Start by marking “The 52 Weeks: How Two Women Got Unstuck, Got Inspired, and Got Going, and How You Can Too!” as Want to Read:

Edging into forty-something, Karen and Pam found themselves in a state of stuck. They had checked off many of their major life goals--career, husband, children, friends--but they'd lost momentum. After griping over drinks one night, they came up with a plan to face their fears, rediscover their minds, give back to the community, and renew their relationships. They challeng ...more
Published August 1st 2013 by Skyhorse Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The 52 Weeks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 52 Weeks

Start your review of The 52 Weeks: How Two Women Got Unstuck, Got Inspired, and Got Going, and How You Can Too!
Audrey
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
This book could have been half its length, better yet, it could have been a magazine article. I appreciate the concept and "got it" in the first two chapters.
April
Dec 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Two middle aged women decided to get unstuck from their daily routines and overcome their resistance and fear by pledging to do something new every week for a year.

The Good
This book made me feel less alone. I didn't know anyone else was getting more fearful as they got older! Just learning made it worth reading. I enjoyed reading their insights and discoveries as they tried new things. I got ideas for trying new things (like going to a shooting range?!) and I was motivated to have some sma/>The
Trish
Aug 14, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Terrible. Simplistic, full of anecdotes instead of actual helpful information. Just fluff. I don't understand the glowing reviews - maybe they're from intellectual lightweights. Returned for refund.
Crystal Dudley
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I actually really enjoyed this book. There was so much useful information in it on how to get "unstuck"! I love the idea of doing something new every week for 52 weeks. And it doesn't have to cost anything if you are attempting to achieve personal goals. I can't wait to make up my own 52 list.
Kim
May 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
Don’t bother
Anne Lawrence
Aug 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Great concept. Good contributors in addition to the two main writers. Several editing errors. Not as impressed with the single girl guest writer. Seemed to want to crack jokes and not really coming from an "I am content in my current singleness" standpoint and used the book to say how she used Match.com's daily 5 to pick one and date for a while to see how it goes and asks him to go steady in the book. More appreciative of the "expert" who spoke of how a majority of women will be single for a ti ...more
Susan
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I think the idea for this book is terrific. I actually skimmed about half of this and read the other half. I had been feeling a bit in a rut, and this book inspired me to volunteer at our local hospital, signed up for crew lessons, bought tickets for some live comedy shows and concerts that my husband I normally wouldn't go to, took up regular hiking at a local state park...all of which have definitely gotten me out of my "rut!" I think the book and my mindset came together at exactly the right ...more
Shanna
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Won in a goodreads giveaway contest. So awesome and exciting

I absolutely adore this book and the idea behind it. Two woman going on a journey together, trying new things, relearning to love life, and growing and changing as individuals all in 52 weeks. Inspiring and heart warming. I think everybody should read this book and try a shot at starting their own 52 weeks list. I know after reading this I have decided to create my own 52 and see where it takes me. A lot of fun and learning
Dora
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting concepts

Karen and Pam, two stay at home mothers in their forties, we're feeling stuck and together decided to try something different every week for a year. Out of this concept grew a blog and then this book. For the book, in addition to their own experiences, they added the input of experts.

I'm not sure how compelling their arguments for this way of getting unstuck are, however, if you are sufficiently stuck it might be worth a try. I enjoyed the quotes that they sprink
Amy
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
So lost interest after a short amount of time. I am sure it might help some, but I am already doing a lot of these ideas/suggestions. The telling of their stories I thought lacked some depth on how it really made them feel. It seemed to me to be a "general" overall sense of how it felt. Perhaps that's the way they meant to write it. For me, I was disappointed as I bought the book, but I am sure it will still help some out there.
Kelly
Jan 11, 2016 rated it did not like it
I started this book 3 times. I finally had to bribe myself to finish it. While it contains a decent amount of information, it gets lost in an infomercial type format.

I decided, I am not stuck after reading this book, best outcome of reading. I may be assessing what I want to do in the future, but at least I am not stuck.
Alexis
Aug 26, 2015 rated it liked it
I'm just not sure I would recommend this to my friends. I feel like this is a feminist-no brainier-quit whining kind of book. I can't fathom writing a book wherein I applaud the authors but there was a lot of redundancy and friction in this book. I think the blog would've been the ideal place to stop.
Lindsey Lewandowski
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A collection of essays by women inspired to rejuvenate their lives and relationships. They take art and dance classes, check out new books and films, and take time for the people in their lives so to gain a new perspective at middle age. Worth the read for people needing a nudge to also do so.
Sunny
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! If you are stuck in the same old rut, this is a must read. I am a life coach and I found this book inspiring. Additionally, I walked away with some good coaching lessons. I will probably buy this book many times over for my friends.
Karen
Feb 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: inspiration
This was a book I skimmed and didn't read. I guess I wasn't in the mood to read about someone else's experiences, but I wanted ideas. So I skimmed the book, especially the end of the books with the list of ideas to try.
Rene
Jan 02, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a blog turned into a book, a collection of entries and ideas for trying new things loosely organized by topic.
Marie
Jan 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Inspiring. I enjoyed the ideas, but I was a little older and didn't quite relate to the women.
That said, I picked it up repeatedly to get quick inspiration! I would recommend it.
Liz marx
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
Felt like I have read too much on this topic. Nothing new.
F
Apr 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I think I liked this book because it made me realize that I am not alone in feeling "stuck". Enjoyed the stories.
Teresa Gleckler
Eva Melchor
Aug 07, 2016
Jan 10, 2016
Rachel
rated it did not like it
Jan 18, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• One Good Deed: 365 Days of Trying to Be Just a Little Bit Better
  • Beyond Cynical: Transcend Your Mammalian Negativity
  • Learning to Breathe: My Yearlong Quest to Bring Calm to My Life
  • Take the Leap: Do What You Love 15 Minutes a Day and Create the Life of Your Dreams
  • In Your Element: Ancient Wisdom for Modern Times
  • Mind-Body Workbook for Anger: Effective Tools for Anger Management and Conflict Resolution
  • Creating Copowerment Workbook: Embracing the Power of Positive Psychology, Healing Stories and Explorations to Create the Life You Want
  • One Simple Idea: How Positive Thinking Reshaped Modern Life
  • Social Media Marketing for Publishers
  • The Illuminator: Access to Universal Intelligence
  • Technical Writing: Process and Product
  • The Tao of Stress: How to Calm, Balance, and Simplify Your Life
“When you wake up in the morning, Pooh,” said Piglet at last, “What’s the first thing you say to yourself?” “What’s for breakfast?” said Pooh. “What do you say, Piglet?” “I say, I wonder what’s going to happen exciting today?” said Piglet. Pooh nodded thoughtfully. “It’s the same thing,” he said. —A. A. Milne” 0 likes
“Play generates optimism and inspires us to seek out novelty. It gives the immune system a bounce, fosters empathy, and promotes a sense of belonging and community. Each of these play by-products are indices of personal health, and their shortage can lead to health problems and personal fragility.” 0 likes