Start by marking “Shipwrecked (Shipwrecked, #1)” as Want to Read:
Shipwrecked (Shipwrecked, #1)

Shipwrecked

(Shipwrecked #1)

This is the first book in a major new series. "Lost" meets "Gossip Girl". I jump at the sound of a whispered voice over my shoulder. But when I turn round all I see is sand, and the towering, green wall of the rainforest. I guess it must have been the breeze, but I can't help shivering. I have the weirdest feeling that we're being watched. Grace Delaney and her fellow danc ...more
Published June 3rd 2013 by Electric Monkey

Start your review of Shipwrecked (Shipwrecked, #1)
Veronica Morfi
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Nothing special. A lot of teenage drama and not enough island spookiness.
Luna
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: uk-authors
The tag line of “Lost meets Gossip Girl” has no impact on me, I’ve never seen Gossip Girl and gave up on Lost after episode 2. I picked this book up for one reason only: Siobhan Curham

Reassuringly Siobhan Curham writing remains brilliant. You just want to read Shipwrecked. As a first book in a series there is a good balance between setting up the next book while having a gripping story for the reader to enjoy this time round. Personally I’m really looking forward to reading what happens next.

I w
salmon
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
i had a great time reading this ;) mind-blowing.
SJH (A Dream of Books)
Siobhan Curham is the author of the wonderful 'Dear Dylan' and 'Finding Cherokee Brown' both of which I have previously enjoyed. Her new title 'Shipwrecked' is aimed at a slightly older teen audience and is the first in a saga. Described as Gossip Girl meets Lost, the tagline made the book sound extremely promising and I was looking forward to a thrilling and sizzling summer read.

Grace Delaney along with her friends, are en route to perform on a South Pacific cruise ship when a storm hits, leav
Liz Jager
Jun 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
I read Shipwrecked in 2 days over the weekend past. The set-up is handled well and effortlessly by Ms. Curham (as expected)and I relished knowing that the kids who seem so very cultured and bitchy would soon be stranded on an island. There is much bitchiness and shenanigans and it's handled well within the context of the book. I liked the voodoo vibe too and I like how the characters find out about that. It's creepy in places - thoroughly approved of this too - and I liked how the main character ...more
Jack
Jun 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
For book reviews and more, please visit my book blog, The Book Stop

I read Shipwrecked during our scorcher of a Summer, and it was the perfect Summer read, I must say. I love all books involving a shipwreck, but this one just blew me away. I was not expecting it to be THAT good. I read Shipwrecked as part of the Shipwrecked Readalong with Sophie and Zoe. It was great chatting about Shipwrecked, and we all seemed to have the same opinion, we loved it!

The plot of Shipwrecked is very interesting. At
Smithjamest
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shipwrecked by Siobhan Curham is darker than her previous two novels, Dear Dylan, and Finding Cherokee Brown. However I think I enjoyed it more. Shipwrecked is what I would look for in a Young Adult novel with equal amounts of sass, adventure, drama, and romance. I like how Curham manages to make sure that there is an equal amount of girl/boy time to girl/friend time.

Shipwrecked follows a dance crew as they become wrecked on a desert island while they travel to a cruise ship to perform. Curham
Kirsty
Dec 06, 2012 rated it liked it
The press release for this is bang on when it describes this book as gossip girl meets lost. A group of teen dancers are shipwrecked onto a tropical and oh so slightly sinister island and the story follows them as they adjust to their new settings.

The story is told from the point of view from Grace. Grace and her friends are hilarious to follow as they find themselves shipwrecked. The group immediately splits into cliques, the bitchy rich ones in one corner, the nice but poor scholarship studen
Navya
Jun 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-comfort
At first I thought this book would be one of those typical teenager-type of books, and to some extent it was, but I think it was still interesting because of the twist. Every chapter leaves you on a cliff hanger, and I kept wanting to know more. The plot line and characters were very "typical teenagery" and I think that was what made it amusing to read. Overall, I think this was a fun and amusing book. This type of genre is quite new to me and I'm glad I gave it a try!
Katie (Kitkatscanread)
Thank you to Electric Monkey for sending this to me for review!!

