Start by marking “Chey's Cowboy” as Want to Read:
Chey's Cowboy

Chey's Cowboy

(Bridleton #2)

Trace Mitchem is the foreman at Bridleton and a confirmed bachelor whose main goal in life is to build a ranch he can call his own. Cheyenne Bartell is the youngest heir to the Texas ranching dynasty. What she lacks in self-confidence, she makes up for in spirit and determination.

Trace and Chey have known each other for years and worked side by side to save Bri
Published January 5th 2013 by self published

To ask other readers questions about Chey's Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chey's Cowboy

Author: Becky Barker
Genre: Contemporary Western Romance
Narrator: Johnny Peppers
Duration: 5 hours, 7 minutes
Published By: Becky Barker (January 5, 2013)
ASIN: B00AVN3BB6

About The Author: Becky Barker’s first novel published in 1987 and she’s been writing western romances ever since and hopes to continue writing for many more years. She is a staff writer for a weekly newspaper and an advisor for the Central Ohio Chap
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
I'm just not feeling the narrator

Overall 3 out of 5 stars
Performance 3 out of 5 stars
Story 3 out of 5 stars

I do like the story. Chey and Trevor and interest, but incomplete characters. I have a sense that there are missing parts. The narrator gave me no feelings, no emotions, no connection. I just felt like it was being read instead of like a vivid picture rolling across my mind.
Linda
Dec 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Trace Mitchem came from a dysfunctional family as his dad was the salt of the earth on week days, but on the weekends, he drank so much that his mom, his brother Trevor, and himself knew to steer clear of the abusive man. As soon as he he could, he left home, joined the Marines, and never looked back until he returned for his dad's funeral where he vowed to never love again.........

Cheyenne Bartell's parent's abandoned her when she was just five and was given h to Nanna to raise, but
Rhayne
4.5 STARS

These two have a lot of work to do to get to their HEA. Their road is rocky, but as they pass each stone along the way it solidifies the connection they have for each other. We really get to see the struggles one goes through with having an addiction. Even after rehab, it’s a life-long issue that has to be acknowledged and dealt with. Chey learns to swallow her pride and admit that she can’t do it alone. Trace learns that not everyone is the same, and people handle dependenc
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Rhayne's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.75 Stars

Let me start and say, I am a HUGE Becky Barker fan. I came across her a few years ago and she became a huge obsession. I devoured her back list in a very short time. So when she has a new release it is like Christmas to me. I jumped at the chance to review Chey’s Cowboy and I absolutely loved it.

Chey and Trace have been attracted to each other for a while. She is the object of his passion filled dreams, an
One-Click
Audiobook - Narration, Johnny Peppers - really nice voice - deep and sultry and a good story teller. Good females, good pacing, just a really enjoyable performance.

The story revolves around Chey (Shy) and Trace and their unrequited love. Trace does all he can to avoid Chey during the day because she haunts his dreams at night, but he was not open for a new relationship after the painful loss from his last and he uses their age difference as an excuse as well. Until she
Patty
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a thoroughly enjoyable book to listen to. It is not my first Becky Barker book, but I am partial to romances and cowboys, so this is the perfect book for me. Trace is an alpha male who is doing his best not to be interested in Chey. Chey is doing her best to be noticed. After a hot encounter, Trace has an accident with his horse and has a severe concussion, and temporary amnesia. Chey takes care of him, and the attraction even with him not knowing Chey is too hard to ignore. As his memo ...more
Jean
Jul 09, 2016 rated it liked it

A modern day cowboy story.

Trace, the male lead, is very attracted to the female lead, Cheyenne, but she is the boss's daughter.
Trace has an accident and it motivates Chey to step in, take care of him, and it allows them to get to know each other.
The time that it takes for Trace to re cooperate reveals to them that they have a common issue, "alcohol".
She is an alcoholic and his father was one.
She thinks that she can drink just one drink and he doesn't want anything to do with
Sue
Jun 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a new author for me and a new narrator. I liked this book although I thought it started out pretty slowly. Once I started the listen, it went great through the ending. I was given a free copy of this book for an honest review.

