Start by marking “Have a Little Faith (Faith, #1)” as Want to Read:
Have a Little Faith (Faith, #1)

Have a Little Faith

(Faith #1)

Being fourteen is a minefield: with fashion dilemmas, teacher trauma, embarrassing parents and boy drama, Faith is just hoping to make it through Year Ten without too many disasters. But when she and her best friend Megs sign up to take part in an inter-school choir with the local boys comprehensive, Faith's life gets even more complicated… just how is she supposed to conc ...more
Published August 1st 2013 by Simon Schuster Children's UK (first published May 9th 2013)

Jessica (Jess Hearts Books)
Jul 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bought-books
Hilarious and cheeky. This took me back to my teenage years!
Mehsi
Finally, I had the time to read the Faith books, they have been in my TBR for a while. Starting of course with this one in which we meet Faith, her friends, her family (including annoying brother and biscuit-stealing grandma), her romance interests (still shipping her with Ethan, I just don't see why she is with Finn he is so bland and like a cardboard). We see her pull pranks on cute boys (and they do it back), we read about snogs and how gorgeous a boy is. School is going so-so, she is quite s ...more
Jenny / Wondrous Reads
Have a Little Faith is the funniest book I've read this year, and the funniest since a new Georgia Nicolson book graced my shelves. I laughed out loud all the way through it and was sorely disappointed when I got to the end and realised there was no more to read. There's a second book being published in 2014 though, which I can't wait for. Hurrah!

Have a Little Faith is about fifteen-year-old Faith, year ten school student and all round prankster. She embraces her school days as if she were a cha
Kirsty
Jul 10, 2013 rated it liked it
A brilliantly funny read perfect for fans of Louise Rennison.

I'm fully going to admit this is not at all my kind of book and quite honestly the only reason I read it is because I met the author and heard her read an extract and was hooked. The main character Faith has a brilliant voice. She captures that teenager-ness fantastically well and as a result is brilliantly funny without being nasty or over the top. I loved following her story and seeing what she was going to get up to next as I knew
Erin
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, don't get me wrong. It was so hilarious and I quickly grew to love Faith so much, but I'd figured that even though there is a sequel, I probably wouldn't read it. But that ending!!! Gimme the sequel now!! I thought I had detached myself from the characters, but as I closed the book I realised that I actually cared so much and I simply need to see what happens next! A quick, sweet and funny contemporary read that is a go to if you want a lighter book that will make you ...more
Raine
Apr 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't have much to say. This series was okay, I would probably recommend it to a 12 year old looking for a book. It's a fun read if you haven't really got anything better to do. The main character gets a bit annoying at times but otherwise I guess it's okay.
LH
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this book!! I honestly couldn’t put it down and it was utterly hilarious. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a laugh, I can’t wait to read the next books in the series!!
Amanda G. (Nellie and Co.
Finding the right words to produce a coherent review of why I absolutely loved every single moment I spent reading this book is extremely difficult because while it managed to keep my attention from the get go, and I fell in love with Faith's personality and charisma, I also felt connected to this book in that it touched me in places a book hadn't in months; it touched my memories and made me relive the highlights and the hilarious moments of my own year 10 experience.

Have a Little Faith is set
joanne  umar
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best book I have ever read and this book definitely comes first on my list of best books.
Chloe
Oct 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I got this book from the library on a whim. I was hoping for something great to follow on from the two previous books I had just read. It was, how can I put this, absolutely hilarious and is probably one of the funniest books I have ever had the pleasure of reading.

I have to say, the main character Faith, is such an interesting character and was brought to life so well. She had such a strong voice throughout and you could tell through the humor, that she wasn't a force to be reckoned with. Also
Serendipity Reviews
Jun 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on www.serendipityreviews.co.uk
After hearing the author, Candy Harper, read a few passages from this book, I knew I had to read it. In fact, I have visions of her reading the whole book aloud to me. If there are plans afoot to develop an audio version of the book, then Candy Harper must read it – because in my eyes she is an older version of Faith.

I loved Faith! As soon as I was introduced to her, I knew I was going to want to know her better. If I was at high school, Faith wou
Carly
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review
Have a Little Faith is a laugh out loud barrel of giggles that will have you snorting inappropriately from start to finish!

Oh my gosh, Faith is quite simply one hell of a gal and I loved every awesome moment spent in her company. She is spunky, loud, quirky, speaks her mind and if I'm completely honest, reminds me a little of my teenage self!

This is so relevant to teens today and they will easily relate to Faith and her wonderful group of friends. The storyline is jam packed with teen drama, emb
Luna
Apr 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: uk-authors
This is definitely the book to brighten any gloomy day. Faith is vibrant, fun and maybe a little crazy but only in the best possible way.

The book is Faith’s diary and begins with her and Megs (best friend) being split up. If Faith behaves they might get reunited next term. The chances of that becomes less as the weeks pass, while Faith does try it’s not that easy being good, especially with Miss Ramsbottom.

Faith voice is brilliant, reading her story is just hours of fun that you don’t want to en
Elm
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
C'mon - you HAVE to love Faith. She's just so funny and amazing - and she's relatable, too.

I was sort of apprehensive when I picked up this book. I thought I'd HATE the main character, because she isn't like me AT ALL. I thought it would probably be awful and stupid and stereotypical.

