Start by marking “Loss, Limbo, Life & Love” as Want to Read:
Loss, Limbo, Life & Love

Read Book* *Different edition

Loss, Limbo, Life & Love

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  9 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
A one year journey from crisis to calm documented in verse. An emotional roller coaster encompassing the feelings and emotions confronted in a time of turmoil and confusion and the necessity to make difficult decisions under stress. There is no happily ever after, but there is a return to something like normality.
ebook
Published April 5th 2010 by derek Haines, via Smashwords (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Loss, Limbo, Life & Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loss, Limbo, Life & Love

Priyam Goswami-Choudhury
DO NOT read this book without a handkerchief *sniff*
Mary
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deciding which is more powerful, the Forward, or the verses of the journal, is subjective. The poems expose the deepest of inner pain suffered by the author over a specific period. The Forward is preparation for the emotional ride.

Relating to ninety percent of Derek’s personal hell may be the reason his words hit home. The poems are moving and evocative. After reading each one, and choosing a favorite, I would change my mind as I read the next entry.

‘The Clown’ is an outstanding piece of writin
Cheri
Dec 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book twice since receiving it on Nov 28th. Four reasons: a.) The author is one of my favorite people on Twitter b.) I do love biographies & autobiographies c.) I love poetry. Even poetry that sometimes reads like it could be set to music...in this case, the Blues. d.) I read a teaser sample that made me tear up which I rarely do, so I had to have it.

The gist of this book actually can be described as many novels can be described: boy gets girl, boy marries girl, boy loses girl, bo
Derek Haines
Nov 07, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Kathleen Crossley
added it
Sep 15, 2015
Chloe
Jan 16, 2017
Derek Haines is an author of quite a number of books, however, he spends most of his time blogging, making technology go horribly wrong, and being a rather senior ESL English teacher.

Born in Australia, but now living in Switzerland with his wife and his black Cocker Spaniel, he passes many hours, trying to make technology work again, after inadvertently breaking it. It's a painful process, yet it’
More about Derek Haines...