Oh my God this book was so good!!
Blew me away how fantastically entertaining it was!
It really makes me want to play Sims Castaway now (damn you)
So many fantastic characters. Eep!
Honestly can't wait for the sequel =D

Video review to come..
Maddie
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: library-books, ukya
Review for Heart Full of Books: http://heartfullofbooks.com/2014/09/2... ...more
Campbelll
May 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
little bookworm girl
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite, owned
OMG.
I absolutely loved this book. I will definitely be reading the second book. I could not believe the ending and how creepy it got !!!!! My favourite bit was when they were all playing truth or day and it all kicked off. LOVED IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mardiyah
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I got scary dream after I read this novel. But I still looking for the Shipwreck Saga.. ;]
Jo Bullen
Apr 18, 2019 rated it liked it
I like Curham's work generally, though I found this a bit of an odd mix in terms of teen-drama and shipwreck. The ending disturbed me so much I had to read something else for another 2 hrs to 2am.
Danii Allen
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I wrote some notes about this book as I was reading. The first half I wrote about half way through, and the second half were written once I'd finished the book. I'm going to put them both under separate spoiler cuts, but I don't know whether the first one counts as spoilers or not because I hadn't finished.

(view spoiler)
Jesca
Dec 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing

FINISHED THE BOOK SECTION

I just finished the book and I'm actually blown away. My mind is wrecked. As in shipwrecked?
Wasn't expecting the book to be this good.
I thought it was going to one of those bad young adult clichè novels. I was totally wrong. Although it was a cliche but it was a brilliant cliche.

So le' me give you a rundown on what's going on in this story.

THE STORY LINE SECTION

We have a dance crew right. Grace (main girl), Jenna (bestfriend), Cariss (bitch....but she is), Todd (Grace's
Anya (An Awful Lot of Reading)
My second Siobhan Curham book was very easy to read and get sucked into. Curham has this easy-reading and flowing narrative that just rolls over you and draws you in. And with a mad and adventurous story as this, the story-telling has to be great. Luckily, it really was!

Told from Grace's P.O.V, the group of dancers get stuck on an island on their way to the cruise ship for which they are the entertainment. The lot of them make up quite a stereotypical group, from the rich brats, the jock types a
Emma
Jul 09, 2013 marked it as guest-reviews
Review by Beth

I had the pleasure of reading Finding Cherokee Brown by Siobhan Curham in March and so was super happy when another of her novels found its way through my letter box. Shipwrecked is entirely different from Cherokee though and is the beginning of a brand new series from the author. I believe the Shipwrecked novels are also aimed at a slightly older audience which is all good for me.
Described as ‘Lost’ meets ‘Gossip Girl’ I didn’t find myself hooked by the synopsis. I am NOT a Gossip
Wattle
2.5 stars out of 5.

Lost meets Gossip Girl. Apparently. I personally find this tag line ridiculous as well as way off the mark.

I thought that Shipwrecked had such a promising premise. A bunch of teenagers, on their way to perform on a cruise ship, end up stranded on an island where strange things start to happen.

This book started out so well, I enjoyed it for perhaps one third of it. But once they ended up on the island things started to go downhill.

I just wish that for once some teenage stories
Meg
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the second time I have read Shipwrecked and I absolutely LOVE this book!!
I love Grace too!! She is lovely strong character and a good friend! I did not like her boyfriend Todd!! Ugh! He was sooo cocky and just a TOOL!!
I LOVED Jimmy the Flea. If I ever got Shipwrecked on a weird island I would sooo want him there!! He was just hilarious!
I quite liked Dan too although I would have liked to get to know more about him! Maybe we will in the next one! (Which I am psyched for!!) :) ugh!! Jenn
Lycidas Bookworm
Aug 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ok so i randomly got this book, because i was hungry for new books and very desperate.
And to be honest it turned out to be a pretty good book. A lot of things happen to keep you entertained, just before you get bored and i love the love stories that have been going on, turning a love triangle into proper relationships that make you grab your bed cover in jealousy of the perfection. At times i didnt like how the relationships between the characters were so extremely immature, guessing their age i
Marion Grassie
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I was very kindly given this book by the author following a mix-up by Goodreads. Many thanks to Siobhan Curham. That being said, the following is my considered review of the book.
The story takes place in a detailed and beautifully described tropical island setting. I would describe it as a gripping YA adventure with touches of comedy and romance.
It follows a group of young people, a dance crew en route to a performance, as they become victims of a storm in the South Pacific and become shipwrecke
Julia
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
all i have to say is that this book, is nearly perfection.