As to the story, in the beginning Trace was trying to ignore his attraction to Chey, but after an accident for Trace and some misunderstandings between the two, Chey was trying to ignore her attraction to Trace. I thought the character of Trace and the
Lori
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Very entertaining and enjoyable way to spend an afternoon. Cowboys, steamy romance and a HEA. Nice easy flowing story.

Even though the story deals with a serious subject of Alcoholism it is still a lighter story. Pride and stubbornness have ruined many a relationship. You can only fight the attraction for so long. Can Trace and Cheyenne overcome personal obstacles and past baggage to find happiness.

Johnny Peppers did a great job with the narration once again. Nice deep voi
Christina Joyner
I enjoyed listening to this audiobook. The narrators voice was male and nice to listen to. Overall I found this book to be a light read. It is the story of Chey and Trace. From the beginning we learn there is a deep attraction between the two. When Trace hits his head and loses his memory, Chey and Trace explore this more. I found Chey to be hard to like. She is young and naive. There were a few times I really didn't like her and thought Chey needed a older women. I was a little confused what ex ...more
Zara Quintana
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This audiobook was given by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review. I enjoyed this audiobook and how the story made me want to know about the other characters in the series and their own stories. It was surprisingly great as a stand-alone. I enjoyed the narration and thought he did a great job bringing the characters and story to life. The only thing that might have made this audiobook even better would be to have a female narrator performing the heroins ...more
Penny Leidecker
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the second Bridleton book. This book features Cheyenne and Trace. Cheyenne finally makes the first move and then Trace has an accident and gets amnesia. Cheyenne and Trace have amazing chemistry, but will her drinking be a deal-breaker? I really enjoyed getting to know more about Cheyenne and Trace and how their pasts have influenced them. One-click your copy today and see what happens. I cant't wait to read the third Bridleton book.
Nancy
Jul 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: tbr
This book did an about face 3/4 of the way through it. First Cheyenne was the aggressor then Trace became the aggressor. And since some of his reticence stemmed from the fact that Chey was battling alcoholism it didn't make a lot of sense to me.
Pam Koenig
Could have been better

Story was there, but was overpowered by the sexual interludes. The story could have used more story and less sexual tension. I was really looking forward to this book, but was somewhat disappointed.
windy walsh-berry
Very Good

I really enjoyed this book. The creatures are very real and enjoyable. Keeps you guessing and wanting more. Can't Waite to get another book by this aurther.
Dawn
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Becky i really loved this book Trace wow...he is amazing...and the journey through the short read was amazing!
Victoria
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Is a great book to read
Gail Moshier
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I highly recommend this book!!!

I really can't recommend this book highly enough!! I hope you will read it soon!! I assure you will be happy you did!!!
Mary Teague
Pleasant read

A simple way to relax. Keeps your attention but doesn't require deep thought. Typical romance plot set in a western setting.
comfort
Jun 16, 2015
Cec
Sep 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Her Cowboy Distraction (Cowboy Cafe, #1)
  • Kiss and Make Up
  • To Russia With Love (Countermeasure, #2)
  • Mr. Seductive (Heartfelt #2)
  • Shattered Witness
  • Goodbye Girl
  • Honey Kisses (Romance on the Ranch #2)
  • Son of the Enemy
  • Birthday Games (Spy Games, #1.5)
  • The Officer Breaks The Rules (Semper Fi, #2)
  • Too Hot to Handle
  • Long-Distance Lovers
  • With Strings Attached (San Amaro Singles, #1)
  • Home Ice
  • Capturing the Cowboy's Heart
  • Chances Are (Last Chance Rescue, #10)
  • Ever Hopeful (Evers, Texas, #1)
  • Cowboy-Sexy
Becky Barker is an award-winning romance author whose books have been translated into more than a dozen foreign languages, published in large print library editions and in many electronic formats. She makes her home in central Ohio where she's surrounded by a big, close-knit family.

Becky offers a monthly readers' contest on her website and welcomes readers to email her at write@BeckyBa

Bridleton (3 books)
  • Bridleton
  • Zack's Ranch (Bridleton Book 3)