Start by marking “The Astonishing Power of Emotions: Let Your Feelings Be Your Guide” as Want to Read:
The Astonishing Power of Emotions: Let Your Feelings Be Your Guide

The Astonishing Power of Emotions: Let Your Feelings Be Your Guide

This leading-edge book by Esther and Jerry Hicks, who present the teachings of the Non-Physical entity Abraham, will help you understand the emotions that you’ve been experiencing all of your life. Instead of the out-of-control, knee-jerk reactions that most people have to their ever-changing life experience, this work will put those responses into a broader context. You’l ...more
Published September 1st 2008 by Hay House (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Astonishing Power of Emotions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Astonishing Power of Emotions

Start your review of The Astonishing Power of Emotions: Let Your Feelings Be Your Guide
Heidi The Reader
"Beyond the five physical senses that you are actively aware of, there is another less-realized sense — the sense of emotion." pg 20

Esther Hicks channeled this book from her "higher self," an entity she calls Abraham. It is about how one can deliberately create their experience by being aware of their emotions. It also gives advice on how to focus on those things that make you feel good, because by doing so, Hicks believes it will "bring you into alignment" with your higher being. And, therefore
Kyra
Oct 29, 2010 rated it did not like it
Curl up one night and pick up this book to hear soothing words about how you can be, do, or have anything and how perfect and wonderful you are... Enter a magical land where entities of the nonphysical dimension enchant you and tell you all the things you could want to hear... Surrender your critical thinking skills and open your mind to the possibility of solely listening to your emotions for guidance... You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... Let The Astonishing Power of Emotions take you on a ...more
Angela
Mar 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in the The Law of Attraction
Shelves: non-fiction-read
I'm a huge fan of Esther and Jerry Hicks and the teachings of Abraham. I've read Ask and is Given, subscribe to Abraham-Hicks monthly CD's and have watched The Secret. I truly believe we can be, do, or have anything we want. The challenge is learning how to keep yourself feeling good, going with the flow, totally allowing all that you desire to manifest. This book really helps put into practice The Art of Allowing.
Cee
Apr 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is not one book written by Esther and Jerrmy Hicks that I could rate under 10 stars. But then again, it will not be for many people I know. If it is for you, you will feel the same way, and you will be comprehending your Vortex.
I recommend this book for anyone who has genuinely struggled with religion in their lives, and is called to that which is the much bigger picture. THis book can speak worlds if you are ready to receive it!
I cannot be greatful enough to have picked up this series of
Dustin Crazy little brown owl
When you understand that the way you feel has only to do with the alignment of your own thought Energy, and you work to bring yourself into alignment - independent of anyone else's behavior - now you are empowered. Now you really are free.
- Abraham Hicks

The Astonishing Power of Emotions enlightens readers about managing feelings for the greatest outcome. After the introduction and main instruction, there are 33 examples of real-life situations and how to de-escalate a potentially negative situat
Davor Salopek
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a good book to start the year. I love it.
Robin
While this is the 8th Abraham-Hicks book I’ve reviewed, it is also one of my favorites. Ask and It is Given is an excellent introduction to the Abraham material, and The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent features many exercises or games to improve your life, but the strength of The Astonishing Power of Emotions is its simplicity. At any point in life, on any subject, we are either sailing along smoothly or putting up resistance, and this book employs the simple analogy of heading downstream or ...more
Molly
Jun 09, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-age
This book teaches that, wherever we are, we can choose thoughts that feel a little better or a little worse. Abraham/Hicks says if you choose the slightly better feeling thought it makes all the difference.

The book is full of scenarios where we see the progression from awful feeling thoughts to less awful to better feeling. At each juncture there was a sense of relief. I found it helpful and doable.
David Hooper
Sep 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I've read a lot of books in this subject (power of thought) and this is one of the best. Looked at things from a different, yet familiar perspective. Also give about 30 common issues you may be facing in your life, from death of a parent, to breakup of a relationship, and shows a strategy for dealing with these things.

