it isn't all that scary to adults and to some kids but the idea of it IS scary. This book was worth the read.
Sarah Adamson
I dreaded this book when my daughter picked it up in the library. However it is a fairly gentle and slightly comic tale about a boy who has a pet fly called fly guy. This is a suitable one for October as it features the boy dreaming that fly guy makes a monster. Quite quick and gentle fun.
Magpie67
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love Fly Guy and and anytime I can, I pick up a book to read about him. Tedd Arnold is a hoot of an author and his characters are quite silly. Just the way I love them to be. Big fan of Tedd Arnold and his books!
Christine
Jun 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Buzz and Fly Guy have fun creating and acting like monsters. One night though it all changes when Fly Guys Frakenfly comes to life...Fun and engaging read for early readers (especially boys).
Trista
Oct 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Tedd Arnold's illustrations are so much fun to look at.
Bibliofiendlm
Jul 27, 2013 rated it liked it
A cute addition to the Fly Guy series. However, as a classic literature enthusiast, I am again disappointed my the promotion that Frankenstein is the monster. He's not, he's the creator/doctor.
  • I'm a Frog! (Elephant and Piggie, #20)
  • Play Ball! (Pete the Cat: I Can Read)
  • Ling & Ting Share a Birthday (Ling & Ting, #2)
  • Max Spaniel: Funny Lunch
  • Penny and Her Marble
  • A Pet Named Sneaker
  • The Long Walk: Slavery to Freedom
  • Joe and Sparky Go to School
  • Because I'm Your Dad
  • Boris on the Move (Boris #1)
  • Poppleton
  • Mouse and Mole: A Winter Wonderland
  • Be Nice to Spiders
  • Crankenstein
  • Charlie the Ranch Dog: Where's the Bacon?
  • Rabbit and Robot: The Sleepover
  • Bink and Gollie: Best Friends Forever (Bink & Gollie, #3)
  • A Trip to the Bottom of the World with Mouse: TOON Level 1
Tedd grew up with three brothers. His family lived on a farm in Pennsylvania for several years then returned to Elmira until Tedd was ten years old. His father's work then required that they move to Gainesville, Florida. There, Tedd's first art lessons in an abandoned dentist's office over the Happy Hour pool hall eventually led to a fine arts degree from the University of Florida.

He and his wife,
More about Tedd Arnold...

Fly Guy (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Hi! Fly Guy (Fly Guy, #1)
  • Super Fly Guy (Fly Guy, #2)
  • Shoo, Fly Guy! (Fly Guy, #3)
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Fly Guy (Fly Guy, #4)
  • Fly High, Fly Guy! (Fly Guy, #5)
  • Hooray For Fly Guy! (Fly Guy, #6)
  • I Spy Fly Guy! (Fly Guy, #7)
  • Fly Guy Meets Fly Girl (Fly Guy, #8)
  • Buzz Boy And Fly Guy (Fly Guy, #9)
  • Fly Guy vs. the Flyswatter! (Fly Guy, #10)