and im not exaggerating.

shipwrecked made me realize that a book doesnt have to have those deep words with deep constellations, for it to be amazing to read.

it's the plot.

and that is what shipwrecked have. a plot that reels me in deep inside and plucked me so much emotions that if shipwrecked were a person i'd hug it so hard because im so in love with it. and the things to love there are the people, more accurately, Cruz (huehueheuehehe)
Vanessa
I picked this book up on a whim and ended up enjoying it very much! It was exactly what I expected: mindless but fun entertainment. All the characters are fairly black and white - one half of the group that's stranded on the island consists of nice characters who are really good people, and the other half consists of mean girls and not-too-bright jocks. I liked the characters I was supposed to like, and spent sufficient time rolling my eyes at the others. There is a romance in there too, but it' ...more
Chrissi
Dec 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure what to make of the whole Lost meets Gossip Girl statement. I'm a huge fan of Gossip Girl... Lost not so much. The plot of Shipwrecked grabbed me immediately though. I found it completely unpredictable which is always nice. It kept me reading, devouring page after page. I found Siobhan Curham's writing in Shipwrecked quite chilling. It was completely different to Finding Cherokee Brown, which shows just how talented a writer she is. I'm so glad Shipwrecked is a series, because it e ...more
Ellie
Jan 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
i really liked this book and was really spooked out at some bits, like the voice in Grace's head. The only thing for me was that the mean girl (forgotten her name at the moment!) was a real cliche popular, rich, bitchy girly girl. i was disappointed that her character remained that cliche the whole way through the book. I would have liked to have seen some development from her. Then again, this could happen in the next book.
Anyway, i enjoyed it more than i thought i would, and am eager to conti
Readgig
Nov 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. It took me a while to read, but it was fast paced and exciting all the way through, while somehow it was still relatable to my life. I was expecting the usual stuck-on-a-desert-island book that has been completely overdone, but somehow, this book was fresh and new. It was spooky and haunting, and perfect for Halloween, which is when I happened to read it.
Reviewed by Sophie
Read the full review here!
Karin
Feb 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-picks
All those fans out there of Total Drama Island (survivor etc) will really like the melodrama of this story. A group of dance students marooned on an island, each of them with very different profiles and lots of love interest happening. Voodoo and mysterious strangers abound so hold on to your hats because there is a lot more to come apparently, cliff hanger ending, as the book blurb says..."Betrayal and forbidden love beneath a seething sun..."
Lowther Hall Library: Nora Collisson Centre

• When We Dream (LOVE NXT, #1)
  • More Than This (Up All Night #3)
  • Girl, Missing (Girl, Missing, #1)
  • Sister, Missing (Girl, Missing, #2)
  • Hunting Lila (Lila, #1)
  • Jugend ohne Gott
  • Pretty Girl-13
  • Fracture (Fracture, #1)
  • Volevo i pantaloni
  • Die Oleanderfrauen
  • Teardrop (Teardrop, #1)
  • Die Frau im hellblauen Kleid: Roman
  • Losing Lila (Lila, #2)
  • Don't Even Think About It (Don't Even Think About It, #1)
  • No Angel (The Spoils of Time, #1)
  • Rush (Rush, #1)
  • The Body Market (The Wired #2)
  • Unplugged (The Wired, #1)
Hi, I’m Siobhan…

When I was a child my evil genius parents decided not to have a TV as they thought it was bad for a child’s imagination – I mean, as if?! And, as this was in the days before the internet and mobile phones, I had a choice – I could either learn to love books or I could die of boredom. So I learnt to love books and pretty soon my love of reading grew into a love of writing and I drea

Shipwrecked (2 books)
  • Dark of the Moon (Shipwrecked, #2)