Start by marking “Twelve Days” as Want to Read:
Twelve Days

Twelve Days

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me... a flashmob proposal.

All Kevin wants is to spend the rest of his life with the woman he loves. He's been planning the perfect proposal for months. He never planned what would happen if she said 'no'.

On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me... a diamond ring.

The last thing Laurel wants or expects for Chr
Published December 6th 2012 by Ros Clarke (first published December 5th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Twelve Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twelve Days

Diane Dooley
Dec 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: recent-reads
Kevin is crazy in love with Laurel. So he plans and executes a grandiose flash mob proposal that she'll be unable to refuse. She turns him down flat. High drama ensues? Nope. Kevin has seemingly failed to notice that his lady love is afraid of commitment. The two very likable and sympathetic characters then have to communicate with each other and negotiate their future relationship. Will they manage to work it out? Well, this IS a romance. *grin*

A charming and believable story. A couple of cute
Ridley
Really cute short story that fits the length perfectly. Nailed the ending.
Kaetrin
Dec 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
I follow this author on Twitter - when I haven't read an author's books before and I follow them, it actually makes me nervous. What if I don't like it? What if she sees the review? It's often easier to read something else. But, Kelly and Mean Fat Old Bat loved this so I decided to put on my big girl panties and read it. It's a short story - coming in at around 35 pages, commencingon Christmas Day when Kevin surprises Laurel with a flash mob proposal. When she says no, Kevin and Laurel both spen ...more
Kim
Nov 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
This was okay. Very short. But, I also got it for free on Kindle. All of this author's stuff is free at the moment. I think all of them are short stories.

Anyway, the writing was fine and it was well edited. I just wasn't crazy about the heroine. Kevin is the hero and Laurel is the heroine. They live together in Kevin's house. It's Christmas morning and Kevin has organized a flash mob to help him propose to Laurel. She turns hims down. The rest of the story is about Laurel's issues and Kevin tryi
Jess
Nov 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am a sucker for relationships in trouble stories so I knew I had to read this one. Even in a short short space, Ros Clarke managed to paint a realistic pair of people who want to be together but who have different ideas of what their future should look like. My only wish is that the story had been given a little bit more time. I would have liked to see into the hero and heroine's lives when they were not together. But overall, it was an enjoyable story. I look forward to reading many more from ...more
Tina Ullrich
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
12 things to remember

This short story is a fast read and has great characters. It would have been a lot better if it was longer. Roz gives us a story in a short amount of time that would have been even more with a little more of the background and what happens next. However if you want a quick read for lunch, this book has it all.
Mele
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Twelve Days is a glimpse into the life of Laurel and Kevin starting with a Christmas proposal. From the very start we realize that Kevin is a great guy, a catch and Laurel is scared of marriage.

In this short novella I couldn't help but feel attached to this couple. Nice story, I enjoyed spending time with them and wish I could find out the rest of their story. I recommend this one.
Peni
Nov 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
I liked the flash mob. What fun. I also liked Laurel response, it would have been so easy to run away. Actually what I really appreciate is Ms Clarke's whole approach to the story. Kudos

Recommended
Glenda
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
a Christmas modern love story, emphasis on the modern..I am not this modern.
Angie
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
It was interesting watching Laurel and Kevin work through her issues with marriage.
Mav
Dec 27, 2012 marked it as must-buy
Shelves: 1-dollar
Must read b/c of this review: http://meanfatoldbat.blogspot.com/201...
Kelly_Instalove
Sad-cry AND happy-cry in only 35 pages.

NOTE: I read a review copy provided by the author in exchange for my honest opinion.
Soraya Oliveira