This book is along the lines of "The Secret" but much deeper. If you're looking for the real nuts and bolts of how the Law of Attraction works, I recommend this book.
Noor Abu Hassan
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing.beyond thankful.
Vijita verma
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This book has been written with its point of attraction kept in mind. For me it was more of revising my audios of Abraham and something I can store for revisions everytime I want to refer back...
mark
I think this is the real deal. I also think many readers misunderstand what it is that is being said. As i understand it: The point is--you are where you are and you must acknowledge that accurately (there are ways to do this) and once understood you then, and only then, have a choice. You can choose to feel better or worse ... but only incrementally. It is a process. If you choose to feel better, say feeling hatred and rage over despair and hopelessness--you are headed in the right direction. I ...more
Gina Lynette
As always, the Abraham-Hicks collaboration has co-created a wonderful reference for those who are looking for a better understanding of how to allow the manifestation of those things we desire. This edition offers an introduction to the Law of Attraction, with some supporting information on the Art of Allowing and the Science of Deliberate Intent in the early part.

The majority of the book is a Q and A with Abraham--each question and answer filling a chapter. Abraham-Hicks give suggestions for d
Leticia
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best of Abraham Hicks!!! This is must read for everyone that enjoy's Abraham's teachings. Every case discussed in this book has an important and valid message from the master of Law of Attraction.
Erin
Oct 16, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like the other books in this series, this book is about monitoring what you think and feel to reflect less resistance to current circumstances, in order to attract what you truly desire. They use the analogy of rowing a canoe downstream, instead of upstream to illustrate the feeling of allowing one's thoughts and emotions to "flow" without resistance to what is happening at any given moment.
Beth Cohen
Mar 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic read from the teachings of Abraham. It just makes sense. When you read this, it confirms that you are part of a larger self and that larger self is always there ready to help guide you.
Aisha
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
2 stars in the sense that it was ok.. I really really like much of what they have to say! particularly the upstream/downstream .. but it gets absurd at some points plus I'm not thrilled with the channeling bit of the whole thing..
Nic's Notebook
Mar 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first book that actually made the "Law of Attraction" make sense to me!
Katy
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All of the Abraham Hicks books are exceptional :)
Zoe
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I started reading about this subject because of a post from a friend a few weeks ago. She talked about positive thinking and how she has benefited from it. I read her post a few times and decided to learn more about what she was talking about.

So I came upon Esther Hicks and her late husband's/partner's publications. I am still trying to decide what I truly feel about it but it kind of makes sense to me. This is the second book I read from them and it isn't a great introduction to their way of t
Hilary Whatley
A good explanation of the law of attraction concept. I take the whole "Abraham" idea with a grain of salt (to be honest it almost stopped me from reading the book entirely - and I was a little embarrassed to be reading a book like this). This comes across as cult-ish (although I think what she is talking about is the inner voice (higher self) we can access through meditation/dreams). However, since the rest of the book still seemed fascinating (to me), I decided to read it anyways.

I loved the vi
Kelly
I enjoyed the audiobook, although Jerry's reading of it felt a bit rushed at times or dry.

The overall message is not to fight with yourself and how you're feeling in any given negative situation, just gently start turning your thoughts around so you're going with the flow instead of fighting it every second of the way.

I like this under the premise of "The Art of Allowing". I've also heard this called "The Law of Reverse Effort". Another way to put it is "Let go and let God".

I think one of the m
D
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Gosh this book has sat on my shelf for two years but I downloaded an audio version. If I had something else to listen to in the car perhaps I would have turned it off.

So glad I didn’t through the light hearted humour it kept me listening and I could view so many examples in my life that require improvement.

. Recommend if you enjoy Law of Attraction or the secret. I wouldn’t recommend if that isn’t your cup
Of tea.