But it wasn't.

So much drama, and so much humour, and so much romance. If I had a life like Faith's - well, I'd LOVE to. And here's me, sitting on the computer all day - never going to parties, never really doing ANY
Charlie
May 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2014
I thought that as a book that had been noted as similar to Louise Rennison's series, I would pick it up as give it a go.

It was a quick read that I thoroughly enjoyed and found myself laughing inwardly - not out loud in a public place, obviously.

I really enjoyed the character development of Faith and Ethan. I personally think that she could do a lot better with Ethan and not Finn (talk about being a bit dim...). I really wanted more from Candy Harper as I found that sue sort of left the book on
Kelsey Bennett
Mar 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read this in a day which is bloody impressive for me, and found it nice to try something that was different from what I have been reading lately. I like that this was easy and not serious.

I really like that it is broken up by months and days (plus later, laterer...) so I could read a quick few sections when I didn't have a lot of time...or waiting at the doctors.

This would be great for an early teen. I have another book on my shelve in this category which I am sure I will like this as a light
Adele Broadbent
Nov 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was the funniest book I've read all year. I'd love to chat with author Candy Harper in real life, as I'm sure I'd be bent double laughing. The main character Faith is going into year ten promising she won't be as bad as she was in Year 9. She has an answer for everything, a reason to get out of anything with a hilarious,sarcastic wit that her teachers and even her mother give back just as sharply. Full of teenage drama, boys, clothes, evil teachers and boring school subjects, I enjoyed 'Hav ...more
Siobhan
Apr 20, 2014 rated it liked it
I found this book very funny. I am 15 the same age as Faith and although the author did get some of the ideas right teenagers dont just wear a little eye make up. At house parties they tend to drink and I found some things were similar to 12 year olds I would say Faith and her friends do not at all act 15 and that was the only thing that ruined the book for me. It did keep me very entertained though and I will be reading the next book soon.
Marie
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, it's very funny and just the thing to read for a quick pick me up.
Candy Harper captures the voice of a school girl perfectly and I really enjoyed getting to know the characters and witnessing Faith's take on the world.
I hope to pick up the next book in the series soon.
Annika Lee
Sep 05, 2015 rated it did not like it
20 pages into the book and I gave up! I think I put too much "faith" in this book. The jokes are just so-so and the book is way too childish. i don't like how immature she sounds like and it irritates me so much that I gave up on the book.
Natasha
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG this is an incredibly entertaining book, and I have to say, is waaayyy better than "Angus, thongs and full-frontal snogging". There has to be a second book to this and I seriously can't wait to read it.
Amy
Oct 15, 2014 rated it did not like it
I didn't even finish this book, I couldn't. The main character was annoying and the whole thing was really childish. I didn't like it. It was cheesy and annoying and arrogant. I just couldn't finish it.
Robin Stevens
Apr 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Utterly charming and hilarious, this had me roaring with laughter and reading out whole pages to whoever was nearby. Faith is such a brilliant character, and I love her nutty take on life. Quick, I need the next one now!
Lucy
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, own
Rhian
Aug 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
This novel was short, quick and to the point. It was an easy summer read which took me two to three days to read. I loved the main character 'Faith' as she was sassy and not afraid to say what she was thinking and for the record I'm totally shipping Ethan and Faith
Feb 20, 2016 rated it liked it
If you liked this, you're bound to like the Georgia Nicholson books more. I feel like this was a fun read, but the Georgia Nicholson books really nailed the sort of tone this book aims for.
Arrica Lee
Apr 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Unbelievably good for a debut.
Alyssa
Nov 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
HILARIOUS. That is all i'm gonna say.
Georgia Clifford-Hemmings-Hood-Irwin :D
The thing I love most in this book is Faith. She so funny, and she reminds me of myself a little bit :)
Rosie
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this book is genius! Great story and fun reading; I could not put this book down. Good for fans of Cathy Cassidy
All in all a great book

Happy reading.

• One Seriously Messed-Up Week in the Otherwise Mundane and Uneventful Life of Jack Samsonite (Jack Samsonite, #1)
  • Diary of a Mall Girl
  • My Box-Shaped Heart
  • Dead Romantic
  • Emma Hearts LA (Hearts Series, #2)
  • By Any Other Name
  • OMG! Is This Actually My Life? (Hattie Moore, #1)
  • Close Encounters of the Girl Kind (Geekhood, #1)
  • Smuggler's Kiss
  • The Witch of Turlingham Academy
  • The Worst Girlfriend in the World
  • Immortal Remains (Weirdsville, #2)
  • My So-Called Haunting (Afterlife, #2)
  • Blue (Blue #1)
  • Salvage
  • The Private Blog of Joe Cowley
  • A Change Is Gonna Come
I grew up in a tiny house with a big family. I’m the fourth of five sisters, which means people sometimes ask me if my family are anything like the Bennetts from Pride and Prejudice. Unfortunately not, but it does mean that I still eat with my arm shielding my plate.

I’ve got a daughter (The Ginger Ninja) and a son (Goblin Baby) and a computer-genius husband. We live in a higgledy-piggledy house w

Faith (3 books)
  • Keep the Faith (Faith, #2)
  • Leap of Faith