Though life isn’t always about thought as many believe. We do come across blocks
it’s a book thang
Book 14 of 2020;

The Astonishing Power is Emotions
-Esther & Jerry Hicks
(Audible)

If you can put your cynicism in a box along with 'it can't really be that easy' and read this book, you will come out the other end feeling more positive. Read a chapter a day or as I did, I just listened to it on the commute to and from work - read it slowly and absorb it. Read it all because the momentum builds that way and because there is stuff for all of us even in the chapters that don't seem to apply. This book
Jay Booth
Jun 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Main Takeaways:
This book has a really wild background, it posits that it was transcribed by a human listening to supernatural forces. Despite its sketchy metaphysical underpinnings, I think it had some interesting lessons
Law of attraction: you will attract what you orient towards, materially and socially
Law of allowing: there is a stream of life, let it flow through you, don't fight
Emotions happen to us and can be guiding/orienting
Lots of examples of how to apply these thoughts in your life
Overa
Ada
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alright I love Abraham-Hicks and Esters and Jerrys publications as they always enlighten me and lifts me up by bringing some light to anything I want. The astonishing power of emotions is pretty much this, a guide to our guiding system if you know what I mean.
Very useful to learn more and understand this inner guide we all have and I'm just rendezvoused on how perfectly timed the universe has been on leading me to these resources of information bringing more clarity into my life.
Always pleased
Alejandro Magallanes
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Abraham always makes things so simple, and no matter how difficult a person might want to make their existence, we all have something inside of us affirming, "Yup. That's exactly how life works." About 75% of the book gives examples of how to follow your emotions toward a pleasant downstream path to accomplishment and joy. The first 25% of the book are blueprint on how the system works. This is helpful to all of humanity. Makes me proud that I'm published under the umbrella of Hay House.
Annie
Jul 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great advice for using emotions as your guide to begin drawing in more of what you want and "letting go of the oars" to stop working so hard against the current. I liked the practical recommendation of finding relief in small steps but keeping those small changes consistent so that soon you'll be naturally flowing downstream with the current (while accepting that it's impossible to not have some upstream thoughts). A few times I laughed aloud--there's some good humor thrown in there.
Nidhi Sehgal
I have been following Esther and jerry hick’s books from quite some time now. They have helped me to look at life beyond religion. I must say ,I have evolved as a Person through these books. These books helped be to introspect my life and helped me in becoming conscious of my thoughts and emotions. I have become more joyful, stronger and confident because of the teachings in books. I am grateful that I came across these books.
Tricia
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was very "Ah-ha" for me, reading things I already know and just needed the reminder, but also just being able to adjust my thinking was nice. I needed the step back and view of where I am, where I was and where I want to be and how life, others, and how my own actions are impacting the day (the world... etc).
I'm sure I'll read this again.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Really? 3 33 Apr 05, 2012 08:34PM

• Heal Your Body: The Mental Causes for Physical Illness and the Metaphysical Way to Overcome Them
  • Ask Your Guides: Connecting to Your Divine Support System
  • Co-creating at Its Best: A Conversation Between Master Teachers
  • The Power of Intention: Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way
  • The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
  • Awakening the Buddha Within: Eight Steps to Enlightenment
  • Seth Speaks: The Eternal Validity of the Soul
  • Conversations With God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Book 3
  • Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More
  • The Intention Experiment: Using Your Thoughts to Change Your Life and the World
  • The Way of the Wizard: Twenty Spiritual Lessons for Creating the Life You Want
  • Inspiration: Your Ultimate Calling
  • Law of Attraction: The Science of Attracting More of What You Want and Less of What You Don't
  • Living in the Light: A Guide to Personal and Planetary Transformation
  • What the Bleep Do We Know!?: Discovering the Endless Possibilities for Altering Your Everyday Reality
  • Creative Visualization: Use the Power of Your Imagination to Create What You Want in Your Life
  • You Can Heal Your Life
  • Excuses Begone!: How to Change Lifelong, Self-Defeating Thinking Habits
Esther Hicks is an American inspirational speaker and best-selling author. She has co-authored nine books with her husband Jerry Hicks, presents workshops on the Law of Attraction and appeared in the first release of the film The Secret. The Hickses' books, including the best-selling series The Law of Attraction, are — according to Esther Hicks — Channelled from a group of non-physical entities ca ...more

News & Interviews

“stop talking about the things that are bothering you so much.” 36 likes
“You always know more clearly what you do want when you are faced with what you do not want. But whether you are consciously aware of it or not, all day, every day, you are giving birth to new desires that are being born from the details of the life you are living out on the Leading Edge of thought.” 11 likes